No announcement yet.

New RED sub

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

if u wanna sell, post online and see what's the offer like?

if not, u can always bring to pre-own shop to sell. otherwise, just keep lor, its a beautiful watch.

Comment

Originally posted by Redsub View Post
      Mine comes with Certificate with authorised dealer stamp on it. Kept certificate in my bank safe. haha. Can fetch $28K like the one in Yahoo?
      cheers

I think there was 1 up for sales by a guy from Singapore in TZ showcase. His was a 1971 1680 Red Sub (W/O papers) and is going at Euro 7.5K which I think is around the region of SGD 16K .

Cheers,
      HISTORY IS WRITTEN BY THOSE WHO
      REALIZE THERE'S NEVER A RIGHT WAY.

ONLY A BETTER WAY.

Comment

Originally posted by Taurus75 View Post
        I think there was 1 up for sales by a guy from Singapore in TZ showcase. His was a 1971 1680 Red Sub (W/O papers) and is going at Euro 7.5K which I think is around the region of SGD 16K .

Cheers,
        The price it can fetch, really depends on the demand. If there's demand, even $28K is possible
        Dream as if you'll live forever. Live as if you'll die today. -James Dean

Comment

hmnn passions got one piece for sale for 15.8k

http://www.passions.com.sg/Rolex_Vintage/7910-Sub.htm
          Rolex TT Submariner Date Blue Dial (Ref#116613LB)
          Rolex Deep Sea Sea Dweller (Ref#116660)
          Rolex 18K/SS Oyster Perpetual Datejust (Ref#16233)
          Omega Seamaster 300M Chrono (Ref#2920.80.91)

Comment

Originally posted by nottinghill View Post
            hmnn passions got one piece for sale for 15.8k

http://www.passions.com.sg/Rolex_Vintage/7910-Sub.htm
            Price is around there. But a pity that there's no paper. May be worth even more in another 10yrs time. Really a must have for hardcore ROLEX collectors

Comment

Originally posted by minusplus View Post
              Price is around there. But a pity that there's no paper. May be worth even more in another 10yrs time. Really a must have for hardcore ROLEX collectors
              yeah..... but i guess with a rolex service cert may help too...

Comment

Originally posted by nottinghill View Post
                yeah..... but i guess with a rolex service cert may help too...
                Damn Nice watch! I love it! My dream watch, when I first get my first rolex and i saw this watch. Too costly lah. Did u verify the watch at RSC as the watch is so costly? Is the Dial origined with the watch? Not to scare u. But be careful. Thanks for the pics.

Comment

Redsub

Mine is a Red Sub during the mid 70 I used it for diving at Tioman, treat this watch for rough wear, cos I bought it around $700.00 brand new list price was $979 those day you can get up 25 -27% discount on Rolex watches, so no big deal.

I was offered by Peter Chew sales staff Daytona stainless steel for $1950.00 in the mid 70' I told them it look so ugly off course regret today! Only I can turn back the clock!! haha!

Anyway my Redsub is in a beautiful condition though I wear it on alternate
                  day. Keep the certificate in the Bank safe.

cheers

Comment

Originally posted by Redsub View Post
                    Mine is a Red Sub during the mid 70 I used it for diving at Tioman, treat this watch for rough wear, cos I bought it around $700.00 brand new list price was $979 those day you can get up 25 -27% discount on Rolex watches, so no big deal.

I was offered by Peter Chew sales staff Daytona stainless steel for $1950.00 in the mid 70' I told them it look so ugly off course regret today! Only I can turn back the clock!! haha!

Anyway my Redsub is in a beautiful condition though I wear it on alternate
                    day. Keep the certificate in the Bank safe.

cheers

hey how about some pics? anyway wear it in good health...cheers....

Comment

Any idea where you all service the vintage pics like the red sub? Do they have vintage parts replacement?
                      Rolex stainless steel daytona (black dial)
                      Rolex LV submariner
                      Rolex TT black submariner
                      Rolex GMT2 Pepsi
                      Rolex Non date submariner
                      Rolex Explorer2
                      More...

Comment

Originally posted by teo View Post
                        Any idea where you all service the vintage pics like the red sub? Do they have vintage parts replacement?
                        That's a very relevant and good qn. Does RSC still service watches that are say, > 30yrs old? I was told that they don't, once the watch exceeds 25 or 30yrs old? Can any bro testify this?

Comment

If I'm not wrong, it's not that they don't service it... but more likely that they will send it back to Switzerland for servicing. That inadvertantly bumps up the repair bills by 2-3x ... and the waiting period. May take as long as 6 months to get your watch back.

That said, you have to be careful when asking RSC to service such an old piece. their priority is to make your watch look "new"... so they may helpfully replace your tritium hands with new super luminova ones... or worse, change the dial for you...

your vintage collectible will then lose 30% of its value right there!
                          So you should take lots of photos before sending it in, and make sure it's written down on the service request that hands, dial are not to be changed... and if you change the bezel, keep the old one.

Comment

Originally posted by keltzar View Post
                            your vintage collectible will then lose 30% of its value right there!
                            True. Some hardcore collectors will make sure that the bracelet, dial, hands, and other parts are from the orginal watch

Comment

nice red subbie. Reminds me of mine, which I sold few years back. I'm now kicking myself hard. I bot it few years back for about 6.5k back then. How time flies and how 1680-0 has risen over the years!
                              http://ericssanpad.blogspot.com

Pair of Rolex Datejusts (Creamy Pyramid Dial)
                              Rolex Sea Dweller K-series
                              Seiko Automatic Divers Watches
                              Seiko Diving Computer

Comment

Originally posted by ericssan View Post
                                nice red subbie. Reminds me of mine, which I sold few years back. I'm now kicking myself hard. I bot it few years back for about 6.5k back then. How time flies and how 1680-0 has risen over the years!
                                yea...if you need help kicking yourself..do let me know...i will be glad to assist you...hehehe lup zhi kar....

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X