Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help with 6694

Hi guys,

My wife's birthday is coming up real soon and i'm thinking of buying her a 6694 as a gift.
    3 questions here:

1) Are there any shops in singapore you would reccomend to get a 6694? I know i could just post a WTB on the forum here but i'm looking for one made in her birth year (1982) which would be like a needle in a haystack here.

2) How do you tell the production date assuming it comes without papers?

3) Anyone here knows where i can get custom made dials (MOP) and Sapphire Crystals made for a 6694? She's pretty careless so i'd rather her use one with a saphire glass instead of plastic crystal.

TIA guys!!

BTW, anyone selling 1982 6694, please PM me! :P
    16610 [B]Submariner[/B] [COLOR="#2e8b57"][B]Lunette Verde[/B][/COLOR]
    *TRAVELKAKIS SINGAPORE FORUM MEMBER*

There are some 6694 experts here who'll be able to advise. Triton's one of them.

The Crown Of Achievement

Comment

i am not an expert lah. there are more qualified people than me.

Originally posted by Oceanklassik View Post
      There are some 6694 experts here who'll be able to advise. Triton's one of them.

if you have issues with your account, click here for self help and read forum rules here. 90% of your answers can be found in Forum FAQ

i DO NOT respond to any pm regarding account issues

kindly email with
      1. subject heading indicating your issue
      2. your nick
      3. your corresponding email address
      4. state what you were trying to do and what the system prevented you to do

if you receive no response in pm or email, it means your answers can be found in the Forum FAQ here

your kind understanding is very much appreciated.

disclaimer : all opinions expressed are personal

Comment

i am not an expert lah. there are more qualified people than me.

Originally posted by Oceanklassik View Post

if you have issues with your account, click here for self help and read forum rules here. 90% of your answers can be found in Forum FAQ

kindly email with
        2. your nick

if you receive no response in pm or email, it means your answers can be found in the Forum FAQ here

Comment

Answer for Qs 1

you may want to consider visiting places like chinatown - people's park complex, people's park centre, etc to look around for 6694. you may also want to consider visiting bencoolen area where there are several preown shops that may have 6694. alternatively, you can consider visiting one of our forum advertiser - HJ watch where there are quite a number of 6694 when i last visited them about 3 months ago.

if you are looking for birth year (82), consider looking for case serial number between 7129351 and 7437845. however this is no guarantee that the warranty papers will be stamped 82. there can also be warranty papers outside the serial number range which may be stamped in the year 82.

Answer to Qs 2

refer to Answer 1 latter part.

Answer to Qs 3

for custom made dials such as MOP, you will have to try the preown shops. but do note that these dials are considered after market dials. with after market dials (not original that comes with 6694), RSC has the right to refuse to accept the watch may it be for regulation, service, polish, etc.

plastic crystal = acrylic? if it is, then it is cheaper compared to sapphire. one of the concerns is that acrylic scratches easily. as of now, i yet to see any 6694 that comes with sapphire, this does not mean that there is none.

Originally posted by aflop View Post
          Hi guys,

My wife's birthday is coming up real soon and i'm thinking of buying her a 6694 as a gift.
          3 questions here:

1) Are there any shops in singapore you would reccomend to get a 6694? I know i could just post a WTB on the forum here but i'm looking for one made in her birth year (1982) which would be like a needle in a haystack here.

3) Anyone here knows where i can get custom made dials (MOP) and Sapphire Crystals made for a 6694? She's pretty careless so i'd rather her use one with a saphire glass instead of plastic crystal.

TIA guys!!

kindly email with
          2. your nick

Comment

The question is why 6694?
            Maybe you can consider later models with sapphire crystal instead.

Unless you wanted a manual winding model.

After market sapphire for acrylic have risk of hands touching the crystal and water proofing issue.
            Also hard to find.
            Audemars Piguet Ball Bell&Ross Cartier IWC Longines Omega Panerai Rolex Sinn Tissot

Alba Casio Citizen Roox Seiko

Wanted to add PP but bo lui

Comment

Thanks for the replies guys!

The sapphire glass is aftermarket one, i figured if i'm gonna AM the dial i might as well do the whole thing.

@triton - how do i check the dial serial number?
              @Watch - 6696 + Dial + Sapphire = 1500 + 300 + 300 (+/-) = 2100
              Still cheaper than the newer models!

The newer ones without &P already 3k plus and my wife wants boysize so 6694 is the cheapest alternative?
              Anyone got advise out there?

Comment

serial number is located @ 6 o'clock position between the lugs.

btw, is there a 6696 model?

@triton - how do i check the dial serial number?
                @Watch - 6696 + Dial + Sapphire = 1500 + 300 + 300 (+/-) = 2100
                Still cheaper than the newer models!

The newer ones without &P already 3k plus and my wife wants boysize so 6694 is the cheapest alternative?
                Anyone got advise out there?

kindly email with
                2. your nick

Comment

Sorry Typo, it should be 6694

Comment

Hi guys,

3 questions here:

TIA guys!!

1) Definitely a needle in the haystack. Ain't gonna be easy since you are looking for a particular production year.

2) Yes you can by the serial number, but that's just an estimate though it's pretty accurate.

3) Sapphire glass...I came across it before but it doesn't come cheap, well the one I know..their price is quite ridiculous lah. MOP dials are quite easily avail I guess, can check out preowned shops.

Sometimes forgotten, but always contactable. Darkangel (2007-2014)

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X