No announcement yet.

The charm of a '60s Submariner

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Very beautiful and desirable "Serif" dial 5513 you got there....

Matching dial lume plots with hand set makes it all worth the while....

Go by the simplicity of logic: "If it ain't broken, don't fix it."

Just wear it, till something goes kaput...besides, not difficult to source for parts on that 15xx calibre movement...

Do your research on RSC and Independent Watchmakers before sending your 5513 in for a "Spa"....personally I prefer independents....

Excellent piece...would love to check out more close-ups of your bevels - aka edge of the lugs....to check out the degree of polishing variances....

Comment

Originally posted by AK™ View Post
      Very beautiful and desirable "Serif" dial 5513 you got there....

Matching dial lume plots with hand set makes it all worth the while....

Go by the simplicity of logic: "If it ain't broken, don't fix it."

Just wear it, till something goes kaput...besides, not difficult to source for parts on that 15xx calibre movement...

Do your research on RSC and Independent Watchmakers before sending your 5513 in for a "Spa"....personally I prefer independents....

Excellent piece...would love to check out more close-ups of your bevels - aka edge of the lugs....to check out the degree of polishing variances....
      Hi AK,

Thanks for sharing about the font, didn't realize it. I did some searching on the net on this and saw quite a fair bit of information as well. Coincidentally, I also stumbled across a '66 Submariner with the so-called "feet first" dial (with an ultra-pronounced dome!). What's the deal with all this feet-first, meters-first thing? I thought the commonly accepted year for feet first dials was in 1970s onwards? Appreciate your views as always!
      Last edited by Gunbucker; 12-05-12, 02:10 PM. Reason: Correction

Comment

Too bad I already have a 5513. Otherwise this would be what I'd go for... just love the look of a superdomed crystal.

Here's the '66 5513:

Comment

Swee..... will aim for this.

Comment

nice,, that thing is cool any info on them as i've not heard of it?

thanks

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
            Working...
            X