No more rose. The shield to the fore!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Ryuden View Post
    On a side note, regarding this, I get where you coming from with the marriage and own child analogy...however...this is just a watch. Though there's a relation in terms of example, it doesn't really fit.

I am not saying I am in the know nor am I implying I am a hardcore Panerai fan aka Paneristi, but those who are/were deeply into the brand knows that the so-called Panerai in-house movement aren't really "in-house". It's more like "in-group" movement. Panerai in-house movements are actually from ValFleurier , a movement manufacturer owned by Richemont.

http://www.watch-wiki.net/index.php?title=ValFleurier

As you can see from the article, ValFleurier is the group's main movement manufacturer like ETA for the Swatch Group.

You will be surprised to know that their cases are made elsewhere too. They
    are made by Donze Baume, a case factory owned by Richemont which produces cases to their other brand within the group as well.

Panerai only does the design, marketing and sales - possibly final assembling. But they do not produce the parts i.e. Cases, dials, hands, movements, straps, bracelet...you name it. Everything is produced elsewhere in the group.

The only truly genuine in-house watch manufacturer is Seiko. They even manufacture their own movement lubricant.

my apologies brother not example but moral of the story.

ETA & few more for the Swatch Group, i aware on this issue. but Swatch Group not looking at used the movement but owned & taking control.

Richemont
    owned Panerai & many others brand. what so call "in-group" movement owned by Richemont, claiming to be in house movement for pam. Richemont owned The
    chain of command.

I also aware even Rolex has chain of command. founder, Rolex , The movement manufacturer. If I not wrong.

Yes`100%Seiko but not getting into luxury market. Loooking at GS, just like cheap seiko 5. Why pay like luxury when I can buy seiko 5. luckily the tuna got attention but not as luxury, why. because ppl looking at Seiko like affordable watches to buy , not luxury .

Brand just representation
    Design as object
    Manufacturer no more longer known as makes but company

brand getting more attention design will take place Manufacturer need owned by company by customers interest & demand

Back to Tudor black bay. I almost place my deposit today at AD for the bronze at 5400. collet the watch in 1/2 weeks time.

Comment

Originally posted by clocking View Post

...ETA & few more for the Swatch Group, i aware on this issue. but Swatch Group not looking at used the movement but owned & taking control...

...Yes`100%
      Seiko but not getting into luxury market. Loooking at GS, just like cheap seiko 5. Why pay like luxury when I can buy seiko 5. luckily the tuna got attention but not as luxury, why. because ppl looking at Seiko like affordable watches to buy , not luxury ...

I don't think I get what you meant...but on these two points, I can share with you my views. However, let's not hijack OP's thread of the awesome Bronze. We can WhatsApp as usual bro.

'It ain't how hard you hit;
      it's about how hard you can get hit, and keep moving forward.
      How much you can take, and keep moving forward.
      That's how winning is done.'

Comment

Originally posted by Oceanklassik View Post
        An AD showed it to me yesterday and the retail price is $5,472. No discount was given. The size is slightly bigger than the regular SS bb models, at 43mm.
        Yup. Knew this was a tad bigger from the SS from the press released. Thanks for the price info. You getting one?

Originally posted by roguehog View Post
        Thx bro. No i didnt attend the launch. $5472 list. Ad's will probably offer gradual diacounts when supply catches ip with demand and hype tapers off.
        I was informed of the launch however I was away and couldn't make it. How does it wears? And any pic of the Caseback? Can't recalled how the Caseback look like.

Looking forward to hear some hands on review of the bronze and the development of its patina. Congrats again Bro.

Originally posted by triton View Post
        the price is about 5400.

Wow! The diff of 2 mm is quite noticeable. Are you going to score one as well?

Back to Tudor black bay. I almost place my deposit today at AD for the bronze at 5400. collet the watch in 1/2 weeks time.

So you almost or you already did? If you had, looking forward to see the contrast of the bronze and your white gold. That would be awesome.

Thanks guys. Like I mentioned in one of the threads before...this is that one bronze piece I am actually looking forward to....but...with the recent acquisition of the Daytona, I will just have to live with Richard's pics of the BronzeBB and maybe the rest of you gentlemen next.

'It ain't how hard you hit;
        it's about how hard you can get hit, and keep moving forward.
        How much you can take, and keep moving forward.
        That's how winning is done.'

Comment

Right now. My two fave modern tudors

I don't have enuf watches but I will stop buying now!
          http://roguehogticktock.blogspot.sg/

Comment

****! Looks like i'm gonna need more storage room for straps. Odd-sized. Need to customize.

Comment

****! Looks like i'm gonna need more storage room for straps. Odd-sized. Need to customize.
              Congrats sir. Please advise where available.

Comment

Huh? U referring to the watch !!!???!!!

If so whatever u r smoking I want some please

Comment

I see. Emmm I might just place my order at vivo.

Comment

I see. Emmm I might just place my order at vivo.
                    Bro, u damn joker. Since the furst post everyone knows i had purchased this already. And u have been posting on this thread sibce day 1. Hahaha!

Can share sone of your smokes? Haha

Comment

Bro, u damn joker. Since the furst post everyone knows i had purchased this already. And u have been posting on this thread sibce day 1. Hahaha!

Can share sone of your smokes? Haha
                      Slightly lost Damn swee bro. Die die must own one

Comment

Stocks akan datang di AllWatches dua mingu lagi. Pricing sama sama.

Comment

24mm straps will fit fine. Nice BBs!
                          在幻变的生命里, 岁月, 原来是最大的小偷...

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
                          Working...
                          X