Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by HerzAusStahl View Post
    bro, no post-processing for all the shots

Third shot was with flourescent ambient lighting, no flash, and adjusted exposure. Took me quite a few tries to get the adjustments right though
    Pro ish pro...nothing else to say

Anyway...great pics

Sometimes forgotten, but always contactable. Darkangel (2007-2014)

Comment

wat about your equipment? F-stop, ISO?? Juz wana know more dude.. cheers.

bro, no post-processing for all the shots

Third shot was with flourescent ambient lighting, no flash, and adjusted exposure. Took me quite a few tries to get the adjustments right though

Desired horologes ...

- IWC Portuguese Automatic
      - GMT II
      - GMT IIc TT
      - Reverso Squadra Hometime (7008620)/ Reverso Squadra
      - Master Eight Days (1608420)
      - U1
      - IWC Aquatimer

An exquisite timepiece, brings timeless memories and precious moments...

Comment

No sophisticated equipment paiseh, I also noob when it comes to photography. Just my wife's 12MP ixus titanium, a mini tripod, 2 big CD pouches to form the "lightbox" to control ambient light. Light source is one of those big anti-flicker table lamps. I used the camera's "manual" mode, but I controlled mainly the exposure (ISO was auto - I tried various settings but couldn't beat the auto mode ). Yon can see from the photos that some are warmer more vibrant while some are cooler, because I used 2 sets... -2 and -1.x (negative because of the black background, correct? ) I think...

What gear do you use? Thinking of buying some acrylic from bras basah as base to get those professional looking "reflection" hehehe...

sms/whatsapp to 9OO3-8999

Comment

Oh and 1x casio watch stand, those that come standard with g-shocks.

Comment

Originally posted by jazz_samz View Post
            hhahaah.. I don't know about you but you are one of the few I now know who don't do post processing..

I refuse to pick up the know how cos I feel it takes away the beauty of the photography skill... call me an idiot but I take pride in being able to take un-edited photos (trying to feel like I have the real photography skill lah..kkekeke)... I know ppl who can do wonderful effects with all the s/w available in the market. However, I persist in not taking that route only bcos I feel that photography is a skill, it should not be 'wasted' by the digital age... Sounds very backward eh?? Those who do use S/W for post processing, pls don't take offence.. its just a personal point of view hor..

Well taken.. I believe that 1 photo made it all worthwhile..

Keep those photos coming..
            support u bro.
            if you have issues with your account, click here for self help and read forum rules here. 90% of your answers can be found in Forum FAQ

i DO NOT respond to any pm regarding account issues

kindly email with
            1. subject heading indicating your issue
            2. your nick
            3. your corresponding email address
            4. state what you were trying to do and what the system prevented you to do

if you receive no response in pm or email, it means your answers can be found in the Forum FAQ here

your kind understanding is very much appreciated.

disclaimer : all opinions expressed are personal

Comment

Hmm.. using a Ixus can get this kind of quality shot without post processing.. bro.. you have to have photography knowledge lah bro.. some more can know how to create lightbox to get a balance exposure... to you lah bro... I suspected something was amiss.. the lighting very good but surprisingly the second needle is not that sharp.. so I couldn't quite figure... now I know why...

If with an Ixus you can produce such a quality shot, take some with your SLR lah.. I am certain you have right? Or a pro-sumer camera.. kekekek.. looking forward to see more photos bro..

No sophisticated equipment paiseh, I also noob when it comes to photography. Just my wife's 12MP ixus titanium, a mini tripod, 2 big CD pouches to form the "lightbox" to control ambient light. Light source is one of those big anti-flicker table lamps. I used the camera's "manual" mode, but I controlled mainly the exposure (ISO was auto - I tried various settings but couldn't beat the auto mode ). Yon can see from the photos that some are warmer more vibrant while some are cooler, because I used 2 sets... -2 and -1.x (negative because of the black background, correct? ) I think...

What gear do you use? Thinking of buying some acrylic from bras basah as base to get those professional looking "reflection" hehehe...

Desired horologes ...

- GMT II
              - GMT IIc TT
              - U1
              - IWC Aquatimer

Comment

Looks like it makes two of us liao...

Originally posted by triton View Post
                support u bro.

Desired horologes ...

- GMT II
                - GMT IIc TT
                - U1
                - IWC Aquatimer

Comment

Just my wife's 12MP ixus titanium, a mini tripod, 2 big CD pouches to form the "lightbox" to control ambient light. Light source is one of those big anti-flicker table lamps. I used the camera's "manual" mode, but I controlled mainly the exposure (ISO was auto - I tried various settings but couldn't beat the auto mode ). Yon can see from the photos that some are warmer more vibrant while some are cooler, because I used 2 sets... -2 and -1.x (negative because of the black background, correct? ) I think...
                  Hmm.. using a Ixus can get this kind of quality shot without post processing.. bro.. you have to have photography knowledge lah bro.. some more can know how to create lightbox to get a balance exposure... to you lah bro...

If with an Ixus you can produce such a quality shot, take some with your SLR lah.. I am certain you have right? Or a pro-sumer camera.. kekekek.. looking forward to see more photos bro..
                  partly i think is due to the 12MP camera. if use a 8MP camera, would it have a different effect?

confirm got photography knowledge through trial and error in the past to get such shots.

below is a shot taken using 400D with 2 flashes.

if you have issues with your account, click here for self help and read forum rules here. 90% of your answers can be found in Forum FAQ

kindly email with
                  2. your nick

if you receive no response in pm or email, it means your answers can be found in the Forum FAQ here

Comment

exactly.... Hm... Bro... U selling something? Looks like u r preparing too leh... Hahaah
                    Got kangtao pm me 1st hor...

Desired horologes ...

- GMT II
                    - GMT IIc TT
                    - U1
                    - IWC Aquatimer

Comment

exactly.... Hm... Bro... U selling something? Looks like u r preparing too leh... Hahaah
                      Got kangtao pm me 1st hor...
                      u asking who?

selling?

preparing to go geylang later.....

kindly email with
                      2. your nick

Comment

Hi Bro

Great Mido u have there & excellent photography!!

Ben...
                        Current Collection:
                        Oris Big Crown TT mid size
                        Rado Florence (Quatz-movement)
                        Rolex GMTII 16710 (Y-series) Coke (For Sale)
                        Seiko Samurai White Dial on White Mini Monster Strap
                        Seiko SKX007 K2 Jubilee Bracelet
                        Rolex 116234 Datejust (V-series) Silver Jubilee Dial Diamond Markers

Comment

triton, cos the photo u posted taken with your 400D (by the way, same equipment.. you just bought it???) looks like those that ppl advertise... thats why I asked.. hahah

Desired horologes ...

- GMT II
                          - GMT IIc TT
                          - U1
                          - IWC Aquatimer

Comment

triton, cos the photo u posted taken with your 400D (by the way, same equipment.. you just bought it???) looks like those that ppl advertise... thats why I asked.. hahah
                            me using 350D, 400D is my friend's one.

no worries. cause i only got standard lenses. i borrow lenses from my friend to take pictures. in case u miss out the finger print marks..

so how can it be those advertise? me not prosumer lah. me still novice/beginner nia.

kindly email with
                            2. your nick

Comment

yo triton, just a suggestion (reference to the pic u posted), try taking without the 2x flashes. Use ambient white fluorescent lighting and play with the exposure (not shutter speed). Oh and change the focus setting to non-auto, non-point focus. If you are already on macro, I think you should be able to capture the entire casing in sharp focus, instead of the focus being on the crown (unless of course that's the intent lah hehehe). Oh and maintain probably 3-4 inch between lens and the watch... Sorry if I'm suggesting stuff that you already know

Comment

yo triton, just a suggestion (reference to the pic u posted), try taking without the 2x flashes. Use ambient white fluorescent lighting and play with the exposure (not shutter speed). Oh and change the focus setting to non-auto, non-point focus. If you are already on macro, I think you should be able to capture the entire casing in sharp focus, instead of the focus being on the crown (unless of course that's the intent lah hehehe). Oh and maintain probably 3-4 inch between lens and the watch... Sorry if I'm suggesting stuff that you already know
                                ok. next round will do what you suggest. these days tied up with work.

the focus was on the crown.

point taken.

aiya. no worries. share share.....wun know everything one....me still learning...

thanks for the tips.

kindly email with
                                2. your nick

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X