My 1st Tag Heuer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Andrew Tay
    ya lor...i am indeed a sua ku. what to do.....haha. what is wrong with owning a few watches?

i try to upload the pics in this thread....but was restricted by the file size.....so i have attached a link for my collection.

i bought my omega from hour glass for S$2345 in 2001. i got my panerai from cortina at raffles city (PAM 104) for S$7220. u want me to tell u how much i bought my rolexes? the rolex manual winding precision, my dad give me as a birthday present when i was in sec school. then i got my rolex datejust from my granddad when he passed away. my rolex day-date is given to me by my dad 5 yrs ago.

http://andrewtay.myphotoalbum.com/vi...umName=album01
    No..i didnt say there's anything wrong with owning a few watches,I also own a few wad...hahhaa...

Nice bark DD!

Sometimes forgotten, but always contactable. Darkangel (2007-2014)

Comment

thanks.

yup....the day-date is also quite an old watch....think at least 15 yrs. my old man told me he bought it for around 10k that time.

not sure what is the value now thou. when i sent my datejust to rolex centre for servicing....the lady saw my day-date and chit chat with me....then also ask me to sent in for servicing.....hehe. dun know how much it is going to cost. cos the datejust already cost 1k....change the face from gold colour to white face, plus servicing too.
      Aiyoh..the lady seduce seduce abit then u go n service. Hahha...it's gonna cost a bomb to maintain man. Any idea why must you change the gold face to a white face?

Comment

cos my day-date already gold face....so dun want to have the same colour for my datejust. the face itself cost 400 plus.
        Ohhh...ouch

Comment

Ur Rolex Day-Date Yellow Gold looks very towkay ... haha

Ur Rolex Date-Just Half Gold is very nice ... looks good with long sleeve shirt !

Which watch r u wearing daily ah ?

Comment

hi darkangel....

can i ask u something? how come u can attached a big file/pic while i cannot leh? i am limited by a file size of 99k for jpeg.

can advice?

andrew
            Ya man... i have the same problem. How to attach a "big image" with the message instead of of just thumbnails?
            Dream as if you'll live forever. Live as if you'll die today. -James Dean

Comment

Originally posted by minusplus View Post
              Ya man... i have the same problem. How to attach a "big image" with the message instead of of just thumbnails?
              hi darkangel....

can i ask u something? how come u can attached a big file/pic while i cannot leh? i am limited by a file size of 99k for jpeg.

can advice?

andrew
              No problem...

Just upload your images to www.photobucket.com

Then paste the IMG link here

Then...magic...big big pics

Comment

HI Andrew... nice Tag collection....

Have the same 6000 series as you.. its a pity they are obsolute now.

Desired horologes ...

- IWC Portuguese Automatic
                - GMT II
                - GMT IIc TT
                - Reverso Squadra Hometime (7008620)/ Reverso Squadra
                - Master Eight Days (1608420)
                - U1
                - IWC Aquatimer

An exquisite timepiece, brings timeless memories and precious moments...

Comment

hi there.

as for the 6000 series....i dun think i can get a good price....so will just keep it.

cheers.
                  bro, hw much did u pay for your 6000 series back then?
                  Submariner 16610

Submariner 16610LV

SeaDweller 16600

Explorer II Black Dial

Breitling Colt Automatic

Tudor Hydronaut II

Tag Heuer F1 Chrono(Orange)

SeaMaster 2253.80.00

Comment

ditto... Have it still in the blue circular case too. I did send my 6000 for servicing back in 2004.

I got my 6000 ard 1994/95.. Actually 3 to 6mths before getting this tag, I recalled my parents bringing me to THG at Raffles Hotel. I wanted the blue faced 6000 series... somehow the sales person convinced us to buy the Hublot.... A house brand of THG... Was alittle heavy hearted bcos in theory its better watch (according to the salesman) but I yearn for the 6000. Kana persuaded to buy the Hublot...
                    Couldn't sleep and regretted... managed to persuade my parents to get me the 6000 series 6 mths later... Both a reward for excelling in my poly exams. Hahhahaha...

I grow and learn to appreciate the Hublot ONLy after returning from Uni in 2000 when I started to work. I remember clearly I still have it in 2002. But somehow after I moved out from my parent's plc, I returned back to get more of my barang, only to find that it was missing. I suspect some low life Mother-F##### stole my watch from my room during one of the parties my younger brother held at my parent's plc. Unfortunately, I dunno how to trace it or report it as the Sales-person then did not write the serial number on the warranty card and my mum kept the receipt but its been years.. she either threw it or lost it... sigh...

From this experience, I've learned two things :
                    1) Make sure that s/n is written on the warranty card. If someone stole it or you lost it, at least you can report to the svc center and they can help you keep a look out for your watch.. (I heard that most branded watch svc ctr do)
                    2) Make sure you keep the receipt together with the watch.. I did that for the tag.. but not for the Hublot... Must be bcos I couldn't be bothered about it as I don't love the Hublot as mch as the Tag 6k...

Still hope that someday I will eventually recover my Hublot.. Anyone have any ideas???

p/s sorry for being so lor soh...
                    Last edited by jazz_samz; 14-12-07, 01:32 AM.

Desired horologes ...

- GMT II
                    - GMT IIc TT
                    - U1
                    - IWC Aquatimer

Comment

sorry for hearing your lost. about 5-6 years ago, hublot was relatively unknown.
                      if you have issues with your account, click here for self help and read forum rules here. 90% of your answers can be found in Forum FAQ

i DO NOT respond to any pm regarding account issues

kindly email with
                      1. subject heading indicating your issue
                      2. your nick
                      3. your corresponding email address
                      4. state what you were trying to do and what the system prevented you to do

if you receive no response in pm or email, it means your answers can be found in the Forum FAQ here

your kind understanding is very much appreciated.

disclaimer : all opinions expressed are personal

Comment

ya loh... my friend all ask.. "SI MI LAI EH??" What is WU BOH??
                        I recall I damn kek sim that I allowed the Salesman to persuade me to sway my purchase from a 6000series to a Hublot.. I dun think I mentioned that it was a GMT automatic. Oh well... Might as well focus on my potential gain than weep over my loss 5-6yrs ago.. Sub 16610 / 16613... here I come!!! hahah Good nite all..

Desired horologes ...

- GMT II
                        - GMT IIc TT
                        - U1
                        - IWC Aquatimer

Comment

Originally posted by jazz_samz View Post
                          ditto... Have it still in the blue circular case too. I did send my 6000 for servicing back in 2004.

I got my 6000 ard 1994/95.. Actually 3 to 6mths before getting this tag, I recalled my parents bringing me to THG at Raffles Hotel. I wanted the blue faced 6000 series... somehow the sales person convinced us to buy the Hublot.... A house brand of THG... Was alittle heavy hearted bcos in theory its better watch (according to the salesman) but I yearn for the 6000. Kana persuaded to buy the Hublot...
                          Couldn't sleep and regretted... managed to persuade my parents to get me the 6000 series 6 mths later... Both a reward for excelling in my poly exams. Hahhahaha...

I grow and learn to appreciate the Hublot ONLy after returning from Uni in 2000 when I started to work. I remember clearly I still have it in 2002. But somehow after I moved out from my parent's plc, I returned back to get more of my barang, only to find that it was missing. I suspect some low life Mother-F##### stole my watch from my room during one of the parties my younger brother held at my parent's plc. Unfortunately, I dunno how to trace it or report it as the Sales-person then did not write the serial number on the warranty card and my mum kept the receipt but its been years.. she either threw it or lost it... sigh...

From this experience, I've learned two things :
                          1) Make sure that s/n is written on the warranty card. If someone stole it or you lost it, at least you can report to the svc center and they can help you keep a look out for your watch.. (I heard that most branded watch svc ctr do)
                          2) Make sure you keep the receipt together with the watch.. I did that for the tag.. but not for the Hublot... Must be bcos I couldn't be bothered about it as I don't love the Hublot as mch as the Tag 6k...

Still hope that someday I will eventually recover my Hublot.. Anyone have any ideas???

p/s sorry for being so lor soh...
                          Oh my...I feel sad for you man. But relax..there's more new watches to come,let go of the old ones!
                          Originally posted by jazz_samz View Post
                          ya loh... my friend all ask.. "SI MI LAI EH??" What is WU BOH??
                          I recall I damn kek sim that I allowed the Salesman to persuade me to sway my purchase from a 6000series to a Hublot.. I dun think I mentioned that it was a GMT automatic. Oh well... Might as well focus on my potential gain than weep over my loss 5-6yrs ago.. Sub 16610 / 16613... here I come!!! hahah Good nite all..
                          Yeah man...I hope you get your sub soon

Comment

anyone want to buy my tag?

hw much u wanna sell?
                            Submariner 16610

Submariner 16610LV

SeaDweller 16600

Explorer II Black Dial

Breitling Colt Automatic

Tudor Hydronaut II

Tag Heuer F1 Chrono(Orange)

SeaMaster 2253.80.00

Comment

i am new to this forum.....i have a few Tag Heuer that i dun wear now cos i got it when i was younger and it was all boy size one....want to sell also no value.....sigh.

if i can remember....my first tag is a 3000 series quartz movement that i bought for 700 plus (not authorised dealer), then i bought a 6000 series auto for around 2k from all watches. and i have a sports elegance auto leather strap that i bought in Oz for 500 plus ( i give it to my younger sis) and a kirium. All tag more than 10 yrs old...some even close to 17 yrs already (3000 & 6000 series).

anyone want to buy my tag?
                              Bro....your collection damm ....good and strong.
                              Excellent !
                              Last edited by triton; 16-09-08, 09:46 PM.
                              --------------------------------------
                              Rolex Date Just Perpetual 16234
                              TAGHeuer 2000 Professional Exclusive
                              Longines LA GRANDE CLASSIQUE

--------------------------------------
                              WishList

Rolex Submariner 16610 LV
                              Rolex Sea-Dweller Deepsea

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile