No announcement yet.

mass gaining tips.?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Excuse me if my answer is elaborate. I've been into bodybuilding game for around 7 years. So here is what I think:

1. Calculate your maintenance calories

Maintenance calories indicate intake required to maintain your body weight. We have a BMI (Body Mass Index) device in gym here in India which calculates your maintenance calories based on your height, weight and age. Though not accurate it might provide a ballpark where to start.
    E.g. When I used that device, it gave my maintenance calories to be 1850. Now if I eat more than 1850 cal a day, I'm going to gain weight, if I consume less than I'm going to lose weight

2. Consume healthy calories

You may consume calories from protein, carbohydrates or fat. These are the macro-nutrients. If you consume all fat you might grow but you'll look puffy. If you intake too much of protein it might stress your kidneys to an extent. If you consume lots of carbohydrates, body will use them to fuel your daily activities (including workout) and remaining unused will be converted and stored as fat.

So it is ideal to maintain a ratio of each of these in your diet. It might look complex but its actually very easy because most of the food items now come with ratio of each of these nutrients.

3. Workout

Workouts can help you achieve your goals fast. Heavy or light it doesn't matter because muscles don't have eyes to see whether you're lifting heavy or light. (Note: please don't consider light as convenient. It means you are using moderate weights compared to your max lift capacity). Muscles react to intensity. The more the intensity more they are bound to grow. Increasing poundages in the most common technique for increasing intensity. But there are other techniques as well - to rest very less between exercises, doing two/three exercises in a row without taking rest, taking help from partners to continue lifting when you're exhausted etc.

4. Supplementation

Supplementation also aids in achieving your goals to gain or lose weight. PLEASE DON'T USE ANABOLIC STEROIDS OR PROHORMONES UNTIL YOU'VE REACHED YOUR GENETIC POTENTIAL TO GROW. You may start with protein powders. Then you can switch to post workout shakes (complete spectrum of protein, carbs and fats) or mass gainers (which mostly contain creatine) to grow. Some of the top brands are Optimum Nutrition, Gaspari, MHP, BSN, Controlled Labs etc. You cannot go wrong with products from these brands saying from my personal experience.

After around one year of normal supplementation you may take Natural Testosterone boosters etc. to increase your strength and muscularity.

Once you've reached your genetic potential to grow and after few years of consistent training, you may switch to anabolics or prohormones (which is not at all required because it is expensive and you may or may not keep gains, plus they may alter how your body functions) under guidance/supervision from a regular user or an expert.

This is what topped up my head, so this is all for now !!!!

Comment

Originally posted by eight.bone View Post
      anyone here care to share some tips on how to gain mass..been trying to gain weight but something isnt going right.? any tips, advice or products to share.?

thanks
      To gain mass try this mass gainer shake, my coach gave me this recipe to gain mass.
      2 scoops of protein powder, 2 scoops of milk powder, 1 tbs of cholesterol free peanut butter and 12 oz of cold water .Mix all ingredients well and enjoy your mass gainer shake!

Comment

Eating high calorie meals is probably the most important step in gaining mass. If you don't get enough to eat, you won't gain weight.

By: Chris Meraz Mar 07, 2002

Email More

Eat and I Mean Eat a lot
        Eating high calorie meals is probably the most important step in gaining mass. If you don't get enough to eat, you won't gain weight. You can't lift like a horse and eat like a bird and expect to gain weight it just doesn't work that way. That is why most bodybuilders eat four to six times per day to increase calories, protein, carbs., etc., and to increase the absorption of nutrients. You may even want to try drinking a protein shake in the middle of the night to encourage additional muscle growth.

Comment

Thanks for sharing.

Comment

Originally posted by eight.bone View Post
            anyone here care to share some tips on how to gain mass..been trying to gain weight but something isnt going right.? any tips, advice or products to share.?

thanks
            WHEY PROTEIN is the best !

Otherwise McDonalds is good... hhahahaha
            ROLEX.

Comment

I agree with Maverickm. Especially how excessive amounts of protien may have an effect on our kidneys. Best is to get a trainer to lead you along if you are new. The exercies alone if not performed correctly, will lead to numerous injuries. Golfer's elbows, Tennis elbows are just some common ones. Or a serious back injury in more extreme cases.

Comment

With all due respect to all the other posters here... One thing I've noticed is that a lot of the guys who wanna bulk don't really have a problem with eating and supplementation.

In a shopping and food "paradise" like SG, getting enough to eat isn't a problem... and neither is access to mass gainers. One of the biggest issues is lack of sleep. But that's not even what I'm going to address.

The biggest prob with the guys trying to gain bulk is that they are lifting wrong. I've chatted with and talked shop with a lot of diff guys at the gym or about working out and consistently I hear them complain they're not growing. Then I ask about the food and supplementation and they claim to be on it and eating well. Then when I ask about their routine, I realise their problem.

Oddly a lot of the guys are pulling 15 to 20 reps on weights that aren't challenging them. Oh they'll claim to be tired at the end of their 5th set but that's just wasting time. They don't seem to realise that that kind of workout only builds stamina but does nothing for bulk. And furthermore, when lifting light at so many reps, they'll be tired anyway by their 3rd or 4th set... then form goes out the window.

Bulk gainers should be lifting heavy and lifting short; heavy weight at 8 to 10 reps. How heavy is heavy? You should be struggling to hit the last rep on each set. At the end of the third set, you should be flat! If you can squeeze out a few more reps, you're not lifting heavy enough. Tis is all of course AFTER a few sets at a moderate weight to warm up.

Another thing that a lot of the guys don't do is compound movements; too many guys do isolation routines. Compound movements, especially whole body movements, enhance HGH production during REM sleep giving even better results. One great example is squats with a barbell. Isolations should be used as finishing sets or for squeezing out the last few drops of pain after you've finished your main workout.

Variations to the techniques would be supersetting, even as simply as hitting the floor and doing pushups between curling sets.

Form and weight. Not enough of both.

Just my 5 cents' worth. Cheers.
                SO MANY WATCHES, SO LITTLE TIME.

Comment

Eat 3 square meals and snack in between regularly. Sure gain weight, sleep after meal. Juz like the japanese sumo!

Comment

Bros, I need some advises here..I'm currently overweight and ill like to slim down and be more healthier coz now got a baby gal n wife need to take care lo..can u all recommend me any gym membership tat u all haf signed up n feel tat it's good to recommend me coz I'll like to sign up n work out more regularly..so far I'm looking at safra energyone, fitness first,pure fitness n California fitness..appreciate for all advices..

Comment

If you really wanna bulk, eat normally with a bit more protein, don't whack the chicken skin and fats like crazy...
                      Hit the gym, and use protein shake after working out...
                      Thats what I did, I gained from 58kg - 70kg, strength increase, but its time to cut soon...

Comment

Apart from protein powder may also consider creatine (retains water in muscle and produce energy for intense workout) and amino acid (buid up proteins) supplements to boost the effect of working out. Also note muscle is made up of 70% water, therefore it is very important to drink up plenty of water before, inbetween and after workout.

Weight gainer contains alot of protein, carbs and fats making it high in calories. These building block helps bulking up and calories supplus will result in weight gain... IMHO it can be a con as area of weight gain is often hard to control. I've seen some who take weight gainer and only focus on the shoulder and arms.... guess which area gain the most mass. LOL.

Another school of thoughts is that a balance diet have enough building block and supplement is often over rated. Supplement may have its side effect (either minor or major), excess consumption is definitely not recommended and always check the source of the supplement. Just sharing, happy working out

Comment

just buy some whey protein will do, you can buy from nutritionpark as they deliver to your house , then drink them before you work out will do .

Comment

Bro blueyesmurfy, you ate 20 eye white, how do you cooked it? or you ate it raw neh?

Comment

Originally posted by Benjamingoh View Post
                              just buy some whey protein will do, you can buy from nutritionpark as they deliver to your house , then drink them before you work out will do .
                              Not really only whey protein. Whey protein is good for pre and post workout as they are instant release and easily abosorb.

But for serious weight gain, casein protein (a slow release protein) will have better effect. Especially if taken with milk before bed. Our body repair muscle when we are at rest. Casein protein before bed also help avoid catabolic state during sleep. Cheers.

Comment

Actually one secret to looking like u have gain mass is to build your mirror muscle.

Just pump very heavy weights on your chest and biceps and shoulders and you will be looking good!

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X