X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• melfiz
    replied
    Originally posted by PJBerri View Post
    Friend, your training regime looks quite good. Would be a pity if no results.

How long have you been doing this? If not long, just keep it up.

Your diet, damn good! Keep it up.

Come to your training, 4 to 5 times a week is very impressive.

You should plan to train no more than 2 muscle groups during each workout (excluding abs). Each "big" muscle about 3-4 exercises. "Small" muscle about 2 exercise is enough.

Big muscles includes legs, chest and back. Small includes arms and calves. DON'T NEGLECT LEGS. No leg training, no nice body.

Do your cardio. Do it right after weights. This is the best time to "burn fat". No cardio, no fat loss for you.

There are other things I obviously cannot help at the forum. Things like your technique, form, breathing, etc. Hope you understand.
    have been training bout a year..but on n off..sometime stop about 3 to 4 weeks..mainly is either too tired aft work or lack of patience...

Due to work n schedule..now getting lesser time n sleep..most of de time only train one muscle group a day x3sets.

As for legs training is not reali possible fully train, unless in de gym.. cos only night time is free n tis hour gym is packed full of ppl..so might as well train at home..

De only parts hard to see is de abs..mainly cos of social need one to two drinkin session a week..and i know beer or liquor is no good for trainers..and another question is if my weight is under 140LB..do i need to take supplements to see visible results or gain mass? and do age affects metabolism or stamina as well..cause i find tat energy is not as peak as in my 20s..wat supplements can help?
    Last edited by melfiz; 13-07-08, 11:50 PM.

Leave a comment:

• PJBerri
    replied
    Originally posted by Darkangel View Post
    Me getting into shape also.........round shape hahaha

I dunno why sia...usually I eat eat eat...about 40-60% of my food...then dun eat already..dunno why feel very full

Bro, I rem reading you in poly yea? Getting round at young age is never good news.

Try to stop the problem before it blow out of proportion. Don't let the issue get out of hand ok? When you're young, it's very easy to get in shape.

Do some sports or hit the gym.

Leave a comment:

• PJBerri
    replied
    Originally posted by seiko.citizen View Post
    today went buffet...... eat first plate, second plate, third plate, rest abit, fourth plate, fifth plate, keep going until my parents abit scared then i eat dessert, rest again. eat somemore after talking and continue eating no wonder i cant lose weight
    My friend, would advise you to alter this buffet habit.

Never eat more than your share at one go. The body cannot absorb that much nutrients. Some nutrient goes out as sh*t, a lot gets stored (mostly at tummy) as fats.

Not good. Try to change it ok?

Leave a comment:

• wolfeyes1974
    replied
    Originally posted by wolfeyes1974 View Post
    i used to go to the neighbourhood gym, carred weights and also swimming...

now i stopped cos no kaki to go gym (i dun wanna pay $100+ for membership) and too lazy to pick it up again....i also stopped swimming because can't seems to help me lose weight (i'm 70kg now..used to be 80kg 6-8 months ago)...

now i only jog twice a week on weekend mornings....eat lesser carbo but still my eating habits are terrible...love oily and fatty foods...hahaaaa...luckily, weight still maintain....

cheers

james
    winding watches count as an exercise?? hahahaaaa

Leave a comment:

• PJBerri
    replied
    Hi all, I'm surprised at the reponses on this thread. SGROC is a very impressive forum, off-topic thread can get so hot.

A disclaimer from me.

Got to inform you guys that I'm just giving general theory and knowledge. No secret formula here.

Comes to results and such, everyone is different.

Also I'm only imparting the theory. Practical training is really up to you. Things like poor technique and ego problems can affect your results. Genetics is another factor we must consider.

Doesn't mean you read and memorise Kamasutra, you'll be the best in bed right? You will still need lots of practice.

There are things I can't elaborate or bring up because that may seem like I'm hardselling my services here. So guys please understand.

Leave a comment:

• wolfeyes1974
    replied
    i used to go to the neighbourhood gym, carred weights and also swimming...

now i stopped cos no kaki to go gym (i dun wanna pay $100+ for membership) and too lazy to pick it up again....i also stopped swimming because can't seems to help me lose weight (i'm 70kg now..used to be 80kg 6-8 months ago)...

now i only jog twice a week on weekend mornings....eat lesser carbo but still my eating habits are terrible...love oily and fatty foods...hahaaaa...luckily, weight still maintain....

cheers

james

Leave a comment:

• PJBerri
    replied
    Originally posted by melfiz View Post
    weight training of 3 sets/on 2 types of exercise for each part need to train..roughly bout 4 to 5 days per week..dun like cardio..and meal less carbo n less oil food consits of rice,tuna,skinless chicken breast,and fish..10 egg whites n cereal or cornflakes for everyday breakfast...and does age matters as well cos i in my mid 30s..?kindly give me an advice...
    Friend, your training regime looks quite good. Would be a pity if no results.

How long have you been doing this? If not long, just keep it up.

Your diet, damn good! Keep it up.

Come to your training, 4 to 5 times a week is very impressive.

You should plan to train no more than 2 muscle groups during each workout (excluding abs). Each "big" muscle about 3-4 exercises. "Small" muscle about 2 exercise is enough.

Big muscles includes legs, chest and back. Small includes arms and calves. DON'T NEGLECT LEGS. No leg training, no nice body.

Do your cardio. Do it right after weights. This is the best time to "burn fat". No cardio, no fat loss for you.

There are other things I obviously cannot help at the forum. Things like your technique, form, breathing, etc. Hope you understand.

Leave a comment:

• pam1938
    replied
    Originally posted by louisoh View Post

Tink besides taking in less carbo food ie, rice, noodle, etc... exercise is abit hard.. coz by the time i finish work, is like quite late.. tho usually on sundays, i play soccer..

Would joggin be good?
    Hey Louisoh,

Like you, when I finished work and started my run, it's usually pretty late liao. So now I switched to waking up earlier in the morning for my runs, sacrifice sleep abit but at least evening got more time to do other stuff.

Most if not all forms of exercise is good, but remember when you stop exercising, you will lose ALL the benefits of exercising.
    If you are running regularly and in increasing distance, you will need all those carbo to keep you going, but make sure you eat already must run hor!

Leave a comment:

• seiko.citizen
    replied
    Originally posted by pingpong View Post
    faint! you really can eat! as I get older my "performance" @ the buffet table declined greatly..

haha.. anyway lack of time is just one of the many excuses we all share.. need some inspirations? try this: http://joyriders.sg/
    there was a joke amongs my friends that said, if i go to buffet, they should charge family and not adult

yes, i can eat at the buffet and walk out feeling fine , but it is not good for health, since the body not designed like a camel

Leave a comment:

• pingpong
    replied
    faint! you really can eat! as I get older my "performance" @ the buffet table declined greatly..

haha.. anyway lack of time is just one of the many excuses we all share.. need some inspirations? try this: http://joyriders.sg/

Originally posted by seiko.citizen View Post
    today went buffet...... eat first plate, second plate, third plate, rest abit, fourth plate, fifth plate, keep going until my parents abit scared then i eat dessert, rest again. eat somemore after talking and continue eating no wonder i cant lose weight

Leave a comment:

• seiko.citizen
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Darkangel
    replied
    Me getting into shape also.........round shape hahaha

I dunno why sia...usually I eat eat eat...about 40-60% of my food...then dun eat already..dunno why feel very full

Leave a comment:

• melfiz
    replied
    Originally posted by PJBerri View Post
    What does your training consist? Mind listing it out?

What do you mean by "clean" diet? Tell me.
    weight training of 3 sets/on 2 types of exercise for each part need to train..roughly bout 4 to 5 days per week..dun like cardio..and meal less carbo n less oil food consits of rice,tuna,skinless chicken breast,and fish..10 egg whites n cereal or cornflakes for everyday breakfast...and does age matters as well cos i in my mid 30s..?kindly give me an advice...

Leave a comment:

• seiko.citizen
    replied
    i can understand your pain now heading out for buffet i forgot to add that i take buffet twice/mth

Leave a comment:

• louisoh
    replied
    Me trying to lose weight also... but knn.. mouth damn itchy..

Tink besides taking in less carbo food ie, rice, noodle, etc... exercise is abit hard.. coz by the time i finish work, is like quite late.. tho usually on sundays, i play soccer..

Would joggin be good?

Leave a comment:

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
Working...
X