Any avid divers?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by triton View Post
    i did wreck diving in manado, there are resident black tip inside. easily 3-6 of them. each about 1 metre long.
    nice to see many fellow divers here... friendly waters is nice to go with IMO as they have their own resort. and bar!

as for manado... i almost got into trouble there during a wall dive (leisurely EAN dive at the end of a trimix course) and a bubbly rip tide pulled me waaay down and i couldn't see which way was up and i one of my split fins were pulled off my foot.

to cut long story short... i ended up on the sea bed, found my other fin and a 2-foot long baby turtle saved my life. everyone surfaced at different places and i think it was the first time everyone used their lap cheongs on the same dive (everyone was DM-level and above)...

but i still enjoyed my manado trip and would love to have time to go back again to the soft black beach - i stayed at murex and highly recommend them as i had terrific service.

at the recent adex show i saw quite a few subs and SDs. i saw a young chap with a 1665, a coupla 5513s and a few DSSDs too!
    “Watches, no matter how much they cost, are better at telling time than making a person happy.” - Thomas J. Stanley

Comment

i was with barracuda
      if you have issues with your account, click here for self help and read forum rules here. 90% of your answers can be found in Forum FAQ

i DO NOT respond to any pm regarding account issues

kindly email with
      1. subject heading indicating your issue
      2. your nick
      3. your corresponding email address
      4. state what you were trying to do and what the system prevented you to do

if you receive no response in pm or email, it means your answers can be found in the Forum FAQ here

your kind understanding is very much appreciated.

disclaimer : all opinions expressed are personal

Comment

the recent divex was pretty disappointing, nothing new and not many good deals.

Comment

anyone interested in going a nearby dive trip to tioman in June?

Comment

anything interesting in tioman? if want to go, i need to service my regulators liao.

Originally posted by pirate View Post
            anyone interested in going a nearby dive trip to tioman in June?
            if you have issues with your account, click here for self help and read forum rules here. 90% of your answers can be found in Forum FAQ

i DO NOT respond to any pm regarding account issues

kindly email with
            1. subject heading indicating your issue
            2. your nick
            3. your corresponding email address
            4. state what you were trying to do and what the system prevented you to do

if you receive no response in pm or email, it means your answers can be found in the Forum FAQ here

your kind understanding is very much appreciated.

disclaimer : all opinions expressed are personal

Comment

i'd be happy to go on a trip anytime!

any DMs/AIs/Is here?
              “Watches, no matter how much they cost, are better at telling time than making a person happy.” - Thomas J. Stanley

Comment

i'll check with my friend on which particular site in tioman he is going so i know what marine life to expect.

Trip will be on the 1st weekend of june.

If not wrong is all in, $300+.

will get more details.

Comment

i'll check with my friend on which particular site in tioman he is going so i know what marine life to expect.
                  which dive shop is he with? or is this a DIY trip?

Comment

http://dive-hardytadpole.com/

His contacts are in his website.

Ask for Lester or Lloyd

Cheers,

Comment

http://dive-hardytadpole.com/

His contacts are in his website.

Ask for Lester or Lloyd
                      i forgot their names... but when hardy tadpoles first started years back, i think they had 2 SSI instructors who were also NDU regulars (?)... lester sounds familiar.

i saw one of them at the recent adex. i wonder if he's still in NDU!

Comment

That i am not sure also, as i did not see any of them at the recent expo. The expo nothing much to see too.

Comment

...The expo nothing much to see too.
                          next year DLT is coming to singapore to fight it out with adex... gonna be held a few weeks apart too.

hopefully it will be more interesting.

as an aside: is anyone interested in doing a rebreather course?

Comment

i headed up to pulau aur this weekend past. didn't enjoy myself - should have gone to tioman with simply scuba (4 boats!) instead.

saw an orange PO on a diver on the bus on the way to malaysia but it disappeared before the first dive.

Comment

anyone planning any trips before the season close in malaysia?

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X