Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• zacrophon
    replied
    Join us at marina barrage every Wednesdays for barefoot run!

Group size of 8-10

7pm

Pm for info!

Leave a comment:

• kennyleow
    replied
    Look for a pair that you like. run with it. There are many brands and models in the market. Once you have found the perfect pair, ship that 2nd pair onwards from Amazon. I had tried New Balance, 5 fingers and Newton. I'm currently running with Vivo Barefoot.

Leave a comment:

• WeiJie90
    replied
    I run in combat boots and land with the ball of my foot, not saying that barefoot running is bad, but in africa where the ground is soft and made of soil/hardened soil its ok, but on concrete, rocks and pavement... that may sting you...

Leave a comment:

• commandozx
    replied
    Originally posted by Rolex1977 View Post
    Hi bros,

Can anyone please share from where do you all usually buy your running shoes from? Queensway, peninsula hotel or ..?

Many thanks in advance.

Best regards,
    Rolex1977

buy online...its cheaper bro.............

Leave a comment:

• commandozx
    replied
    i bought the vibram at 50% offer... i think $50-60 only.. been using for years.. my 3 pair already.. its good... but u have to run correctly..

Leave a comment:

• Rolex1977
    replied
    Hi bros,

Can anyone please share from where do you all usually buy your running shoes from? Queensway, peninsula hotel or ..?

Many thanks in advance.

Best regards,
    Rolex1977

Leave a comment:

• chickenbackside
    replied
    It takes some time to get used to.

I bought my 1st pair of Vibram 5 fingers 2 years ago, and it took me 2 months to get used to landing on my forefoot. But before my body got used to it, I found I had muscles I never knew of in my foot, shins and calves.

Today, I don't run long distances any more, but I run 10 x 100m sprints twice a week. Totally barefoot on a rubberized track. Feels really good and definitely much faster than wearing thick cushiony jogging shoes.

Personally, I don't think it's safe to run long distances totally barefoot due to glass and sharp stones everywhere (I tried to run 5k many times totally barefoot at ECP). Every time, there was blood involved whether due to cuts or blisters. So the Vibram 5 fingers are the next best option as they feel closest to actual barefoot running.

Leave a comment:

• snip3r
    replied
    Scared on the floor got nails or broken glass.

Leave a comment:

• scage65
    replied
    its bad for the knees

Leave a comment:

• internetbuyer
    replied
    Saw many barefoot runners landing on heels, bad for the foot...

Leave a comment:

• Lancelot_Rol
    replied
    well...i cant really do barefoot...flat feet plus ankle sprained before...

Leave a comment:

• rockmon
    replied
    My estate got an old uncle who does barefoot running ..he look pretty healthy to me..so it might be true tat its good..

Leave a comment:

• Tycorama
    replied
    I would recommend reading "born to run" by Christopher mcdougall. It's a good read on barefoot running origins and benefits. It's based on a true story and a best seller.

Leave a comment:

• Psychost7770
    replied
    Have both shoes. Vibram really feels too raw for my liking. Newton is e best!!!!!

Leave a comment:

• TaVeLeR
    replied
    Got my pair of Vibram 2 years ago, at $219. now should be much cheaper.
    JB is selling pirated version , half singapore current retailing price. not sure how different it is , with the original.
    but my old Vibram is still going very strong, n durable.

Leave a comment:

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
Working...
X