Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• noobzpro
    replied
    yep. bought from stadium. its 139...for a vibram its a real steal...but i have to warn its really dam pain transitioning directly to it...u might wanna consider nike free run+ 2 which is a 5.0 before going right to a shoe glove..

Leave a comment:

• LaIn
    replied
    Originally posted by noobzpro View Post
    yes just talk about walking at home do not know if you notice it, you usually land on the front or mid foot.
    Noobzpro, where did you buy ur merrell vibram barefoot glove? Available in SG?

Leave a comment:

• Paneraii
    replied
    calf muscles ache means you 'got do work'. you work out well. keep it up!! don't stop. after awhile you will be used to it.

Leave a comment:

• noobzpro
    replied
    Originally posted by m33pok View Post
    would you land in mid-foot for walking and running barefooted?
    yes just talk about walking at home do not know if you notice it, you usually land on the front or mid foot.

Leave a comment:

• noobzpro
    replied
    Originally posted by kennyleow View Post
    hi boobzpro, I will encourage you to continue. I went through the same thing as you. For almost 2 weeks, my calf muscles were strained because heel strike doesn't require calf muscles. And to use mid-foot, you need certain speed, whereby the pace will naturally go into mid-foot strike.

It is something that the body is re-learning. It was lost, and now is back. Endure and everything will be fine. Mid-foot run is better and it maintains the stamina pretty well. When I first started, I wasn't able to run 2.4km at all. Now I can run 20km with bare-foot already.
    ok will definitely persevere..btw did u try the terra plana vivobarefoot evo??

Leave a comment:

• Oceanklassik
    replied
    Guys,

I have moved the thread to this folder which is more appropriate to your discussion.

Enjoy!

Leave a comment:

• m33pok
    replied
    would you land in mid-foot for walking and running barefooted?

Leave a comment:

• kennyleow
    replied
    hi boobzpro, I will encourage you to continue. I went through the same thing as you. For almost 2 weeks, my calf muscles were strained because heel strike doesn't require calf muscles. And to use mid-foot, you need certain speed, whereby the pace will naturally go into mid-foot strike.

It is something that the body is re-learning. It was lost, and now is back. Endure and everything will be fine. Mid-foot run is better and it maintains the stamina pretty well. When I first started, I wasn't able to run 2.4km at all. Now I can run 20km with bare-foot already.

Leave a comment:

• noobzpro
    replied
    I transitioned directly to 1.0 and I am feeling the pain ow....juz went for my first run in merrell vibram barefoot glove....during the run somehow though my stamina sucks...my body just kept going and was landing on mid and front...the moment I paced down the brick wall came in and it came hard on me....foot all blister calves and thigh pain but feeling very good about it. I think I might go get the Nike after all to train with first...

Leave a comment:

• kennyleow
    replied
    Barefoot running cannot be done using heel strike. The body will naturally use mid-foot. This is why when baby or toddler runs, they are using mid foot. However, once they wear shoes, you can observe they are like tip-toeing. This is the reason. They know how to run naturally. Once we give them hard shoes to run, they don't know how to run.

Leave a comment:

• Paneraii
    replied
    Originally posted by m33pok View Post
    as for the above, i think it is partially true or true for some.
    i saw people running barefooted but they still landed on their heels..
    can anyone confirm this?
    I think the Achilles tendon will gone case sooner than expected. Also, Meniscus in the knee will be gone too. Dont try. People who run barefoot with heel strike who get away with it are most likely been doing it since childhood and their body is acustomed to that. Unlike us who is given good shoes by our parents since baby. Actually barefoot walking is good for our heath

Leave a comment:

• kennyleow
    replied
    Barefoot running is good. I have been doing it for a long time now. Wearing the 5 fingers. Now my new balance is collecting dust. This is really injury free running.

Leave a comment:

• seiko.citizen
    replied
    if land on the heel, wont it be painful as hell?

Leave a comment:

• m33pok
    replied
    Originally posted by noobzpro View Post
    ok erm lets say we wear normal shoes and run...do u notice we tend to land our foot heel first as the shoe is made with lots of cushion? so mainyl u try running barefooted u notice we actually land front or mid first....think about it this way....caveman last time dont even use any shoes...our body was made to do stuff already....
    as for the above, i think it is partially true or true for some.
    i saw people running barefooted but they still landed on their heels..
    can anyone confirm this?

Leave a comment:

• noobzpro
    replied
    vibram five fingers are the ones...they are really good but i do not like things in between my toes feels very din teh...lolz so i went for the merrell which uses the base and sole made from the famous vibram five fingers....

Leave a comment:

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
Working...
X