• Show
Clear All

• nikond3
    replied
    Barefoot? Seriously painful man....

Leave a comment:

• alexbird
    replied
    BTW, if you intend to get Vibrams, do get them from The ShoeMart which is a US online websites. With VPOST shipping, it should cost about 100 - 120 bucks, much cheaper compared to buying local.

Leave a comment:

• alexbird
    replied
    I have been using minimalist shoes (vibrams and new balance zero) for the last 7 months. It is true that you need to start slowly cos your calves will hurt in the first 2-3 weeks. After that, it should be ok. The other thing you need to watch is the blisters that it would caused when you r breaking in the shoes.

Once you are hooked on the lightweight minimalist shoes, you will not want to run with normal cushioned shoes anymore.

Leave a comment:

• voxology
    replied
    I've fairly recently switched to minimal cushioning running shoes (New Balance zero)... running feedback is much better... but really makes ur calves very tired initially. I'm getting used to it now, and I think the best part of barefoot/minimal cushioning is the weightless feeling of running.

Leave a comment:

• hannhann00
    replied
    i've read that barefoot running is good but only for advanced runners,, (since most humans are so used to shoes they shouldn't go straight to barefoot as you can get injury)... Better to start with some shoes such as the Nike Free and work you way down to the less cushioned model (7.0 - 5.0 - 3.0) then as you progress you can eventually go barefoot (or five fingers)

Leave a comment:

• rabid
    replied
    i read this with interest.

as mentioned, running with thick shoes with inflexible soles made to cushion heel impact is unphysiological.
    from a biomechanical standpoint, the benefits on barefoot running are
    1) increased mid and forefoot involvement during the lift off - this strengthens the intirinsic muscles of the foot
    2) better distribution of impact during landing- this effectively takes the loading off the knees
    3) with the re-distribution during the stance phase, the centre of gravity is altered and the body is made to adopt a forward position during running, which improves momentum, thus the observation of barefoot running being less tiring after the initial re-adapation.

way to go guys

Leave a comment:

• LaIn
    replied
    I bought the trail glove. Now in testing period.

Leave a comment:

• noobzpro
    replied
    VFF can run up to 20km le. I waiting for vff speed sia lol. The merrell so far So good they have this anti odor thingy which really works. Very minimalist too. A lot place sold out the merrell I got mine from takashimaya outlet. But heard stocks were low. Another place can check is 313 there very big

Leave a comment:

• LaIn
    replied
    Originally posted by noobzpro View Post
    nope im not using the trail thats more for trekking im using the merrell true glove...currently almost whole foot blisters wifout using socks..btw bro u transitioning or wat to barefoot running??
    Actually i got VFF sprint already. Just that need something to run further.

Leave a comment:

• noobzpro
    replied
    Originally posted by LaIn View Post
    it is Trail glove? i went to Suntec and rail glove is selling for 159
    nope im not using the trail thats more for trekking im using the merrell true glove...currently almost whole foot blisters wifout using socks..btw bro u transitioning or wat to barefoot running??

Leave a comment:

• noobzpro
    replied
    all i noe is walk wif the shoes for about a week..i was actually planning go vibram five fingers but a frend told me to get nikes instead or its gonna hurt badly......haha when i saw vibram i too gian le now regret....just cant wait for my vivobarefoot to arrive...i am able to run wif the correct stride already but tend to get muscle ache after the run so yep progressing....but still feel like buying a nike free run+ 2 le....but i wan the nike id ones which sg dun have....coz i feel 5.0 too much i wan the 3.0

Leave a comment:

• kennyleow
    replied
    bro noobzpro, your experience with newton is so bad huh? I had a friend 2 weeks before marathon, transit to Newton and finish his marathon.

I guess different people will have different experience with the Newton. I won't swear by newton but I find the beginner shoe is quite good for a newbie to start. I'm just wondering when you bought the shoe, did anyone actually explain to you how to use the shoe and etc...?

I had not tried Nike, so can't comment. Should give it a try if people out there has a good comment over it. Whatever it is, barefoot running is not going to be easy for a start. We started to run like this, lost it along the way due to whatever reasons it maybe, and now we are back to the it again.

Leave a comment:

• LaIn
    replied
    Originally posted by noobzpro View Post
    yep. bought from stadium. its 139...for a vibram its a real steal...but i have to warn its really dam pain transitioning directly to it...u might wanna consider nike free run+ 2 which is a 5.0 before going right to a shoe glove..
    it is Trail glove? i went to Suntec and rail glove is selling for 159

Leave a comment:

• noobzpro
    replied
    wah i wanna say so many vulgarities le newton shoe sux!!!!!! bloody gimmick....its juz a shoe wif a higher front....tried em before and wasnt good at all still feel as supported as a normal shoe...the best transition so far still nike free series....

Leave a comment:

• kennyleow
    replied
    BTW, another easier way to transit to barefoot or mid-foot running is to run with newton shoes. They have different level of difficulties and you can start with the beginner shoe.

Leave a comment:

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
Working...
X