Golfing anyone ???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bro.. how's your game???
    What is your purpose to change the shaft??? That would be the first qns I think you should look at.

I jumped from a Graphite shaft to a steel shaft for my irons because
    1) The graphite shaft on the Maruman set (that I was selling here previously) was more for beginners to very high handicappers.. it was whippy for me and when I try to accelerate my down swing, I don't get consistency...
    2) Jumping to a R7 steel set NSPRO shaft, it was a better option for me and I achieve better control and longer distance as it could cope with higher acceleration of my down swing.

For irons, no point taking yr existing set and change the shaft... cos irons now a days are so much cheaper, you are off better getting a FULL NEW SET which have better technology, control than a set say even 2 yrs back...
    Like what wildswan said, its true that the gap between steel shaft irons and graphite shaft irons are closer.... With today's technology, you can probably get a Stiff graphite shaft (lighter than steel) and yet as closely rigid as a steel shaft.
    **psss... I hear the Burner irons are pretty sweet.. and price are reasonable too..
    I don't think I play that well enough (not a single handicapper) or frequent enough to warrant a fitter to look at all my irons... maybe only driver or woods... but if you are playing at a low handicap to achieving a pro level, then YES, go get fitted even for your irons

For driver then to me its a whole different storry. Getting a good shaft matters as most of the 'packaged' shaft are not the best on the market... and at that kind of swing speed and power you hit a driver or wood (> irons), then a better shaft to help you control your shot is rather necessary...

Just my 2cents worth bro...

Originally posted by Daytonalover View Post
    Hi all,

Just wanna check out the opinions of u guys regarding the differences between regular and stiff shafts. I was told to buy a stiff shaft by an AD, saying that since I m still young and have a fast downswing, i should use stiff shaft.
    Currently also using graphite shafts on my irons, thinking of changing it to steel shafts. Any idea how much will it cost in sg? For example, NS pro or similar kind.
    What are ur opinions?
    Thanks!

Desired horologes ...

- IWC Portuguese Automatic
    - GMT II
    - GMT IIc TT
    - Reverso Squadra Hometime (7008620)/ Reverso Squadra
    - Master Eight Days (1608420)
    - U1
    - IWC Aquatimer

An exquisite timepiece, brings timeless memories and precious moments...

Comment

• Thanks!

Comment

• Really impressed on u guys gving me so many advices...
        I wanna change to steel shaft cos i find graphite too whippy, like u mentioned...
        I dun belong to the low hadicapper side...just a person who treats golf seriously and wants to play well...I had attended a few coaching lessons... and my coach says that my swing looks great, but sometimes hit the ground instead of hitting on the sweet spot of the ball...But when i tried my friend's AP2 with steel shaft, I practically hit it very well and like it very much...His is custom made to him which i find ok for me too...
        As for burner irons, maybe not. If i really wanna change clubs, my choice will be AP2 as well...Still thinking about it...haha, if change the irons, everything got to change too...Market is bad, need to save money for rainy days...
        Thanks again...

Comment

• Hi everyone, follow this thread for a while and keen to join for one of your golf game. Suppose uncle lau here and some other regular golfers i can check with.
          I am a Singaporean based in Johor company for several years ...for work. Usually will return back to singapore over the weekend. I will love to join flight during any weekdays well as long as one or two days in advance notice will fix in my schedule. Mutual friends visit here for game and food too do always welcome. My contact can be reach @012-7203003. Thanks!

Steffan the golfer.
          Current:
          Panerai 275 J series
          Rolex GMT2C M series 116710
          Omega Seamaster Planet Ocean 2209.50.00
          Planning:
          Rolex Daytona WG 116509

Comment

• Hi Steffan,
            Welcome...welcome...Pls dun check with me cos I m also a Singaporean working in Sweden...Me too also haven't played a single game with them...Haha
            Happy golfing...

Comment

• 23 June Legend new course Palm

Halo everyone....did anyone miss me ?

Playing 23 June Legend, may have 4 flights.....hehe i need protection nowadays...too popular leow...

Please PM me if anyone wish to join us thank you !

23 June Legend

All are welcome !

Uncle Lau
              *** EMMANUEL***

Comment

• Thanks Daytonalover over the intro and greeting. Also Uncle Lau over your continual golf gathering, noted on your upcoming golf slot held in Legend (Kulai) and I'm on. Kindly update the time slot and meeting arrangement. Thanks and great job again. Btw, for all OCBC Tit & Platinum card holder who plays in Legend, they are running a promo with free green fees on your next visiting.
                Current:
                Panerai 275 J series
                Planning:
                Rolex Daytona WG 116509

Comment

• It's a pity that i can't join u guys!!!

Comment

• Opportunity ahead always, Daytonalover! So, you settle on your iron set? Otherwise, consider to put mizuno iron set in your list. Hear lots of positive feedback on those players who pick and play with miz iron. Personally, i have interests with new golf gear, titleiest creates great golf equipment especially with the earlier DCI series. The name has long assoicated with "Pro brand". Taylor made (design and market for the mass) later series such as burner plus and R7 are worth consideration too. With great forgiving and playability. Given to compare over testing and purchase, I still find singapore is the best place for it. Recent warehouse clearence held by Golf network, my friend settle a set of 08 burner iron w/NS shaft for only 700plus and they throw in a TM cart bag for free.
                    Current:
                    Panerai 275 J series
                    Planning:
                    Rolex Daytona WG 116509

Comment

• Bro DL....

went to check out the AP2 yesterday... wah its a beauty...... Tried the club (indoor range) and it seems pretty comfortable and solid feel upon impact...
                      QUICK GET THAT!!!!
                      Originally posted by Daytonalover View Post
                      Really impressed on u guys gving me so many advices...
                      I wanna change to steel shaft cos i find graphite too whippy, like u mentioned...
                      I dun belong to the low hadicapper side...just a person who treats golf seriously and wants to play well...I had attended a few coaching lessons... and my coach says that my swing looks great, but sometimes hit the ground instead of hitting on the sweet spot of the ball...But when i tried my friend's AP2 with steel shaft, I practically hit it very well and like it very much...His is custom made to him which i find ok for me too...
                      As for burner irons, maybe not. If i really wanna change clubs, my choice will be AP2 as well...Still thinking about it...haha, if change the irons, everything got to change too...Market is bad, need to save money for rainy days...
                      Thanks again...

Desired horologes ...

- GMT II
                      - GMT IIc TT
                      - U1
                      - IWC Aquatimer

Comment

• I m currently using a R7 iron set with graphite shaft, currently thinking of changing to Titleist AP2 with NS pro shafts...

Comment

• Ya...its a very nice club to play...But currently working in europe, unless if i buy it through ebay...if not, they will be quite ex...haiz...maybe use this for a year more before changing them...

Comment

• Legend Nice course....i will give a miss again this time due to overseas trip from 22-25 June.
                            AP Vulcano 42mm
                            AP Rubberclad 42mm
                            PAM Chrono 1000 ( 187 ) 47mm
                            PAM Power Reserve ( 090 D ) 44mm
                            PAM GMT ( 297 L ) 44mm
                            PAM Radiomir GMT ( 184 H ) 42mm
                            IWC Aquatimer Titanium split min 42 mm
                            Sinn U1 44mm ( 1000m )
                            Rolex Daytona WG 116519 40mm
                            Rolex GMT 16700 40mm
                            Rolex Oyster stainless 1501 34mm
                            Rolex Gold Pocket watch 40mm ( 1938 )
                            Ball Engineer Hydrocarbon 40mm
                            Tag Heuer Professional white face 38mm

Comment

• Legend GC- Palmer & Water course on 23 June

Great game and food organised by our uncle Lau again!! Total of 4 flights with good mix of golfers... from the "masters", "Am-Pro" down to the junior golfer with youngest age 14 playing HI of 10plus!!!
                              As abt the course, Palmer being new has irregularity green speed and according to caddie is due for maintenience soon. Water course deliver great green and fairway. Should check out the hill course endorse with the course signature hole oversee the river and the great fairway that cant give a miss.
                              It been my first meet with Uncle Lau giving alot of great sharing and update on "hands" and "minutes". Never miss the roc forum topices. Thanks again for the game and look forward to your next golf slot!!!!
                              Current:
                              Panerai 275 J series
                              Planning:
                              Rolex Daytona WG 116509

Comment

• Lai lai. Dclare yr and Uncle Lau score leh. Hahahha

Desired horologes ...

- GMT II
                                - GMT IIc TT
                                - U1
                                - IWC Aquatimer

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X