Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

30 dec no go as final year end push...

Originally posted by UncleLau View Post
    Welcome bro !!! Got time to join us for a game ? 30th Dec. JB ?

Comment

Happy New Year to all the watch collector and golfer .

Salute to Uncle Lau to gather all of us
      AP Vulcano 42mm
      AP Rubberclad 42mm
      PAM Chrono 1000 ( 187 ) 47mm
      PAM Power Reserve ( 090 D ) 44mm
      PAM GMT ( 297 L ) 44mm
      PAM Radiomir GMT ( 184 H ) 42mm
      IWC Aquatimer Titanium split min 42 mm
      Sinn U1 44mm ( 1000m )
      Rolex Daytona WG 116519 40mm
      Rolex GMT 16700 40mm
      Rolex Oyster stainless 1501 34mm
      Rolex Gold Pocket watch 40mm ( 1938 )
      Ball Engineer Hydrocarbon 40mm
      Tag Heuer Professional white face 38mm

Comment

Originally posted by fabulous View Post
        Happy New Year to all the watch collector and golfer .

Salute to Uncle Lau to gather all of us
        You are welcome bro !
        It my pleasure to arrange a game for members of this friendly forum.
        Hope to have a game with you real soon bro !
        God Bless !

*** EMMANUEL***

Comment

Golfers jokes part 2

I know i am not improving as a golfer should WHEN :-

4) I was searching for my banana ball which i just hit into the woods and found MY ball.......i lost last Tuesday...

5) When i starts play badly with double bogey or double PAR, my kakis took out their Kevlar vest and wear it.....

6) On my down swing, my mobile phone rings, and i hit my best shot of the YEAR....

*** EMMANUEL***

Comment

i am keen in learning golf...golf experts out there...anyone with lobang on where i can learn? thanks

Comment

Not golf expert here.

You can sign up for a PC course to learn the basics. After you have obtained your PC, the rest is up to you.

However, do chose your PC instructor very carefully. I had to go through a second PC corrective session with another instructor to "correct" the mistakes learned under the previous instructor.

Have fun and welcome to the poison club. (or do i mean irons = clubs!)
              My humble keepsakes:
              1) Submariner 14060
              2) Submariner 14060M
              3) Sea Dweller 16600
              4) Explorer II 16570 (Polar)
              5) Azimuth JagdBomber
              6) Azimuth Bombardier I,II,III, IV & V
              7) Azimuth 55mm B-hur Original Luftwaffe Specification Limited Edition
              8) Seiko Samurai Ti (Black)
              9) Panerai Black Seal
              10) IWC Big Pilot (5004)
              11) IWX Mark XIV

Comment

I started learning golf since I was 15yrs old. Frankly, anybody who told you that golf can be taught by your friends / mates or a person who is a single handicapper are honestly rubbish talk. No offence.

WHen I was 15yrs old, I was taught the stance, swing etc by a 8 handicapper in 1990. Although I never took it more seriously untill 2000, I merely accompany my dad whenever he goes range.
                In 2003, when I joined the work force, went to play with a couple of my colleagues and managers. I sucked by hitting 130s... they were worst, they hit 150s!! All self taught or by friends.. maybe I had more practice in terms of years.. Only my AM stood out...
                I decided to go seek a pro who taught him, talk to him and then assess if he is suitable. (I've also tried talking and seeking local pros.. they pale in comparison to whom I settled for eventually).
                Having a professional coach WILL train you the fundamentals and with that, the amount of time you practice (which is paramount) would equate to how much you improve. Comparing a person who learned golf via a pro vs a friend (regardless how good he is) are:
                - you have the basic set of fundamentals on how you stand, swing and your posture which would give you maximum stability in approaching a shot.
                - in an event you have a persistent mistake, going back to the fundamentals will definitely help you correct your errors. A friend will only give his 2cents worth which I will totally throw out of the window.

Many of my friends who are taught by friends can never improve, never be consistent and never able to correct themselves as there are no basic set of fundamentals to guide them. The worst justice you can do to yourself is to try to learn and hope to get better by going to the green more often. When bad habits settle in your swing, it would take a bigger effort to change it. Frankly, I know this is true....
                With the amount spent on golf balls at range and greens, you are better off learning a 10 lesson package for the fundamentals and improve alot faster than you learning from a friend (FOC) and going range 10 times a week.

My humble opinion... hope it helps.

p/s if you are keen to learn, PM me for my coach contact...

One more thing.. Like I've told Uncle Lau, I haven't played since July or even range, I just played on Boxing day and I am still brillantly happy with my score. Bcos I fall back on my fundamentals..

Desired horologes ...

- IWC Portuguese Automatic
                - GMT II
                - GMT IIc TT
                - Reverso Squadra Hometime (7008620)/ Reverso Squadra
                - Master Eight Days (1608420)
                - U1
                - IWC Aquatimer

An exquisite timepiece, brings timeless memories and precious moments...

Comment

Oh ya.. dun settle for a lesson that has 10 lessons and 10 students... a waste of time..

Another point to look out for in a coach... if the person trains you over 2 to 3 session with how you are already swinging your club, then you have just wasted your $$ on this coach.

Desired horologes ...

- IWC Portuguese Automatic
                  - GMT II
                  - GMT IIc TT
                  - Reverso Squadra Hometime (7008620)/ Reverso Squadra
                  - Master Eight Days (1608420)
                  - U1
                  - IWC Aquatimer

An exquisite timepiece, brings timeless memories and precious moments...

Comment

Originally posted by foofam77 View Post
                    i am keen in learning golf...golf experts out there...anyone with lobang on where i can learn? thanks
                    Welcome bro ! Yes like bro jazz_samz said is true, don't let your friends teach you. Get a good coach and have private lesson with him.
                    Hey i could lend you my golf clubs ( irons and woods ) for you to practice first hehe once you are good enough than get a better one lor.
                    Don't wear your rollie or Tag to play golf.....

Enjoy !!!
                    *** EMMANUEL***

Comment

• Uncle where to find Rolex president with day n date second hand? what is the second hand price roughly? any shop u recommend?
                      AP Vulcano 42mm
                      AP Rubberclad 42mm
                      PAM Chrono 1000 ( 187 ) 47mm
                      PAM Power Reserve ( 090 D ) 44mm
                      PAM GMT ( 297 L ) 44mm
                      PAM Radiomir GMT ( 184 H ) 42mm
                      IWC Aquatimer Titanium split min 42 mm
                      Sinn U1 44mm ( 1000m )
                      Rolex Daytona WG 116519 40mm
                      Rolex GMT 16700 40mm
                      Rolex Oyster stainless 1501 34mm
                      Rolex Gold Pocket watch 40mm ( 1938 )
                      Ball Engineer Hydrocarbon 40mm
                      Tag Heuer Professional white face 38mm

Comment

• Originally posted by fabulous View Post
                        Uncle where to find Rolex president with day n date second hand? what is the second hand price roughly? any shop u recommend?
                        Wahlau bro ! you ask me what wedge to get ball out of super think rough i think i can help but i can't help or even dare to answer you " Buy Rolex President " question keke I only fall in love with Rollie.....very sorry bro.

Please post your question on the Rolex in General forum, i know alot of bros will advice you, and it really good tips !!!
                        If you go and kapo your new Rolex President, please sms me along Boleh ?

Thanks and Good Luck !!!
                        *** EMMANUEL***

Comment

• Roll call !!!

Hello bros and sisters ! January 13th and 20th morning, planning JB or NSRCC golf outing.....if you are free please PM me for a game !

Happy Golfing !

*** EMMANUEL***

Comment

• Hi !!! Have gather a list of golfers in this forum Anyone can PM or post on this thread if you are keen to organise a game or two. Everybody is welcome !!!!

1) Jazz_samz
                            2) Andrew Tay
                            3) Lucas How
                            4) Nooch
                            5) Daytonalover
                            6) LimTH
                            7) fabulous
                            8) acheckmate
                            9) panerai7776
                            10) redsub
                            11) philinves
                            12) The One
                            13) antibullsheeter
                            14) khorkar
                            15) wildswan
                            16) mickey
                            17) UncleLau

Please add yourself into this friendly thread if any bros and sisters are keen to join us

Thank u Unclelau for adding me in ur golfers member...But u gotta wait for me ya?

Comment

• Looking forward to your home coming !

Sure bro daytonalover ! Once you are back, you must climatise to local weather. Nowadays Singapore and Johore Bahru is abit weird with sunshire in the morning, afternoon rain, warm in the evening.......

Meantime enjoy tour of duty in Sweden, play golf and maybe find a Swedes girlfriend like Tiger Woods !!! YUM YUM

Take Care bro and God Bless !
                              *** EMMANUEL***

Comment

• But it's too cold to play golf now, gotto wait for the winter to be over! Will train hard when spring arrives in order to play with all the low handicappers here...hahaha...
                                As for Swedish girlfriend, ermmmmm... dun think so!
                                Take care bro!

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X