Nav Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse

Nav Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Alert! Your watch sale threads might also be on another forum w/o your authorization!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Strangely, I don't see any ID, but I do see posts of my Omega Planet Ocean, Uboats and Anonimos sold off already but the threads are not closed yet.

Originally posted by lefty View Post
    What's the ID of the person posting YOUR watch over at that site?

I'm popping over to take a look.
    Sweet 16:
    PP Aquanaut
    VC Overseas
    AP ROO Black Themes
    A.Lange & Sohne 1815
    Breguet Type XXI
    Blancpain 50 Fathoms
    JLC Navy Seals
    GO Senator 60s
    GP Laureato
    Zenith Pilot Extra Special
    Rolex DSSD
    IWC Big Pilot
    Pam 112
    Omega Ploprof
    Breitling Super Avenger
    Glycine F104

Comment

besides

toffeesthings
      deslene
      Tricolore

who else have encountered before?
      if you have issues with your account, click here for self help and read forum rules here. 90% of your answers can be found in Forum FAQ

i DO NOT respond to any pm regarding account issues

kindly email with
      1. subject heading indicating your issue
      2. your nick
      3. your corresponding email address
      4. state what you were trying to do and what the system prevented you to do

if you receive no response in pm or email, it means your answers can be found in the Forum FAQ here

your kind understanding is very much appreciated.

disclaimer : all opinions expressed are personal

Comment

if one is to look @ how the ad is being posted, it is done via back-end.

it looks like they have a standard template and with the relevant fields to be filled in. then they just copy content and paste it over.

my suggestion is that should any user want to protect your images posted up, you should @ watermark with a 2 liner on the watch or across the picture to prevent other people from using your pictures in other forums.

for example

toffeesthings
        sg-roc.

Originally posted by lefty View Post
        What's the ID of the person posting YOUR watch over at that site?

I'm popping over to take a look.
        Originally posted by toffeesthings View Post
        Strangely, I don't see any ID, but I do see posts of my Omega Planet Ocean, Uboats and Anonimos sold off already but the threads are not closed yet.
        if you have issues with your account, click here for self help and read forum rules here. 90% of your answers can be found in Forum FAQ

kindly email with
        2. your nick

if you receive no response in pm or email, it means your answers can be found in the Forum FAQ here

Comment

Yes, Bro Triton,
          I also see other sg roc members items for sale there as well and nothing is listed as sold; this really is bordering on the ridiculous.
          Can imagine the vast number of other bros & sis on this forum being hounding daily by queries of items already sold!

And being hounded about sold items is one thing, its getting strange questions.
          In fact, this past few months, I've been receiving strange enquiries from potential buyers who are really clueless about watches.
          I recall exchanging over 50 text messages with this one chap who wanted to trade his motorbike for my Bell & Ross!

Originally posted by triton View Post
          this has happened before to one of our administration staff. wait for the member to post personal views.

their modus operandi is to copy contents from SG-ROC site and paste it over @ their respective forums, so it may not be just your watch for sale but also other items as well.
          Sweet 16:
          PP Aquanaut
          VC Overseas
          AP ROO Black Themes
          A.Lange & Sohne 1815
          Breguet Type XXI
          Blancpain 50 Fathoms
          JLC Navy Seals
          GO Senator 60s
          GP Laureato
          Rolex DSSD
          IWC Big Pilot
          Pam 112
          Omega Ploprof
          Breitling Super Avenger
          Glycine F104

Comment

Hey Triton,
            Thanks for the explanation and advice! Indeed, it would be good to know how many other bros have been affected. I also see posts of other familiar bros of this forum on sgwatchmall...

if one is to look @ how the ad is being posted, it is done via back-end.

it looks like they have a standard template and with the relevant fields to be filled in. then they just copy content and paste it over.

my suggestion is that should any user want to protect your images posted up, you should @ watermark with a 2 liner on the watch or across the picture to prevent other people from using your pictures in other forums.

for example

toffeesthings
            sg-roc.
            Sweet 16:
            PP Aquanaut
            VC Overseas
            AP ROO Black Themes
            A.Lange & Sohne 1815
            Breguet Type XXI
            Blancpain 50 Fathoms
            JLC Navy Seals
            GO Senator 60s
            GP Laureato
            Rolex DSSD
            IWC Big Pilot
            Pam 112
            Omega Ploprof
            Breitling Super Avenger
            Glycine F104

Comment

I had came across this site long ago but was long forgetten. But few days ago, I received this message from them "<ADV>SGWatchMall.com will like to thank everyone for the kind support. We are now Singapore Top Watch Trading Hub. Feel free post your watches with us ! Unsub"

Self declared "Singapore top watch trading hub" by copy and paste from other sg forum? Again PUI. Haha.

I suddenly recall I dun have any account with them and yet I received this message? Weird? Anyway out of curiosity I still created an account after I received the message.

And Finally I understand why I keep getting SMSes from buyers enquiring the watch that had been indicated sold in sgroc or ***!

Comment

Wah lau, I wonder how many other bros kena 'harrased' because of their actions already. I mean, I wouldn't mind any promotion for my watch sales and I'm sure their explanation is that they're doing us sellers on Sg Roc a favor.
                But for goodness sake, close the thread when our pieces are sold. Why can't they clone that too???

Originally posted by Zhi_Peng View Post
                I had came across this site long ago but was long forgetten. But few days ago, I received this message from them "<ADV>SGWatchMall.com will like to thank everyone for the kind support. We are now Singapore Top Watch Trading Hub. Feel free post your watches with us ! Unsub"

Self declared "Singapore top watch trading hub" by copy and paste from other sg forum? Again PUI. Haha.

I suddenly recall I dun have any account with them and yet I received this message? Weird? Anyway out of curiosity I still created an account after I received the message.

And Finally I understand why I keep getting SMSes from buyers enquiring the watch that had been indicated sold in sgroc or ***!
                Sweet 16:
                PP Aquanaut
                VC Overseas
                AP ROO Black Themes
                A.Lange & Sohne 1815
                Breguet Type XXI
                Blancpain 50 Fathoms
                JLC Navy Seals
                GO Senator 60s
                GP Laureato
                Rolex DSSD
                IWC Big Pilot
                Pam 112
                Omega Ploprof
                Breitling Super Avenger
                Glycine F104

Comment

if any of your post contain email address it will be copied

Originally posted by Zhi_Peng View Post

kindly email with
                  2. your nick

Comment

if the content are copied and paste, if there are 100 threads, do you think they got time to follow and update?

Originally posted by toffeesthings View Post
                    Wah lau, I wonder how many other bros kena 'harrased' because of their actions already. I mean, I wouldn't mind any promotion for my watch sales and I'm sure their explanation is that they're doing us sellers on Sg Roc a favor.
                    But for goodness sake, close the thread when our pieces are sold. Why can't they clone that too???

kindly email with
                    2. your nick

Comment

Ah, I know that they don't have the time to do so, I was just being rhetorically sarcastic to their actions.
                      But this begs the question, if they can't follow up and update, then why copy and paste content from other forums?
                      And if they know there will eventually be complains that ruin their already fragile reputation that will piss people off, vowing never to use their services ever again, why clone in the first place?!
                      Doesn't make business sense, that's like taking a step forward and two steps back.

Now I'm curious to know who are the brainiacs behind sgwatchmall...

if the content are copied and paste, if there are 100 threads, do you think they got time to follow and update?
                      Sweet 16:
                      PP Aquanaut
                      VC Overseas
                      AP ROO Black Themes
                      A.Lange & Sohne 1815
                      Breguet Type XXI
                      Blancpain 50 Fathoms
                      JLC Navy Seals
                      GO Senator 60s
                      GP Laureato
                      Rolex DSSD
                      IWC Big Pilot
                      Pam 112
                      Omega Ploprof
                      Breitling Super Avenger
                      Glycine F104

Comment

This has happened to me before, many months ago. They copied and pasted my thread contents,picture and my contact details from their affiliated forum which I posted in. They posted up an announcement on their main site to direct members over to the new site and when I got to the new site, I got a shock to see my details,pictures and everything there without my permission and posted up by their admin.

I brought up by posting a reply in the announcement. They deleted my post and sent me a PM to ask me which was the item involved, removed it and did nothing, while I was pissed I thought I didn't want to waste effort making more noise because, seriously...I cannot do anything.

Let's just make it simple, they are a new site trying to beef up their foundation by copying and pasting from everywhere. It's artificial and very fake, I know they cannot make it in the long run if they continue because the member base isn't there but they want to create the image that it is, even if they do make it, it wouldn't look good on them if someone digged up the information which is not difficult to. Either way, it's a mistake from the very beginning for them, which was the main reason why I didn't bother to pursue the matter.

But...they have crossed the line when they are leeching on SGROC as a whole and not just individual members. SG-ROC will communicate with them to resolve this matter.

SGROC wasn't built in a day, we are what we are because we have a strong foundation built strength to strength through every member. Thank you for supporting us.

Sometimes forgotten, but always contactable. Darkangel (2007-2014)

Comment

found it. wont be contacting you.

there is no connection. will contact you regards to how you got to the information.
                          Originally posted by TanWL View Post
                          When I did a google search for sgwatchmall I saw these in their description "sg roc". Is there a connection?

Singapore Watch Mall | A Member of TheSGMall.com

www.sgwatchmall.com/

Singapore Watch Forum Classified,Rolex Singapore,
                          sg roc,Singapore Rolex, Honest,Reliable,Panerai,Audemars Piguet Watch. The one stop location to buy, ...

kindly email with
                          2. your nick

Comment

besides

toffeesthings
                            deslene
                            Tricolore
                            Zhi_Peng

who else have encountered before?

kindly email with
                            2. your nick

Comment

Thanks for sharing Darkie,
                              You will have our certainly do have our support.
                              So, despite your alterting them to what they have done, they act blur, didn't apologize and persisted in their inconsiderate actions...

Originally posted by Darkangel View Post
                              This has happened to me before, many months ago. They copied and pasted my thread contents,picture and my contact details from their affiliated forum which I posted in. They posted up an announcement on their main site to direct members over to the new site and when I got to the new site, I got a shock to see my details,pictures and everything there without my permission and posted up by their admin.

I brought up by posting a reply in the announcement. They deleted my post and sent me a PM to ask me which was the item involved, removed it and did nothing, while I was pissed I thought I didn't want to waste effort making more noise because, seriously...I cannot do anything.

Let's just make it simple, they are a new site trying to beef up their foundation by copying and pasting from everywhere. It's artificial and very fake, I know they cannot make it in the long run if they continue because the member base isn't there but they want to create the image that it is, even if they do make it, it wouldn't look good on them if someone digged up the information which is not difficult to. Either way, it's a mistake from the very beginning for them, which was the main reason why I didn't bother to pursue the matter.

But...they have crossed the line when they are leeching on SGROC as a whole and not just individual members. SG-ROC will communicate with them to resolve this matter.

SGROC wasn't built in a day, we are what we are because we have a strong foundation built strength to strength through every member. Thank you for supporting us.
                              Sweet 16:
                              PP Aquanaut
                              VC Overseas
                              AP ROO Black Themes
                              A.Lange & Sohne 1815
                              Breguet Type XXI
                              Blancpain 50 Fathoms
                              JLC Navy Seals
                              GO Senator 60s
                              GP Laureato
                              Rolex DSSD
                              IWC Big Pilot
                              Pam 112
                              Omega Ploprof
                              Breitling Super Avenger
                              Glycine F104

Comment

I'm sure ALL members who post adverts kenna the same thing.
                                "Time flies like an arrow. Fruit flies like a banana."
                                --Groucho Marx--

*For faster response, pls direct all questions to my email: destro22bt@gmail.com thanks!

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X