Should I be flattered or.........

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by pegasi View Post
    Valid point, James. At least it makes me rethink my position in this issue. I am not sure if I stood up because of "supportive" of OEMs.

I think I stood up to support a friend, who livelihood is threaten.

And yes I do at times buy homage or copied products, or whatever you may call them.

Great stuff that you're supporting a friend! : ) I would love to have you as a friend.

A product is usually developed with some purpose in mind:

1. replace current product
    2. introduce a better version
    3. provide cheaper alternatives to consumers

Everyone has families to feed, a reality, for good or worse. I guess we can't comment on watch r/ten10 financial situations which is pointless in this discussion anyway. Personally, i don't think TC should feel either flattered or upset...It's all part of being an entrepreneur/business with such risks associated from competition. If the need is to clarify the originality of the advertised product, it can be done via phone/facebook between the 2 parties.
    I can resist anything but temptation. - Oscar Wilde

Current collection
    A.Lange & Sohne Grand Langematik
    Audemars Piguet ROO
    Blancpain Fifty Fathoms (Dark Knight)
    De Bethune Titan Hawk (DB27)
    Habring2 Pilot Time Date
    Harry Winston Midnight Big Date
    Hublot Aerobang Skeleton
    IWC Portuguese Perpetual Calendar
    Panerai 270
    Patek Philippe 5711/1a
    Rolex 116610LV
    Vacheron Constantin Overseas

Comment

respect to you wolfeyes1974 ! thats how a mod should have step in rather then taking sides with TS over this matter . causing a member to remove sales thread and another being ban .
      and those who stood up to support a 'friend' , i dont see how his livelihood is being threaten since he selling it as limited edition and there's only that amount of boxes he have . and those who spit on copycats ,counterfeits , 山寨edition .... take a step back and look at what TS is doing fulltime as wolfeyes1974 mention , they are general consumer products ... back TS up when he INVENT something he can call his own .
      that being said , lastly TS is not a damsel in distress , so warriors can put away their weapons and let TS do his own fight , its HIS reputation NOT anyone elses he gotta protect on his OWN .

Comment

Originally posted by wolfeyes1974 View Post
        Like i mentioned - i'm not referring to those that pammy OEM can't provide hence they're considered exceptions (their quality may/may not be better and i'm not questioning about their quality here). undeniably, there're also a lot of similar pammy lookalike straps around which members bought..there're also a lot of pammy-alike buckles for example? While i've heard of some of the names of the strapmakers that you've mentioned here, i'm not entirely familiar with their product lines/variations because i've never bought any non-oem straps. i hope i don't sound snobbish but it's just me that i prefer everything original and doesn't mind paying a bit more. You know, it's like if you own a car then don't fret over ERP charges, parking fees and etc because it's all part of onwership.

I'm not referring to the "technicalities" or subtle differences here - comparison on what some of the aftermarket straps vs OEM - but the principle of supporting OEM as stated in your post because supporting similar looking non-oem/copy cats is considered primitive and daylight robbery. While i understand your position and strong conviction against copycats but yet i feel we should all look at our own behaviours and be responsible for our word/actions before pointing fingers (this is not directed to you). Why do we only support ten10's products but have a different standard when it comes to other things?

Supporting ten10 because it's his livelihood and we know him is very commendable but in reality it's unfortunate that his products are subject to copying because they're general consumer products (not proprietary technology). And consumers will go for a watch box that meets basic function and at the most reasonable price or affordability. Yes i would buy a watch box from ten10 but i'll also open myself to options that provide the same functionality, offers similar quality and perhaps at a cheaper price? Everyone consider different factors when it comes to a purchase.

I'm not perfect and i don't support piracy. i buy pirated dvds and download songs for my iphone but other than that i make it a point to buy original stuff as much as possible. doing my little bits.

i just feel that there's no need for words war and hoohaa about this because i didn't see many sales thread from Watch R selling a lot of these watch boxes (merely one because like he explained that's because his friend didn't want it anymore). Perhaps this could have been easily clarified through phone/facebook since TC already know who's the person who posted this watch for sale in the first place? Sueing here or there, irresponsible words, harsh tones, any form of intimidation is totally unnecessary.

i look forward to a friendlier forum where information/threads serves to help members understand more about watches and cultivate friendships.

cheers
        Best post in this thread so far
        Watches are like potato chips - You never stop at one

Never political, seldom diplomatic, always honest

Comment

After read up 7 pages long.... You have my respect.... wolfeyes bro....

Comment

Originally posted by nimm12
            thanks for clarifying

nothing snobbish in getting all original - just personnel preference
            but seriosuly you should try some of these aftermarket straps - they rock!
            eg tedsu ammo, kaktus drifter, dirk sharkie, d9 ammo, GSD crazy horse - these are cult status!

about friendship - i have added you as friend
            Thank you my friend! : )
            I can resist anything but temptation. - Oscar Wilde

Current collection
            A.Lange & Sohne Grand Langematik
            Audemars Piguet ROO
            Blancpain Fifty Fathoms (Dark Knight)
            De Bethune Titan Hawk (DB27)
            Habring2 Pilot Time Date
            Harry Winston Midnight Big Date
            Hublot Aerobang Skeleton
            IWC Portuguese Perpetual Calendar
            Panerai 270
            Patek Philippe 5711/1a
            Rolex 116610LV
            Vacheron Constantin Overseas

Comment

Originally posted by pegasi View Post
              Best post in this thread so far
              No wonder u missed out on the sawtooth I bought.....

Dun say I never tell u..... There's an orange dial up for sale at seiko garage! Dun miss!
              I'm in bad company........

Comment

Originally posted by t28 View Post
                No wonder u missed out on the sawtooth I bought.....

Dun say I never tell u..... There's an orange dial up for sale at seiko garage! Dun miss!
                Haha..couldn't help giving a 赞 to an unbiased view that doesn't point finger and ends with a positive note.

Ok I go see see..pardon us for the OT..you guys please carry on
                Last edited by pegasi; 24-07-13, 07:12 PM.
                Watches are like potato chips - You never stop at one

Never political, seldom diplomatic, always honest

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
                Working...
                X