Barrier

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by one2ten View Post
    Maybe this is just their sales tactic and hopefully by irritates you, you will immediately dig out cash and buy... Lol
    yeah thts why make the retail sales staff service level normal or below par.

Speaking of service level, i believe most of us hardly have good experiences at the shop not until they really "know" you. Seriously, if till the day we only can walk in a shop if we really sure of buying than retailers may as well don't operate shop front. All set up web stores better..

Comment

Originally posted by louie View Post

Speaking of service level, i believe most of us hardly have good experiences at the shop not until they really "know" you. Seriously, if till the day we only can walk in a shop if we really sure of buying than retailers may as well don't operate shop front. All set up web stores better..
      I have had a good experience though for my Daytona. The SA served me with patience and respect. I would definitely recommend him if anyone were to ask. He wasn't snobbish or anything and even gave me constructive feedback about the pros and cons of the watches I tried. Some of the discussion include the resale value, a newer edition launching and even his personal views about which suit me better. That is the main reason I bought from him. He even wanted to let the sale to another SA who first saw me but couldn't be bothered to serve me after I said I wanted to try some watches.

Comment

Maybe this is just their sales tactic and hopefully by irritates you, you will immediately dig out cash and buy... Lol
        Honestly, I feel that doesn't work on most Singaporeans. Especially someone who is going to spend thousands on something. It only reflects how shallow and disrespectful the SA is towards potential buyers. In time to come, all others would flock somewhere else which has better service. Might even invite trouble to themselves like what bro Louie mentioned. Some customers who are more aggressive might even try the watch then go else where to buy then go back parade infront of them injecting some nasty comments. Ever witnessed it before.

Comment

For me I think there is nothing wrong just to window shop and scout around... Is business and the door is always open, if you are not ready then what you can do most is try not to ask for trying watches unnecessarily.
          I remember there is one good attitude SA invite me into the shop even I have no intention of buying, he told me not to worried, look see look see around and trying is free, that really give me a good impression.
          Sometimes they may want ppl just to walk in their shop and by doing so more passably may follow, this may give impression they are doing good business too, win-win
          That is true. I agree with the win win situation. HAHAHAHA. I feel a particular AD is not as sincere as what they suggest.

Comment

A smart SA will think, have people viewing = opportunity.
            No people = gui buay (ghost buy)

Even if they didnt buy, it's a good opportunity to build reputation.

Apparently many customer service personnel are short sighted or not well trained.

Tell yourself you are doing them a favour by walking in.
            In the past I hoot a bell & ross, a longines, a milgauss with no intention of buying.
            Audemars Piguet Ball Bell&Ross Cartier IWC Longines Omega Panerai Rolex Sinn Tissot

Alba Casio Citizen Roox Seiko

Wanted to add PP but bo lui

Comment

Originally posted by Nichmenichyou View Post
              That is true. I agree with the win win situation. HAHAHAHA. I feel a particular AD is not as sincere as what they suggest.
              That's the reason why you see them "pa ho xin" most of the time...

Comment

Well said
                I'm saying this is i know someone fall into this trick before
                "Bloody hell you see me no up?" And straight away pull out stack of cash just to see his befuddlement looks

Comment

Well said
                  "Bloody hell you see me no up?" And straight away pull out stack of cash just to see his befuddlement looks
                  Psychological tactics, pls don't do that man really low class act. c'mon people is this how customers should be treated now? Got to perform such tactic to make customers buy? i cannot imagine sales staff would stanford raffles, when we walk in..than ask about the watches, hoping we can hold it or try them on the wrist tio suan wtf. c'mon! this is sad seriously! i

no wonder, nowadays why the local ADs sale drop. They better hope the chinese not waive off or reduce the import tax. They better be very hungry for sales, and start to give xhit to new customers showing up at their shop!

Comment

Originally posted by Watcha View Post
                    A smart SA will think, have people viewing = opportunity.
                    No people = gui buay (ghost buy)

Even if they didnt buy, it's a good opportunity to build reputation.

Apparently many customer service personnel are short sighted or not well trained.

Tell yourself you are doing them a favour by walking in.
                    In the past I hoot a bell & ross, a longines, a milgauss with no intention of buying.
                    That is a good set of thinking bro. I will work on that. Hahahaha. I felt that really sometimes they are just too rude. Not that they don't see you, they just choose NOT TO SEE you. Generally I agree with you, if people walk in at least got chance. Better than those who always stand outside just to see and never even walk in. OR WORSE NO PEOPLE LOOKING AT ALL. I guess we just got to get used to their snobbish attitude. Must find tatic to counter them. HAHAHA.

Comment

That's the reason why you see them "pa ho xin" most of the time...
                      I realised. Hahahaha. That day I went with my partner to check out some watches. Then I stand there like 10 mins and there were like 4 SA doing nothing. They die die don't wanna serve me. In the end the manager came to serve me but I was just looking around so I didn't ask for help or anything.

Comment

Psychological tactics, pls don't do that man really low class act. c'mon people is this how customers should be treated now? Got to perform such tactic to make customers buy? i cannot imagine sales staff would stanford raffles, when we walk in..than ask about the watches, hoping we can hold it or try them on the wrist tio suan wtf. c'mon! this is sad seriously! i

no wonder, nowadays why the local ADs sale drop. They better hope the chinese not waive off or reduce the import tax. They better be very hungry for sales, and start to give xhit to new customers showing up at their shop!
                        A lot of china people now. Even when I went to prada to buy a bag for my partner as her birthday gift. There are loads and loads of them bro. Out of 10 I would say 7 are chinese. Worse of all, the SA also rather serve them. I guess that's reality that they really are rich and are more willing to spend as compared to us singaporeans most of the time. One SA even walked out on me to serve a China couple thinking that I won't buy. That's down right rude. I was left there hanging for another 15 mins or so browsing around until another SA came to serve me. I feel so disappointed sometimes that it seems our economic growth is so much dependent on the Chinese that the SAs would not serve locals even if we asked for help.

Comment

Well said
                          That's sad to hear. I guess it is human nature to protect one's ego though. It still is really LOW to do that. I mean why not excel in service then through word of mouth and get more recognition. It seems that its been going another way of the Mandarin saying of "walk one step, see one step". One sale is good enough and i will wait for the next and use the same tactics to (close the sale)/(chase the customer away).

Comment

Since we OT to talk about the general customer service levels in SG, and the apparent expectation gap widening between local walk in customers and SAs, i can't resist chipping in with my 2 cents worth.

I have never felt the same level of excitement in entering an AD in SG, as compared to overseas, be it Japan or European cities. Somehow the product knowledge, willingness to serve, anticipation of your preferences, attention to details is missing locally. Some of it may be attributable to training, but I think it's just the lack of passion.

One of the ADs in Europe that I visited, I just bought a sub 2K watch, but the lady boss spent 2 hours showing me PP calatravas, nautilus, aquanauts, a few AP ROO pieces and explain the intricacies of each piece. And then shared with me her own favorite marques like B&R and chronoswiss. The passion is really there, and that's where the connection is. Locally, I somehow feel that the only connection with the SA is the X % commission from the watch sale.
                            elusive

Comment

Originally posted by satch View Post
                              Since we OT to talk about the general customer service levels in SG, and the apparent expectation gap widening between local walk in customers and SAs, i can't resist chipping in with my 2 cents worth.

I have never felt the same level of excitement in entering an AD in SG, as compared to overseas, be it Japan or European cities. Somehow the product knowledge, willingness to serve, anticipation of your preferences, attention to details is missing locally. Some of it may be attributable to training, but I think it's just the lack of passion.

One of the ADs in Europe that I visited, I just bought a sub 2K watch, but the lady boss spent 2 hours showing me PP calatravas, nautilus, aquanauts, a few AP ROO pieces and explain the intricacies of each piece. And then shared with me her own favorite marques like B&R and chronoswiss. The passion is really there, and that's where the connection is. Locally, I somehow feel that the only connection with the SA is the X % commission from the watch sale.
                              LIKE yes exactly how i felt..PASSION! And they look so bored in the face, and do they even talk abt the watches we were interested nahhh. But they are like standing there waiting for me to say "OK i take it".

Comment

LIKE yes exactly how i felt..PASSION! And they look so bored in the face, and do they even talk abt the watches we were interested nahhh. But they are like standing there waiting for me to say "OK i take it".
                                Maybe the SA is not happy with their employer? Maybe their basic too low? Maybe they fell ignored?
                                All this has direct impact on their service attitude, thus low morale with their job... No matter what,The company should look into this matter seriously

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X