This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Are you willing to defend S'pore?

A bad day of fishing is still better than a good day at the office.

Just me and my NT...

How do we resolve an issue connected to mindset, through scenario planning. Are the two cases cited of soldiers acting beyond the call of
    duty the norm within the SAF, or exceptions?

Comment

That is only an inspiration & propaganda. But for sure i wouldnt. I want to live another day to see the world.

Comment

aiya... if singapore goes to war, enemy kills some ppl, ppl will fight to defend, simple as that... unless in a case like Kuwait, sudden attack, how to defend? if that's the case, we have to wait for ppl to save us loh...

Comment

For the sake of my family and friends like all of you, I will..
          The Crown Of Achievement

Comment

thanks singapore for the

- high hdb prices(they call it cheap when its almost half a million for certain apartments)
            - high GST
            - no entry admissions for local kids into primary school & tough admissions for locals in local unis
            - increasing cost of living
            - increasing costs of transport
            - increasing costs of utilities
            - welcoming of more FTs

of course i'll fight for singapore, especially for such a good country
            Opportunities come once

Comment

I think overall e ppl have to be appreciative of NS men's efforts, since previously someone (auntie) commented tat NS men smelly on e train.
              "夫君子之行:静以修身,俭以养德;非淡泊无以明志,非宁静无以致远。" - 诸葛亮

One should seek serenity to cultivate the body, thriftiness to cultivate the morals. Seeking fame and wealth will not lead to noble ideal. Only by seeking serenity will one reach far. - Zhugeliang

Comment

An "outcast" Singaporean like me, would NEVER ever die for a country which doesn't put its citizen on the first priority.
                Opportunities come once

Comment

Originally posted by Mille View Post
                  I would NEVER ever die for a country which doesn't put its citizen on the first priority.
                  I 2nd tat!!!
                  "夫君子之行:静以修身,俭以养德;非淡泊无以明志,非宁静无以致远。" - 诸葛亮

One should seek serenity to cultivate the body, thriftiness to cultivate the morals. Seeking fame and wealth will not lead to noble ideal. Only by seeking serenity will one reach far. - Zhugeliang

Comment

Originally posted by Mille View Post
                    An "outcast" Singaporean like me, would NEVER ever die for a country which doesn't put its citizen on the first priority.
                    the invading 'forces' don't and will not care if you are an outcast or not of your own country.

get out while you still can then, otherwise please say the same when your friends and family are casualties of a conflict.

besides...

""No dumb bastard ever won a war by dying for his country. He won the war by making some other dumb bastard die for his country.""
                    — Gen. George Patton
                    [IMG]http://www.bmw-sg.com/photopost/data/545/bbm_barcode.JPG[/IMG]

Comment

Originally posted by pilotsnoopy View Post

""No dumb bastard ever won a war by dying for his country. He won the war by making some other dumb bastard die for his country.""
                      — Gen. George Patton
                      x2. definite agree with that statement
                      [U]Currently wearing[/U]:
                      [SIZE="1"]TT Datejust with diamond dial - sold!
                      Blue 6694
                      Seiko SD-lookalike[/SIZE]
                      [U]"My collection"[/U]:
                      [SIZE="1"]Blue 6694; TT DJ w diamond dial.[/SIZE]

Comment

i will fight for my family....but does that translate to my country...i seriously dont know and will never want to find out
                        Watches kept for the next generation...
                        Rolex Oyster Perpetual Circa 1999
                        Rolex Explorer II 216570 G-Series
                        Omega Speedmaster Date
                        Sinn U1

Comment

after having served 2yrs 4 mths in a combat unit and then another 10 cycles in a reservist combat unit...the question is not whether we are willing to fight but do we hv what it takes to fight a war?

lousy equipment like rotten weapons with rusted & corroded barrels,recycled field equipment. the list is endless!

fight for sillypore...think better keep it within myself lah. never know who is looking at this thread.
                          Remnants of my irresponsibility:
                          "Foreign affections"
                          1) Sinn U1-30 June 2007
                          2) Rolex Sea-Dweller 16600 M series-23 Jan 08 (HER perpetual oyster )
                          3) Omega Seamaster Chrono Diver 2225.80.00-25 Jul 08 (From Wife )
                          4) IWC Top Gun Chrono-20 Sep 09
                          What's NEXT?

Comment

Originally posted by feudallordcult View Post
                            after having served 2yrs 4 mths in a combat unit and then another 10 cycles in a reservist combat unit...the question is not whether we are willing to fight but do we hv what it takes to fight a war?

lousy equipment like rotten weapons with rusted & corroded barrels,recycled field equipment. the list is endless!

fight for sillypore...think better keep it within myself lah. never know who is looking at this thread.
                            erm...those are training equipment...saf has more equipment than manpower...
                            [IMG]http://www.bmw-sg.com/photopost/data/545/bbm_barcode.JPG[/IMG]

Comment

Originally posted by pilotsnoopy View Post
                              the invading 'forces' don't and will not care if you are an outcast or not of your own country.

get out while you still can then, otherwise please say the same when your friends and family are casualties of a conflict.

besides...

— Gen. George Patton
                              gotta correct you.

me and my slave family, are under an elite family in the house.

there are 2 families in the house, 1 elite and 1 slave.

the elite family eats, drinks and dines on elite food. they have a big car.

my family, slaves for them the whole day, and me & my son is in charge of guarding the elite family. we get illtreated and we're 3rd class people.

the elite family makes life difficult for us, everything we own is theirs.

one day, robbers come.

what will you do? as simple as that.

1) bring your slave family and flee from elite family's house.
                              2) guard the elite family's house and might survive, and slave family continually get ill-treated.
                              3) guard the elite family house and die, lagi worse.

which would you pick?
                              Opportunities come once

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X