This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by dennlow View Post
    Don't forget that most of our biggest assets,at least for the most of us, is our properties, be it HDB flats or private houses. What will happen to our biggest assets, if we do not stay back and defend our homes? Can you take your house and run away?

I think that is the reason why our goverment encourages all S'poreans to buy their own houses..so that in times of crisis, you would have no choice but to remain rooted to defend not only your country, but also your own unmovable assets.
    you are correct in a way, more importantly...the world has a stake in Singapore...being a viable hub, a preferred base in the region means many countries have an economic stake and an interest in its stability.

attacking Singapore means attacking other nationalities as well, the expats...the foreign talents everyone whines about selectively forgetting how their forefathers came to Singapore...

Singapore's defence strategy has not only attempted to negate the likelihood of a direct attack but is also designed to deter military, political or economic pressure from other states.

Originally posted by 116520 View Post
    BTW, if there is a war in singapore, properties in sg will be worthless... and we might be sleeping in MRT stations... so defend or not also no use.... ha ha... joking....
    honestly, till today I still don't know how SAF will call ppl back to fight..... by handphone? by TV broadcast? or do we "walk" to our camp when we know someone is bombing us???
    Do you really understand what you are talking about?
    [IMG]http://www.bmw-sg.com/photopost/data/545/bbm_barcode.JPG[/IMG]

Comment

Originally posted by pet View Post
      bro, batamboy is right, sporean & PR, same opportunity for phrase 1a all the way to phrase 2c/ 2c supplementary.

non sporean & non pr = phrase 3.

being a parent thn u will know the headache, esp those kanna phrase 2c, stay less thn 1km still need balloting... it's stressful, i can understand those who dont get in.... sure KPKB 1... hahahhaa
      looks like those whom are able to analyse my points with their intelligence and not those whom is living in a luxury well of comfort..kudos to those who are highly intelligence & far-sighted !

Comment

Originally posted by batamboy View Post
        looks like those whom are able to analyse my points with their intelligence and not those whom is living in a luxury well of comfort..kudos to those who are highly intelligence & far-sighted !
        sarcasm is not necessary.

Comment

Thanks for the info Andrew. I have raised this issue during my ICT before but no one has given me a good answer. (I am not saying your answer is no good but that's how SAF works....)

Here is the question, do you think our TV, handphones, public transports, etc will be still working when there is a war? I think the only thing is working radio...

When bombing is happening in parts of sg, do you think people still come out to work as bus drivers, operate MRT, etc? Are we supposed to leave our family at home and walk to our camp? Maybe even before we can reach our camp, we might be KIA as we are in Army uniform without a rifle....

Maybe my question was a bit too simple and hence some bros here thought I wasn't thinking... I hope I didn't offend any bro here also. As said before, I don't understand not trying to talk bad about SAF nor Sg. I hope you understand.

I have friends from Kuwait and they told me that they can't do anything during the Iraqi-Kuwait war as it happened so fast....

Originally posted by Andrew Tay
          since i am abit free this morning....let me summarise it for u.

open mobilisation and silent mobilisation.

open mob....broadcast thru media like tv, radio and cinema with the codeword to report back to camp. this i need not have to explain....right?

silent mob....thru mobile phone as well as the area ic as backup. where the unit is activated.....a voice message will be sent to all the people in the unit.....telling them to report back to camp immediately, the soldier are suppose to reply to the voice message to acknowledge this.....and for those who did not do that....area ic will be activated to go to his hse and tell him to report to camp immediately.

report back to camp.....only the key people are allow to drive back to camp. for majority of the them.....they r suppose to report to the nearest mrt or bus station/terminal where ferry system will be provided to bring them back to camp.

that is roughly how a mob work.

Comment

Bro, sorry about the typo and grammar. That was worst than Singlish.... rushing to work... ha ha....hope you understand what I said....

Thanks for the info Andrew. I have raised this issue during my ICT before but no one has given me a good answer. (I am not saying your answer is no good but that's how SAF works....)

Here is the question, do you think our TV, handphones, public transports, etc will be still working when there is a war? I think the only thing is working radio...

When bombing is happening in parts of sg, do you think people still come out to work as bus drivers, operate MRT, etc? Are we supposed to leave our family at home and walk to our camp? Maybe even before we can reach our camp, we might be KIA as we are in Army uniform without a rifle....

Maybe my question was a bit too simple and hence some bros here thought I wasn't thinking... I hope I didn't offend any bro here also. As said before, I don't understand not trying to talk bad about SAF nor Sg. I hope you understand.

I have friends from Kuwait and they told me that they can't do anything during the Iraqi-Kuwait war as it happened so fast....

Comment

ha ha.... good to hear that.... every in-camp, my OC makes us feel like we are Rambo... so we are the not one who is fighting lah... ha ha...

hi mr daytona.

nah....what u have raise is valid....let me answer for u since i am still in the army as NSman.

your second para.....even before war started......saf would have already start mobilise our troops....with the present technology and survillence and intelligence.....i dun think our neighbour country can move their troops near to sg border without our knowledge....how do we know.....i shall not say it here. anyone remember in 1990....even our present SM was the PM, it was his first national day as PM....malaysia and indonesia troops back then have a joint exercise with paratroopers that airdrop in JB....how did saf respond? anyone know?? so your question abt whether the tv, handphone, etc is working is not an issue. remember we still have our backup of area ic? who know this system? need me to explain?

as for your third para....i have already answer it.....the present artillery unit will not just fire off happily and not expecting any counter fire.

last but not least......saf dun depend on the NSman to mobilise to fight the aggressor. anyone know what is 2-NTM and 4-NTM force? and alert red and alert amber force too?

Comment

coming from a new nick who just had 3 posts......and all in this thread.......sarcasm is what he is capable of only.

so dun worry abt what he is trying to do and have a good sunday..haha.

i met pet during fishing and at rolex gathering before.....so i can get his points.
                and dun forget that how many PR actually studied in sg when they r young and will enrol their children back to the same school??

so only those who r just capable of sarcastic remarks.....continue to live in a well and feel miserable living in sg.
                I believe most of our bros who are born and breed here and has done NS will stand up and defend SG..It's always the minority which is the MOST vocal and as such create a wrong impression...it would be interesting if a poll can be conducted and the results of the poll will hopefully vindicate the majority who will defend our motherland...

Comment

just say that saf have many classified units and till today, not many NSman know that we have some weapons that is not even shown to u....

take for example this year national day.....the 21 gun salute was fire on a floating engineer platform......u just see a few joined together to accomodate the guns......now imagine one hundred of this join together.....what do u see?

a floating bridge to channel our equipment to where? mind u....there are some other stuff that saf have yet to show to the public yet.

think i am talking cock? hehe.....
                  those rafts have been around for ages...and are the 'lightweight' kind...the heavyweights were even shown on some SBC drama in the 80s accommodating the previous main bulk of offensive armor vehicles.

maybe these people need to see whole straits of ***** with multiple causeways then only they believe...

Comment

no need to do a poll.

the one who complain the most is the one who cannot make it in life...that is why they always think that pap is at fault.

most of the people i go out with in this forum and wristlounge forum are all nice people to mix with. cos they r successful in whatever they r doing.
                    very true...but the poll is also a good way to debunk the misconceptions created by the vocal minority...

Comment

Originally posted by dennlow View Post
                      I believe most of our bros who are born and breed here and has done NS will stand up and defend SG..It's always the minority which is the MOST vocal and as such create a wrong impression...it would be interesting if a poll can be conducted and the results of the poll will hopefully vindicate the majority who will defend our motherland...
                      i think so too

SAF doctrine in the past might have made people wonder whether our Singapore boys will fight as it involved a pre-emptive strike resulting in a portrayal of SAF as an invading force.

However over the years, thanks to the constant pressure by our neighbour to cut off the water supply, our leaders got fed up and built up its own capabilities in sustainability...what was even more ironical is the lady whom is leading Hyflux...Asia’s leading water and fluid treatment company...came from our neighbouring country.

today our capabilities have made us able to absorb the first strike...and thus gaining much credible moral and political leverage both among our own people and the international community...

while our own people fight and i confidently believe we will, our diplomats have much leverage to lobby in the international arenas to rally around our cause and apply pressure on the opposing forces...

for now i do not see this happening seeing how as a deterrent, the SAF has succeeded not only in protecting our country but also giving our leaders much weight in negotiations and building up good will. (the deployment of the SAF to Indonesia and Thailand concurrently during the tsunami aftermath was a good silent message to our neighbours and regional powers.)

it will be interesting to see how the SAF continues to evolve to deal with non-conventional threats.

Comment

And kudos to our total defence force !

we are Singapore, we are Singapore.
                        we will stand together, hear the lion roar.
                        we are singapore, we are singapore.
                        we're a nation strong, and be forever more

The Crown Of Achievement

Comment

Originally posted by Oceanklassik View Post
                          And kudos to our total defence force !

we are Singapore, we are Singapore.
                          we will stand together, hear the lion roar.
                          we are singapore, we are singapore.
                          we're a nation strong, and be forever more

your poor lion in Mandai nua-ing everyday...lion also become kuching liao.

Comment

no need to do a poll.

the one who complain the most is the one who cannot make it in life...that is why they always think that pap is at fault.

most of the people i go out with in this forum and wristlounge forum are all nice people to mix with. cos they r successful in whatever they r doing.
                            bro . .hmmm . . there's no right or wrong in a sys/ policy, just need balance .. but some how, some ppl will be at the wrong side of the scale, and some ppl will be on the very shiok side of the scale.. so the, the 'shioker' should look at the less fortunate and understand their problems...it best to look both ways... better still, all ways... hahahhaa if every body choose to ignore, thn there's no room for improvement for better 'balance' ... hahhaa

As for sch p1 reg, there's abt 170 pri sch, so those top sch amounts to say less thn 20% .. so not many ppl are frm the elite sch... me and my siblings are lucky, cos our parents hv means during our childhood life to put us thru these sch, i was in nanyang for p1-3, before transfering to join my bro at acs, my sis, 1 at mgs, 1 at rgs.. ( so any of our kids should not be a problem going to these repective sch )., so we have to appreciate and understand the rest who's not and why they say sys sux whn they try to reg for their kids. . .

As for those who are unsucessful, dont give up, there's always other ways and means to get to the earlier phrase, if tht's not possible. there's also chances of transfering after P1. i know being a parent is tough, as i am old boi , my boy got no problem going to sch...hee... but whn my daughter's time to reg for P1... u caant imagine the stress and headache i hv to go thru, since my wife is not local ( EU ), no chance after being in alumni... after going to MP, ccc, sch board etc...in regards to going into certain sch... still unsucessful, so decided to go thru normal phrase 2c at rgs .. but lucky got in. anyway, i did it without any help...*** .for those still trying... remember, sometimes its not the top ppl u know, but the right ppl u know ... dont gv up ***

as for defence, every body priority is diff... my dad been sick for some time, no operation nothing, just usual infection and some complication... his past 15mths care and bill already amt to 700k... no joke, again as i did mention in another thread...health care sys need improvement... we are lucky we able still ablle to afford it ... but there's alot of ppl who cant, so we hv to understand their situation. so if u ask me abt defend, best is no defence, deal with it diplomatically.... our defence budget is already a few time higher thn our neighbours ( base on per capita, we one of highest in the world ) ... cut to 20% and we will hv 8 billion to help the sick, eldery etc.... cos i feel their needs .... of cos some will argue ... wht IF ppl attack sg.... to me it's only a IF, but helping the poor and improve health care for ederly is now, current and real situation .... be prepare, total defence.??.. prepare for how many years? 40 yrs 50 yrs ? tht's one's lifetime... or a budget of 50yrs X 10billion per yr. . . maybe $$ can put to better use thn fighting... hee

i not against pap, infact i support them. ...... but at times, policy / sys need to change/ improve.. so of cos ppl in need will voice out... and it's not minority.... basically, the rock bottom dont even know how to voice out ( esp over the internet ) ... hahaha

so we mst keep ears open mah...

peace... going fishing leow...

Comment

All these will change very soon as our country birth-rate continues to fall. Some of the unit in airforce had already commecialize due to shortage of man-power. I'm sure all of you are aware of the M-deck scheme.

Comment

Omg.. apologies for starting this thread.

Think to stop the debate of such sensitive issues, better to close this thread.
                                Hope you all understand.

And 1 thing is certain la, once the button is pushed, all reservist activated, we have to fight regardless of want or don't want. Unless willing to face court martial..
                                A bad day of fishing is still better than a good day at the office.

Just me and my NT...

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X