No announcement yet.

Why do people wear fake watches?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I've interesting observation that many passengers wearing "branded" watch for flights in or out of China. Bet that chances that they are fake is pretty high.

Comment

no cop,fortunately & unfortunately, i do not stay in the west. me a easterner all my life. i could go on abt the antics of this character but what good would it serve me?
      Remnants of my irresponsibility:
      "Foreign affections"
      1) Sinn U1-30 June 2007
      2) Rolex Sea-Dweller 16600 M series-23 Jan 08 (HER perpetual oyster )
      3) Omega Seamaster Chrono Diver 2225.80.00-25 Jul 08 (From Wife )
      4) IWC Top Gun Chrono-20 Sep 09
      What's NEXT?

Comment

I only interested in the real ones regardless of what goods, if cannot afford, then forgt it. That's me
        Current Collection :

1) Rolex YG White Mother of Pearl Roman Dial Datejust 16018 (8 mil Serial)

2) Rolex YG Black Computer Roman Dial Datejust 16238 (L Serial)

3) Rolex TT Blue Submariner 16613LB (M Serial)

4) Rolex YG Red Vignette DayDate 18038 (8 mil Serial)

5) Rolex PT Pinkish White MOP DayDate 18206 (A Serial)

Comment

Originally posted by feudallordcult View Post
          no cop,fortunately & unfortunately, i do not stay in the west. me a easterner all my life. i could go on abt the antics of this character but what good would it serve me?
          Yup, true..
          Money Money come to me.

Comment

Fake watchs are for daily wear, but real one is for function wear.

Comment

You wear real one, people question you if it is genuine. So no point wear genuine rolex.

If some one drive a mercedes or Bmw and wear fake rolex do you dare to ask them if it is real???

If I drive BMW I surely buy fake one. Nobody will believe if it is fake.

Comment

Originally posted by lthg25 View Post
                I rather wear a real seiko then a fake rolex. But that is me, why do others do otherwise?

The laws in Europe if caught wearing a fake watch or carrying a fake LV bag will land you in trouble with the custom over there. It is sad but there are people out there who will buy fake and in return it actually support these illegal activities. If you are the owner of such a brand will you like these fake watches to be around....I guess not.
                Regards
                sgvintagethingy
                http://www.sgvintagethingy.blogspot.com

Comment

Originally posted by baukiki View Post
                  You wear real one, people question you if it is genuine. So no point wear genuine rolex.

If some one drive a mercedes or Bmw and wear fake rolex do you dare to ask them if it is real???

If I drive BMW I surely buy fake one. Nobody will believe if it is fake.

Yes, I remember a friend driving a BMW using a fake watch and cannot even afford the beer money. What a freaking joke!!!!
                  Regards
                  sgvintagethingy

Comment

well...i have seen quite a few guys that drive nice cars but not wearing watches....hahaha....not all guys are into watches de lar...
                    Courage is what it takes to stand up and speak

Courage is also what it takes to sit down and listen

Quoted from Sir Winston Churchill

Comment

Correct! No judging book by its cover.
                      The Crown Of Achievement

Comment

i knew 1 guy that dun drive but have a real solid watch collection....and 1 which a solid high end car that dun wear any watch at all....
                        Courage is what it takes to stand up and speak

Courage is also what it takes to sit down and listen

Quoted from Sir Winston Churchill

Comment

There's one 'live' story right in the middle of this forum where a Chinese chap who worked in the civil service actually lived in a hdb unit with a collection of omega watches worth hundreds of thousands..
                          The Crown Of Achievement

Comment

A Fake is Fake

The wearer of fake watches will only show that the wearer is a fake as well. Of cos, no one will know except yourself. I guess the wearer can live with such a shame.
                            Regards
                            sgvintagethingy

Comment

Originally posted by sgvintagethingy View Post
                              The laws in Europe if caught wearing a fake watch or carrying a fake LV bag will land you in trouble with the custom over there. It is sad but there are people out there who will buy fake and in return it actually support these illegal activities. If you are the owner of such a brand will you like these fake watches to be around....I guess not.
                              Just wondering, how they actually spot? esp when reps are getting much better nowadays.

Do they actually go up to people and then ask to check their bags?
                              I dont need another watch, I dont need another watch, I dont need another watch, I dont need another watch.........

Comment

Originally posted by exxondus View Post
                                Just wondering, how they actually spot? esp when reps are getting much better nowadays.

Do they actually go up to people and then ask to check their bags?
                                They have trained custom officers to spot these fakes.
                                Regards
                                sgvintagethingy

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X