Why do people wear fake watches?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Faked Daytona

Today was having lunch at NTUC ( Downtown east ) with my colleague. After having lunch, decided to go and buy some tidbits ( Sour Sour type and also got sweet sweet type in clear rectangular boxes). The seller's ( old man ) watch (Probably the Owner ) caught my eye as it was obviously a Rolex Daytona. Out of curiousity, I ask him how much did he buy the rolex watches? He answer me with a very NO confident voice that he bought it from a friend for S$2000/- . I told him "Very Very nice watch" and wow so expensive that i cannot afford.... ( He flash it for a while without giving me a chance to scrutinise the watch) . Probably, he didn;t know he make a fool out of himself with that statement. Anway, i was there not to gun him down ( Probably it was a genuine one ) but just walk away understanding how people lie and react. what an interesting day....

Comment

Originally posted by Cessna View Post
      Today was having lunch at NTUC ( Downtown east ) with my colleague. After having lunch, decided to go and buy some tidbits ( Sour Sour type and also got sweet sweet type in clear rectangular boxes). The seller's ( old man ) watch (Probably the Owner ) caught my eye as it was obviously a Rolex Daytona. Out of curiousity, I ask him how much did he buy the rolex watches? He answer me with a very NO confident voice that he bought it from a friend for S$2000/- . I told him "Very Very nice watch" and wow so expensive that i cannot afford.... ( He flash it for a while without giving me a chance to scrutinise the watch) . Probably, he didn;t know he make a fool out of himself with that statement. Anway, i was there not to gun him down ( Probably it was a genuine one ) but just walk away understanding how people lie and react. what an interesting day....
      actually i dont really get it. so it is a fake?

Comment

Nowadays fake designs are very attractive to cater everyone's taste , u want dress watch got , u want gangster looking all black got , u want decent + some flashy strap got , u name it .. what authentic has , they got it .

For me , i think ppl buy because they like it .

Comment

I recalled reading an interesting article from a watch magazine regarding fake/replica watches. I can't find it now but it described how the fake watches market co-existed with the real ones very well. If any guru here can help find and post it here, it will be a good read.
          The Crown Of Achievement

Comment

nice watches but super costly,
            so they buy replica which is not so costly.
            u can fake the planet, but not ur heart.
            like me, i cannot afford very branded watches.
            but i will still continue to save up and made a 2nd hand purchase.

my first watch was sinn u1
            then etc...
            2014 March - Rolex Deepsea Seadweller V series MK 1 dial ref: 116660

Comment

Originally posted by sgvintagethingy View Post
              Yes, I remember a friend driving a BMW using a fake watch and cannot even afford the beer money. What a freaking joke!!!!

coz he lied to u.

Comment

Originally posted by lion3lh View Post
                nice watches but super costly,
                so they buy replica which is not so costly.
                u can fake the planet, but not ur heart.
                like me, i cannot afford very branded watches.
                but i will still continue to save up and made a 2nd hand purchase.

my first watch was sinn u1
                then etc...
                A good practice that evey one should take.
                Current Collection :

1) Rolex YG White Mother of Pearl Roman Dial Datejust 16018 (8 mil Serial)

2) Rolex YG Black Computer Roman Dial Datejust 16238 (L Serial)

3) Rolex TT Blue Submariner 16613LB (M Serial)

4) Rolex YG Red Vignette DayDate 18038 (8 mil Serial)

5) Rolex PT Pinkish White MOP DayDate 18206 (A Serial)

Comment

Can cheat others but not myself...So I would rather save up for a long time to get a Panerai or Rolex then wear a fake watch / other luxury goods.

Anyway, my lust for luxury watch is not to show off to others but rather to satisfy my own personal wants.
                  In my possession
                  Breitling Headwind, Tag Heuer Aqua Racer, Glycine Incursore, Rolex DSSD , Pam320L, Pam305N and Chopard GTXL Power Reserve

Comment

Can cheat others but not myself...So I would rather save up for a long time to get a Panerai or Rolex then wear a fake watch / other luxury goods.

Anyway, my lust for luxury watch is not to show off to others but rather to satisfy my own personal wants.
                    In my possession
                    Breitling Headwind, Tag Heuer Aqua Racer, Glycine Incursore, Rolex DSSD , Pam320L, Pam305N and Chopard GTXL Power Reserve

Comment

In my possession

Comment

Dear all,
                        My apologieses for the multiple posts. Hit the wrong keys.
                        In my possession

Comment

hmm perhaps a replica watch could comfort them in ways guys who can afford the real thing will never know...

that said i rather not wear than to wear a fake cause its a problem of integrity imo...

Comment

Originally posted by wrxy View Post
                            hmm perhaps a replica watch could comfort them in ways guys who can afford the real thing will never know...

that said i rather not wear than to wear a fake cause its a problem of integrity imo...
                            same feelings. But I might consider a fake when i am very old and feeable...safety issue
                            Current Collection :

1) Rolex YG White Mother of Pearl Roman Dial Datejust 16018 (8 mil Serial)

2) Rolex YG Black Computer Roman Dial Datejust 16238 (L Serial)

3) Rolex TT Blue Submariner 16613LB (M Serial)

4) Rolex YG Red Vignette DayDate 18038 (8 mil Serial)

5) Rolex PT Pinkish White MOP DayDate 18206 (A Serial)

Comment

Originally posted by oliverlay View Post

i like the movement cum design so i buy it.. 2nd hand with 90% condition and above

Comment

fake and gen...

I know of lots of ppl out there who owns a genuine one but bought the same rep and uses the rep as a daily wear...

Perhaps they cannot bear to wear the watch in case of scratching or denting it accidentally, so they bought and wear a rep daily?

For me, I wear my breitling steel fish daily but am looking actively for a 2nd hand deepsea of good condition.

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X