No announcement yet.

Why do people wear fake watches?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It is hard to apprehend the idea of having both the real mccoy and replica, just so to avoiding scratching the real thing through wear and tear...i can understand the heartpain but the fake cannot replace the craftmanship of the real thing even if its AAA grade. Just wear it and enjoy it.

else get more watches so one can rotate the use of it...and prolong the asethetic beauty of the watch piece. wHooo!
    Tag Heuer 2000 Professional Chronograph
    Tag Heuer Formula 1
    Rolex Datejust Oyster Perpetual 16234
    Rolex Datejust Oyster Perpetual 116234
    Rolex GMT II 16710
    Sinn U1 SDR

Comment

Originally posted by Dipsy View Post
      I know of lots of ppl out there who owns a genuine one but bought the same rep and uses the rep as a daily wear...

Perhaps they cannot bear to wear the watch in case of scratching or denting it accidentally, so they bought and wear a rep daily?

For me, I wear my breitling steel fish daily but am looking actively for a 2nd hand deepsea of good condition.
      I find that more of a risk. Why? One fine day, sekali your friend thought the pc he is wearing is the replica, but he wears the real one. Then he bang here, bang there, and only realise later. Chiak-lat liao lo..
      The Crown Of Achievement

Comment

if people know you rich, you wear fake and admit it's fake, they also won't believe you

if you are poor, but you slog for 5 years and save up for a real piece, you tell people real, they also won't believe you

Comment

Originally posted by Dipsy View Post
          I know of lots of ppl out there who owns a genuine one but bought the same rep and uses the rep as a daily wear...

Perhaps they cannot bear to wear the watch in case of scratching or denting it accidentally, so they bought and wear a rep daily?

For me, I wear my breitling steel fish daily but am looking actively for a 2nd hand deepsea of good condition.
          YEA .. i find this behaviour very strange.. bought real thing & keep.. buy the exact same item for replica to wear.

Some of them dont mind if it has wear & tear... but they do this.. not one of them do tht.. plenty !

What are they thinking really ?

Comment

Originally posted by johnjoux View Post
            YEA .. i find this behaviour very strange.. bought real thing & keep.. buy the exact same item for replica to wear.

Some of them dont mind if it has wear & tear... but they do this.. not one of them do tht.. plenty !

What are they thinking really ?
            Ha...ha..I think it all goes down to high much real money one has.

Comment

For fun
              There is no true love, just a finely tuned jealousy

Comment

un-Affordable.. Haha

Comment

cant afford the real one.

Comment

The reason to own a luxury time piece for me is because of the legacy, the craftsmanship and their attention to detail. How will a replica replicate that?

Comment

so that people like u can laugh at them..

Comment

For status at a bargain price!

Comment

Possibly...in love with the design but cannot afford?

Comment

I think there is a lot of reason why individual buy replica. I think its the decision of willing to part with your money or not for the real stuff

Comment

Just a rich cover for themselves i guess

Comment

I believe in the "head not so big dun wear a big hat" theory.
                                but this is life, its really to each their own.
                                Procrastination is like masturbation. It feels good until you realise you're screwing yourself...~

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X