Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A Thought to Ponder

Read this on MyCarForum...

Another of the so-called Healer of the world....mentioned Jesus existed before Buddha...mocking at a temple assistant, monk and nun...

Anyone saw the video on youtube?

In the video, Paster Rony Tan made the following outrageous and false claims.

1.He claimed that Buddhism is demonic.
    2.He rubbished Buddhism concept of reincarnation.
    3.He claimed that Buddhism engaged in David Copperfield trickery.
    4. He put false words into the mouth of a dying Buddha.
    He claimed that the dying Buddha's last words was "I am still searching for the way."
    5. He then claimed that Jesus appeared and told Buddha that "I am the way."

This man is very dangerous for peace and harmony in this world. We must put a stop to these selfishly destructive people.
    Read this from a car forum, Religion is that everything in life??
    Sad to see such insensitive speech by a Pasta!!

This trend of evangelical Christians falsifying other religious teachings, mocking and denegrading other religious teachings in order to grow their memberships is uncalled for. If there's no control over this, other pastors might engage in similar denegrading of other religious teachings like him. The government must put a stop to these fanatical religious extremism in Singapore be it Islam, Christian, Buddhism or any other religions.

What's the use of apologising in his own website claiming his insensitivity over Buddhism and Taoism? Solemnly promise not to do it again?Lame..

PASTOR RONY TAN, YOU ARE BEING WATCHED BY ISD...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RnJS8...layer_embedded
    A Crown For Every Achievement.

Link of source:

http://www.mycarforum.com/index.php?showtopic=2648539
    A Crown For Every Achievement.

Comment

well, according to the papers, ISD's made him see the folly of his ways
      for me, the fact that he can make such statements, show, amongst other things, a clear lack of wisdom.
      rely on him to guide me to salvation?
      you must be kidding.....
      "Once is happenstance, twice is coincidence,
      three times is enemy action and
      over 600 is clearly the work of an ancient Sumerian demon or some sh*t
      ."

Comment

Originally posted by Ender View Post
        well, according to the papers, ISD's made him see the folly of his ways
        for me, the fact that he can make such statements, show, amongst other things, a clear lack of wisdom.
        rely on him to guide me to salvation?
        you must be kidding.....
        Maybe he is Kaki with Dr. M from the North, who thinks that 9/11 is a story made-up by US of A.

Comment

This was on yesterday's news also.... apparently, he made a public apology on this already..

Never a good idea to tok about OTHER religion or to discriminate OTHER religion just to 'show how good yours is'...
          A bad day of fishing is still better than a good day at the office.

Just me and my NT...

Comment

Originally posted by louisoh View Post
            This was on yesterday's news also.... apparently, he made a public apology on this already..

Never a good idea to tok about OTHER religion or to discriminate OTHER religion just to 'show how good yours is'...
            Some Pastor made a public discriminating speech degrading other religion. This is a very foolish act.

After that, he went on nation TV and news to make a public apology - made him look very stupid as well...

Sigh...there are many types of people in the world...Since this matter has been dealt with....

Like one of the person in the car forum says: Let's live and let live..

Comment

It takes one dumb @$$ to bring down credibility of any religion.
              Thankfully his remark did not stirr any reactions from Buddhist like our northern neighbour did.
              It would be dangerous to cross the line where it may weaken racial and religious harmony in a country like ours.

Desired horologes ...

- IWC Portuguese Automatic
              - GMT II
              - GMT IIc TT
              - Reverso Squadra Hometime (7008620)/ Reverso Squadra
              - Master Eight Days (1608420)
              - U1
              - IWC Aquatimer

An exquisite timepiece, brings timeless memories and precious moments...

Comment

maybe he apologised after ISD after him anyway all race and religion should live in harmony, we are human after all, regardless race or religion, why bother to think of superiority? funny la this kind of ppl

Comment

Originally posted by LimTH View Post
                  Read this on MyCarForum...

1.He claimed that Buddhism is demonic.
                  2.He rubbished Buddhism concept of reincarnation.
                  3.He claimed that Buddhism engaged in David Copperfield trickery.
                  4. He put false words into the mouth of a dying Buddha.
                  He claimed that the dying Buddha's last words was "I am still searching for the way."
                  5. He then claimed that Jesus appeared and told Buddha that "I am the way."

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RnJS8...layer_embedded
                  A paster preaching such things ???

Comment

not surpirsing at all. i've been to enough sunday schools and heard such crap from these kind of christians.

that's the reason why me and my brother consigned ourselves to be atheist with Buddhist inclinations.

the most extreme cases are christians who refuses to eat anything that was offered as offerings at the altar and also anything stamped with the picture of dragons.

how cock sure are these ppl that they are going to heaven when they have yet to die. i strongly urge them to jump off a bridge or shoot themselves on the head and do the world a favour. write a postcard when you're there.

so long.

Comment

Ah brothers, the actions of one Christian does not reflect on Christianity as a whole lah. For that matter, claiming one to be a Christian does not make one a Christian. Even for so called pastors. Like the other brother said, only matters after u die when God will decide. Don't get me wrong, being a Christian one have duty to spread the Good News and not simply accept other religious practices for the sake of "religious harmony". But obviously the entire objective is to spread the Word and not to act "hollier than thou" even if u are very passionate & overzealous abt ur belief! My 0.02 cents...

Comment

And false prophets will exist in every religion....
                        Last edited by ohlins; 09-02-10, 11:33 PM.

Comment

hahaha....

wee SEasian all funy lah... Christianity & Islam ( been in tis region for few hundred yrs nia ).. .. and we come out with all these non-sense...hahahhaa

all religion = good... handful of minority believer = bad ...

u ever hear children ( who's christain ) refuse to light joss stick for parents who pass away ?? ... wow lau... its jst paying respect nia mah... ddunno how come cannot use joss stick pay respect to parents...

another story... tis 1 very funny...man who's a buddist pass away... the children being christain give him a christain burial... haha... man go haunt his best friend, gv him dream, tell him he lost, now hiding at the corner of temple...ask his friend for help... friend go ask monk to gv ritual and burn a house for him...to get him thru his 'bridge' ...

so regardless of wht religion, end of the day.... comes down to the word respect... respect each other......starting with yr family ..some1 tell me tis, regardless of religion ... 主先一定要拜, 因为是自己的.

Comment

guess we just let the matter rest. every now and then someone will come up and talk rubbish. trust our own belief.

Comment

provocative post deleted.

pls keep to sensible and responsible comments.....

thanks...
                              the hype is true. listen at your own risk.
                              visit my watch and audio blog oohlins.blogspot & learn how to use the rolex comfort link

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X