X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm in the same fix..
    The Crown Of Achievement

Comment

If anyone come across a good self-help book, pls recommend to me.
      1 3 5
      ├┼┼╕
      2 4 6 R

Comment

Originally posted by exxondus View Post
        AP15300 or VC overseas

oops that means not 1 but 2 :P

Offload some of your collection before commiting ? U gain some, u lose some, u only can wear 1 watch @ a time only dude

Comment

Guys, there's antidote to combat the watch virus..
          Its to counter poison with poison.. U certainly need to buy a watch to curb the watch virus..
          That's the cure!

Comment

Try tis 90% sure help !!! Stay away from all Watch forum ... That's where the virus was form !! Kekeke

Comment

I have similar self-control issues... But I have no Grail in mind, which in a way makes it worse. Recently I tried to impose some rules - two out, one in, and as best I could to allow the existing pieces fund new ones. This was a futile attempt at reducing headcount and maintain zero-sum outlay

What worked to "quench" the occasional thirst though, was straight trades. I got a change of scenery, expanded my exposure to brands I would otherwise not have forked money out for, and generally would be satiated for a while.

Watch-life wise, I am now busying (or is it distracting) myself with hunting down and restoring vintage G-shocks (remember the hockey puck adverts in the early 80s?), an extremely difficult but satisfying task, because these are low-priced watches which are designed to be and often were subjected to lots of abuse. Parts are also difficult to source because despite looking somewhat similar aesthetically, the vintage Gs are built quite differently back then. Different lug size, different casing etc. Great fun that takes more sleuth work than money.

sms/whatsapp to 9OO3-8999

Comment

Originally posted by johnfish View Post
                Try tis 90% sure help !!! Stay away from all Watch forum ... That's where the virus was form !! Kekeke
                This is sound advice I must say .
                The Crown Of Achievement

Comment

i switch target to blue chips share.

so when i save enough, i look for a blue chip share to buy. after all, can pass to next generation. this way, the amount that is suppose to go buying a watch ends up in share.
                  if you have issues with your account, click here for self help and read forum rules here. 90% of your answers can be found in Forum FAQ

i DO NOT respond to any pm regarding account issues

kindly email with
                  1. subject heading indicating your issue
                  2. your nick
                  3. your corresponding email address
                  4. state what you were trying to do and what the system prevented you to do

if you receive no response in pm or email, it means your answers can be found in the Forum FAQ here

your kind understanding is very much appreciated.

disclaimer : all opinions expressed are personal

Comment

There is no stop to it, much worst then taking heroin....as specially those watch magazine this are the real killer...highly additive!!! You are unable to control once you want it.....

Comment

I think at least 90% of bros here having the same exact problem as urs...

Stay focus to your grail man!

Comment

Originally posted by triton View Post
                        i switch target to blue chips share.

so when i save enough, i look for a blue chip share to buy. after all, can pass to next generation. this way, the amount that is suppose to go buying a watch ends up in share.
                        go good recommendations?
                        I dont need another watch, I dont need another watch, I dont need another watch, I dont need another watch.........

Comment

How could we not have control issues?!
                          When I bought my first branded Mont Blanc timepiece in late 2007, it was bought after great hesitation and I told myself that would be the only piece.
                          Spending $1k was a big deal back then.
                          Then I saw an IWC Mark XV...
                          And now...
                          Sweet 16:
                          PP Aquanaut
                          VC Overseas
                          AP ROO Black Themes
                          A.Lange & Sohne 1815
                          Breguet Type XXI
                          Blancpain 50 Fathoms
                          JLC Navy Seals
                          GO Senator 60s
                          GP Laureato
                          Zenith Pilot Extra Special
                          Rolex DSSD
                          IWC Big Pilot
                          Pam 112
                          Omega Ploprof
                          Breitling Super Avenger
                          Glycine F104

Comment

Once upon a time, I told myself I would be crazy to buy a watch that cost more than 1K.

Then after a while, I told myself, I would be crazy to even considering buying any watch above 5K.

Then after a while, I told myself (and wife), there is no way I will pay over 10K for any watch.

The after a while, I mentioned it would be impossible for me to consider paying over $20K for any watch.

Last I remember saying, any watch more than $50K is nonsense, might as well buy a car!

The only thing I notice is that the 'while' between each time I utter the statement gets shorter.

Sound like heroin/gambling addiction.

Comment

Originally posted by toffeesthings View Post
                              When I bought my first branded Mont Blanc timepiece in late 2007, it was bought after great hesitation and I told myself that would be the only piece.
                              And now...
                              Hahahah ... was happy with my trusty old Tag Heuer SEL and never thought of getting another watch throughout college and when I first started working ...

Then bought a Sub-Date, started reading TZ, PuristS, Watchtime, etc. and never looked back ...
                              运筹帷幄 决胜千里

Comment

Originally posted by toffeesthings View Post
                                And now...
                                Kinda agree. My first luxury watch was a Ball Chronometer Ltd. bought it after really really long hesitation period.

After that, I noticed my so called period of hesitation dropped trememndouly. I rem my next watch was within a few months, a Sinn857. then another sinn and then rolex and iwc and.........

then BROKE....
                                I dont need another watch, I dont need another watch, I dont need another watch, I dont need another watch.........

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X