Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Backing Out of Deals, is it wrong?

Dear Bros/Sis,

Just wanna seek some views, if I see a sale/trade post and sms the seller I wanna do a trade and we exchange a sms or calls to confirm on the trade then if there are some issues for example I wish to back out of the deal, is it acceptable? Cos I never ask the seller to meet somewhere to view the watch, just contact thru some sms and phonecalls from yesterday evening to approx. 11pm last night and I backed out of the deal. but if I backout of the deal for some reasons, is it acceptable???

Bcos the seller put a negative feedback on my iTrader and I feel its abit over the top as we did not meetup yet nor did I accept any deposit, watsoever. Just plainly thru less than 6 smses and 4 calls.

My experience in my previous trades
    Cos when I was trying to sell my other watches earlier, there were ppl who said confirm price and deal, etc then meetup wanna bargain to much lower then I refuse to go that low so the buyer simply walked off, etc. There were also some who say confirm deal then come view shiok then say wanna consider again, etc I also did not grade a negative grade on their iTrade. So in my case how come ppl grade me a negative when I did not trouble him to come out then I say I dunwan right?

But of cos everyone have their own views ya. Maybe Im being too nice.
    Check out my Amateur Watch Blog @ http://parte-di-tempo.blogspot.sg/

tsetse the fly hard to make more $$$ so can buy more timepieces

Hi, bro...I 've PM you on my views on this issue. Check your mail.
    1 3 5
    ├┼┼╕
    2 4 6 R

Comment

Originally posted by Seventh Son View Post
      Thanks bro, will check my PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Seventh Son View Post
        Bro, I checked liao but no PM yet, does it take sometime for the PM to arrive???

Comment

Hi bro,

I agree with you that it is a bit over the top to put a negative feedback in such situation. Afterall you informed the seller your change of mind within a few hours so I don't think he sufferred a great deal in lost opportunities over that few hours, if any. Usually a seller, in the middle of arranging a viewing, will not totally turn away subsequent inquiries so that he could still get back to those other potential buyers when the deal failed to go through. But this also depends on what the exact communication is prior to the meet-up (for example, if you had expressed that you definitely will take the watch if condition is good etc).

As both a seller and buyer myself, I know very well that a deal is not done until the watch is checked by the buyer/trader and transaction completed, not to mention in the case a meet-up has not even taken place...
          Watches are like potato chips - You never stop at one

Never political, seldom diplomatic, always honest

Comment

lets see....

many will state an non-obligatory viewing.

culturally not so nice after much haggling and more or less confirm the sale before actual final look.

technically, there maybe a last minute change of mind, last minute offer or whatever reason, or simply don't feel like having it, so should be ok,,,,

imagine I go to a watch boutique and try out the watches till song song, and last minute no sale,,,,,,, no choice also,,,,,,,

all buyers/sellers must give and take la,,,,,,,,

for me, last minute back out,,,,,,,,, consider it a blessing in disguise or an opportunit foregone,,,, part n parcel of life thats all

Comment

Originally posted by tsetse View Post
              Dear Bros/Sis,

Just wanna seek some views, if I see a sale/trade post and sms the seller I wanna do a trade and we exchange a sms or calls to confirm on the trade then if there are some issues for example I wish to back out of the deal, is it acceptable? Cos I never ask the seller to meet somewhere to view the watch, just contact thru some sms and phonecalls from yesterday evening to approx. 11pm last night and I backed out of the deal. but if I backout of the deal for some reasons, is it acceptable???

Bcos the seller put a negative feedback on my iTrader and I feel its abit over the top as we did not meetup yet nor did I accept any deposit, watsoever. Just plainly thru less than 6 smses and 4 calls.

My experience in my previous trades
              Cos when I was trying to sell my other watches earlier, there were ppl who said confirm price and deal, etc then meetup wanna bargain to much lower then I refuse to go that low so the buyer simply walked off, etc. There were also some who say confirm deal then come view shiok then say wanna consider again, etc I also did not grade a negative grade on their iTrade. So in my case how come ppl grade me a negative when I did not trouble him to come out then I say I dunwan right?

But of cos everyone have their own views ya. Maybe Im being too nice.
              Hi bro

In cases like yours, it really boils down to the personality of that buyer/seller.

Recently, a potential seller gave me a piece of his mind when i changed my mind about buying his watch even though I , like in your case, did not confirm to meet nor negotiate/confirm the price. But in the end, when circumstances permitted (in a matter of days if I remembered correctly), I still went ahead to buy his watch so we were both happy at the end of the day.

In another case, a potential buyer who negotiated and confirmed over a couple of SMSes to buy my watch, backed out on the day of the meetup. I was naturally disappointed but I did not kick up any fuss whatsoever.

I guess you may wish to approach the seller on the negative rating though...

Comment

No la, I didnt haggle on price at all, and the seller was quite steady not to haggle also, just that there was a change of decision and I already posted a public apology in his sales thread for the inconvenience caused and still I genna.

Just to add, we have not viewed each other's watch yet and I had wanted to deal at RSC for peace of mind. But there was a decision change thats all.

Well what to do...part n parcel of life.

Comment

Let me just add that I am not saying it is wrong to put a negative feedback in such case. A feedback is a feedback and such is based on personal experience so it is always objective and down to the level of expectation, individual principle etc.

And actually I myself have few experiences where people sms/call to say they would like to view my watch, fixed an appointment and then informed me later that they couldn't make it and that they would contact me to fix another day. In the end I never heard from them again. In some cases I contacted them, and then they gave me some lame reasons like "I thought yours is a completed set" or "I thought yours is at least 40mm" etc, when all these details were clearly stated in my sales post. I would prefer that they just tell me that they have changed their mind.

Comment

Originally posted by daywalker88 View Post
                    Hi bro

In cases like yours, it really boils down to the personality of that buyer/seller.

Recently, a potential seller gave me a piece of his mind when i changed my mind about buying his watch even though I , like in your case, did not confirm to meet nor negotiate/confirm the price. But in the end, when circumstances permitted (in a matter of days if I remembered correctly), I still went ahead to buy his watch so we were both happy at the end of the day.

In another case, a potential buyer who negotiated and confirmed over a couple of SMSes to buy my watch, backed out on the day of the meetup. I was naturally disappointed but I did not kick up any fuss whatsoever.

I guess you may wish to approach the seller on the negative rating though...
                    Bro, the seller was quite worked up over the phonecall last night so I guess its difficult to change his mind la. Anyways i think next time better consider carefully before smsing ppl to buy or trade liao. Wait problem like this very sianz... also...

Anyways thanks for your advise bro!

Comment

Originally posted by pegasi View Post
                      Let me just add that I am not saying it is wrong to put a negative feedback in such case. A feedback is a feedback and such is based on personal experience so it is always objective and down to the level of expectation, individual principle etc.

And actually I myself have few experiences where people sms/call to say they would like to view my watch, fixed an appointment and then informed me later that they couldn't make it and that they would contact me to fix another day. In the end I never heard from them again. In some cases I contacted them, and then they gave me some lame reasons like "I thought yours is a completed set" or "I thought yours is at least 40mm" etc, when all these details were clearly stated in my sales post. I would prefer that they just tell me that they have changed their mind.
                      Yup I fully agree with you on this

Comment

If no arrangements made with the buyer to meet, or agreement conclude, then really don deserve a negative remark.

Anyway, just to share a 'weird' experience sometime back with the sales of an EZM3. That watch gave me the most issues in terms of selling (not because the watch has issues).

I listed an EZM 3 for sale and price was reasonably ok. I got an sms from someone who say interested, blah blah blah, wanna buy and confirmed time and date for viewing. Because of this, i rejected a few queries cos book for him le.

When the day of meet up came, I sms him and no news. nm loh tht maybe something wrong. so next day sms him and he replied say, oh, he actually interested in an EZM1 and told me that the EZM3 is a substitute and told me a cock and bull story about how the EZM3 is inferior blah blah blah and he dunno if he shld buy.

So i ok loh, no issue since I did not have to lug the box and everything ard. so told him, he shld think carefully loh since he suddenly feels the EZM3 is a substitute.

After that, I sian liaoz so reduce another 100. He imm sms me say he interested and can buy. So i told him dun wan lah, substitute leh, why u wanna buy and refuse to sell even tho he willing to give me the money.

In the end, I sold to another guy who inspected everything on the day of dealing. Look at this look at that look at papers, understand that still under warranty play with the crown, bezel, etc. tht was end of story BUT after 2 weeks of purchasing the watch he sms me say he made a mistake blah blah blah

I just told him he can try selling loh. Then a day later, he sms me say oh bracelet is wrong, not oriinal EZM3 bracelet blah blah blah and that he is perfectionist, if wrong bracelet he wont even wanna wear, etc etc etc. so I told him I got it as-is from THG. then a day later he finally say, he want refund cos its driving him crazy. WTF!!

In the end I took him to THG to prove that the watch is gotten as-is. He still go make a scene there and demand which watch was the bracelet intended for blah blah blah and how they can cheat me when its not an EZM3 bracelet and crap like that. In the end, I just told him, ok lets share and purchase an original leather strap for the EZM3. Case close from there but not after I fork out another 70 bucks.

(ang mo somemore. first time see this kinda pattern ang mo who come out so much pattern just cos his own mistake. the reason why he took 2 weeks to realise was that he was overseas, never touch the watch after buying).

but anyway, 2 lessons learnt here. (paisei a bit off topic here)

As a buyer, You are free to change your mind BUT don go missing OR come out with BS trying to push down price at last min after everything agreed. you will cause Seller lots of issues, esp if he already rejected other people due to the arrangement.

In addition, please check the damn watch and don come back 2 weeks and say BS again asking for refund. If its an impulse buy, then its not the seller's fault.
                        I dont need another watch, I dont need another watch, I dont need another watch, I dont need another watch.........

Comment

before buying any item I usually ask seller possible for non obligatory viewing. I inform seller that I don't want to negotiate price before viewing as no see real item. once purchase, unless the item is non original then will make an issue. moment money and goods exchange hands. deal is done. I don't think as seller there is a need to entertain any request. all checking should be done prior to money handing over to seller.
                          if you have issues with your account, click here for self help and read forum rules here. 90% of your answers can be found in Forum FAQ

i DO NOT respond to any pm regarding account issues

kindly email with
                          1. subject heading indicating your issue
                          2. your nick
                          3. your corresponding email address
                          4. state what you were trying to do and what the system prevented you to do

if you receive no response in pm or email, it means your answers can be found in the Forum FAQ here

your kind understanding is very much appreciated.

disclaimer : all opinions expressed are personal

Comment

Originally posted by exxondus View Post
                            If no arrangements made with the buyer to meet, or agreement conclude, then really don deserve a negative remark.

Anyway, just to share a 'weird' experience sometime back with the sales of an EZM3. That watch gave me the most issues in terms of selling (not because the watch has issues).

I listed an EZM 3 for sale and price was reasonably ok. I got an sms from someone who say interested, blah blah blah, wanna buy and confirmed time and date for viewing. Because of this, i rejected a few queries cos book for him le.

When the day of meet up came, I sms him and no news. nm loh tht maybe something wrong. so next day sms him and he replied say, oh, he actually interested in an EZM1 and told me that the EZM3 is a substitute and told me a cock and bull story about how the EZM3 is inferior blah blah blah and he dunno if he shld buy.

So i ok loh, no issue since I did not have to lug the box and everything ard. so told him, he shld think carefully loh since he suddenly feels the EZM3 is a substitute.

After that, I sian liaoz so reduce another 100. He imm sms me say he interested and can buy. So i told him dun wan lah, substitute leh, why u wanna buy and refuse to sell even tho he willing to give me the money.

In the end, I sold to another guy who inspected everything on the day of dealing. Look at this look at that look at papers, understand that still under warranty play with the crown, bezel, etc. tht was end of story BUT after 2 weeks of purchasing the watch he sms me say he made a mistake blah blah blah

I just told him he can try selling loh. Then a day later, he sms me say oh bracelet is wrong, not oriinal EZM3 bracelet blah blah blah and that he is perfectionist, if wrong bracelet he wont even wanna wear, etc etc etc. so I told him I got it as-is from THG. then a day later he finally say, he want refund cos its driving him crazy. WTF!!

In the end I took him to THG to prove that the watch is gotten as-is. He still go make a scene there and demand which watch was the bracelet intended for blah blah blah and how they can cheat me when its not an EZM3 bracelet and crap like that. In the end, I just told him, ok lets share and purchase an original leather strap for the EZM3. Case close from there but not after I fork out another 70 bucks.

(ang mo somemore. first time see this kinda pattern ang mo who come out so much pattern just cos his own mistake. the reason why he took 2 weeks to realise was that he was overseas, never touch the watch after buying).

but anyway, 2 lessons learnt here. (paisei a bit off topic here)

As a buyer, You are free to change your mind BUT don go missing OR come out with BS trying to push down price at last min after everything agreed. you will cause Seller lots of issues, esp if he already rejected other people due to the arrangement.

In addition, please check the damn watch and don come back 2 weeks and say BS again asking for refund. If its an impulse buy, then its not the seller's fault.
                            Wa bro, you are a damn nice seller leh. I wouldn't have f care the ang mo

Comment

Originally posted by pegasi View Post
                              Wa bro, you are a damn nice seller leh. I wouldn't have f care the ang mo
                              I more worried for the guys at THG lah. cos that ang mo making a din there and not nice for the company

althou I not v familiar with the AD, but also dun wanna cause issues for them.
                              I dont need another watch, I dont need another watch, I dont need another watch, I dont need another watch.........

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X