No announcement yet.

Backing Out of Deals, is it wrong?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

For me as a 'chronic flipper', i dun mind entertaining smses or calls regarding enquires on the watches that i listed up for sale....

However, i wish the interested parties will take some time to read my ads...

Common questions i had to entertain after posting pictures and details are as follow...

-EH...ur watch come with box and papers anot?

-Ur watch serviced before

-how big is the case size

-wad is your best price

-the dial colour

-why u wan to sell your watch

-can meet up at tuas around 5am
    Courage is what it takes to stand up and speak

Courage is also what it takes to sit down and listen

Quoted from Sir Winston Churchill

Comment

Originally posted by feilong108 View Post
      For me as a 'chronic flipper', i dun mind entertaining smses or calls regarding enquires on the watches that i listed up for sale....

However, i wish the interested parties will take some time to read my ads...

Common questions i had to entertain after posting pictures and details are as follow...

-EH...ur watch come with box and papers anot?

-Ur watch serviced before

-how big is the case size

-wad is your best price

-the dial colour

-why u wan to sell your watch

-can meet up at tuas around 5am
      this wan ok ma,since u like to view watch and strap during am timing.
      累了才放慢脚步; 错了才想到后悔;苦了才懂得满足;伤了 才明白坚强; 醉了才知道难忘 ; 笑了才体会美丽!

是否我沉默了,你才能听到我的心声?是否我停止了,你才能看到我的眼泪?是否我心碎了,你才会摸到我的心痛?是否我消失了,你才会知道我的存在?

Comment

Bro Illusion84!!!!!Finally u r back hor..hahahaha....Time is okie...but wad to do at tuas at 5am....me hor easterner leh....somemore Tuas at that time very ULU.....me scared of hantus de....hahahahaha....Did too many evil things in the past liao....

Comment

Bro Illusion84!!!!!Finally u r back hor..hahahaha....Time is okie...but wad to do at tuas at 5am....me hor easterner leh....somemore Tuas at that time very ULU.....me scared of hantus de....hahahahaha....Did too many evil things in the past liao....
          go brid park catch bird la or go jurong hill prawning la.
          累了才放慢脚步; 错了才想到后悔;苦了才懂得满足;伤了 才明白坚强; 醉了才知道难忘 ; 笑了才体会美丽!

是否我沉默了,你才能听到我的心声?是否我停止了,你才能看到我的眼泪?是否我心碎了,你才会摸到我的心痛?是否我消失了,你才会知道我的存在?

Comment

caught 1 'bird' liao...Seagull....then hor i prefer catch mermaids than prawns....wahahaha....

0ops...paiseh....OT liao...sorry to TS ar..

Comment

I have bought and sold about the same many watches and have met all kinds. I also don't care about the other party putting remarks on the itrade. If they want to put, it's ok, if not also ok. I never ask other party to put.

All the people I met up with, think 100% ended in a deal and I have great encounters.

Only when goods and cash exchange, then it's a deal. No words from either side before that is anything firm. I am fine with people SMS me that they change mind etc...no problem. Just don't no sure, arrange to meet and play disappearing act. Time is sometimes more important than the deal.

As a buyer, once I agree to meet and view, I will appear. If goods is as when I was told, sure deal. Price should confirm before meeting. Meet is purely to check goods as told and deal.

Comment

Originally posted by tsetse View Post
                Dear Bros/Sis,

Just wanna seek some views, if I see a sale/trade post and sms the seller I wanna do a trade and we exchange a sms or calls to confirm on the trade then if there are some issues for example I wish to back out of the deal, is it acceptable? Cos I never ask the seller to meet somewhere to view the watch, just contact thru some sms and phonecalls from yesterday evening to approx. 11pm last night and I backed out of the deal. but if I backout of the deal for some reasons, is it acceptable???

Bcos the seller put a negative feedback on my iTrader and I feel its abit over the top as we did not meetup yet nor did I accept any deposit, watsoever. Just plainly thru less than 6 smses and 4 calls.

My experience in my previous trades
                Cos when I was trying to sell my other watches earlier, there were ppl who said confirm price and deal, etc then meetup wanna bargain to much lower then I refuse to go that low so the buyer simply walked off, etc. There were also some who say confirm deal then come view shiok then say wanna consider again, etc I also did not grade a negative grade on their iTrade. So in my case how come ppl grade me a negative when I did not trouble him to come out then I say I dunwan right?

But of cos everyone have their own views ya. Maybe Im being too nice.
                Happens all the time, so dont take it too hard. Well, it's just an offer to treat & nobody is obligated until some written agreement is faxed, posted or signed.

The other time I was selling my IWC BigPilot & someone wanted to view it before committing. When we met, he told me that he didnt know it's 47mm big & doesnt come with chrono, power reserve or moon phrase!! I was a little taken aback cos the BP is quite a well-known piece, but then I guess not everyone is a watch nut like myself or would do some research before meeting the seller. So I smiled & told him to consider before buying, afterall it's almost S$13000!

Take a look at my old posting.

http://www.sg-roc.com/showthread.php?t=36154
                I rather push my Alfa Romeo than drive a BMW

Alfa 1.5 Sprint
                Alfa 33
                Alfa 147
                Alfa GT
                Alfa Spider 3.2 V6- now
                Alfa 4C- maybe next time

Comment

haha thanks to all bros for the feedback, I think everyone has been very supportive be it positive or negative and I do agree that one should keep one's word. Actually I had sold my watch to my fren and he regretted and wanted a daytona instead so I helped him sms the seller and both him and myself was fine to deal but only after verification at RSC which is today to meet, view the watch and also to verify its authentic.

But the seller had called me later in the evening to say he can photostat his IC so that in case the watch is not authentic, etc, I can call him for a full refund. And he felt that he wanted to save the trouble for everyone to go down RSC together. This was the stirring point for my fren and myself to say no. I would prefer to verify the watch before handing over the top up and my watch. He did mention that if we insist, we can still deal at RSC today for peace of mind for us which was kind of him also la. But at that point my fren and myself abit sian liao so wanted to stop the deal.

I am also ok for the buyer to verify my watch as well, as it puts everyone's mind at rest.

Anyways its already over, I have to move on with life

Thanks everyone!

Cheers and have a great evening everyone!
                  Check out my Amateur Watch Blog @ http://parte-di-tempo.blogspot.sg/

tsetse the fly hard to make more $$$ so can buy more timepieces

Comment

Originally posted by exxondus View Post
                    If no arrangements made with the buyer to meet, or agreement conclude, then really don deserve a negative remark.

Anyway, just to share a 'weird' experience sometime back with the sales of an EZM3. That watch gave me the most issues in terms of selling (not because the watch has issues).

I listed an EZM 3 for sale and price was reasonably ok. I got an sms from someone who say interested, blah blah blah, wanna buy and confirmed time and date for viewing. Because of this, i rejected a few queries cos book for him le.

When the day of meet up came, I sms him and no news. nm loh tht maybe something wrong. so next day sms him and he replied say, oh, he actually interested in an EZM1 and told me that the EZM3 is a substitute and told me a cock and bull story about how the EZM3 is inferior blah blah blah and he dunno if he shld buy.

So i ok loh, no issue since I did not have to lug the box and everything ard. so told him, he shld think carefully loh since he suddenly feels the EZM3 is a substitute.

After that, I sian liaoz so reduce another 100. He imm sms me say he interested and can buy. So i told him dun wan lah, substitute leh, why u wanna buy and refuse to sell even tho he willing to give me the money.

In the end, I sold to another guy who inspected everything on the day of dealing. Look at this look at that look at papers, understand that still under warranty play with the crown, bezel, etc. tht was end of story BUT after 2 weeks of purchasing the watch he sms me say he made a mistake blah blah blah

I just told him he can try selling loh. Then a day later, he sms me say oh bracelet is wrong, not oriinal EZM3 bracelet blah blah blah and that he is perfectionist, if wrong bracelet he wont even wanna wear, etc etc etc. so I told him I got it as-is from THG. then a day later he finally say, he want refund cos its driving him crazy. WTF!!

In the end I took him to THG to prove that the watch is gotten as-is. He still go make a scene there and demand which watch was the bracelet intended for blah blah blah and how they can cheat me when its not an EZM3 bracelet and crap like that. In the end, I just told him, ok lets share and purchase an original leather strap for the EZM3. Case close from there but not after I fork out another 70 bucks.

(ang mo somemore. first time see this kinda pattern ang mo who come out so much pattern just cos his own mistake. the reason why he took 2 weeks to realise was that he was overseas, never touch the watch after buying).

but anyway, 2 lessons learnt here. (paisei a bit off topic here)

As a buyer, You are free to change your mind BUT don go missing OR come out with BS trying to push down price at last min after everything agreed. you will cause Seller lots of issues, esp if he already rejected other people due to the arrangement.

In addition, please check the damn watch and don come back 2 weeks and say BS again asking for refund. If its an impulse buy, then its not the seller's fault.
                    Wow your case is kinda extreme, its a case of willing seller, willing buyer, during the deal make sure everything is checked, once checked ok, pay money then is not the seller's problem liao. All problems are borne by the buyer already. If wan peace of mind, send for proper verification. Thats why I prefer ppl to verify the watches Im selling, cos the service centre ppl can act as witness when I handover the watch to the buyer at the service centre. But U have been relli kind to absorb the new bracelet cost.

Comment

Originally posted by KuchingKu View Post
                      I have bought and sold about the same many watches and have met all kinds. I also don't care about the other party putting remarks on the itrade. If they want to put, it's ok, if not also ok. I never ask other party to put.

All the people I met up with, think 100% ended in a deal and I have great encounters.

Only when goods and cash exchange, then it's a deal. No words from either side before that is anything firm. I am fine with people SMS me that they change mind etc...no problem. Just don't no sure, arrange to meet and play disappearing act. Time is sometimes more important than the deal.

As a buyer, once I agree to meet and view, I will appear. If goods is as when I was told, sure deal. Price should confirm before meeting. Meet is purely to check goods as told and deal.
                      True man, yeah, I have also met some ppl who fly me kite or those that say confirm price liao, come down then offer me a much lesser price, normally I will reject cos no need for me to make such a big loss also.

Originally posted by turboducky View Post
                      Happens all the time, so dont take it too hard. Well, it's just an offer to treat & nobody is obligated until some written agreement is faxed, posted or signed.

The other time I was selling my IWC BigPilot & someone wanted to view it before committing. When we met, he told me that he didnt know it's 47mm big & doesnt come with chrono, power reserve or moon phrase!! I was a little taken aback cos the BP is quite a well-known piece, but then I guess not everyone is a watch nut like myself or would do some research before meeting the seller. So I smiled & told him to consider before buying, afterall it's almost S$13000!

Take a look at my old posting.

http://www.sg-roc.com/showthread.php?t=36154
                      Thanks bro for the comforting words, yeah I do agree with U too

Comment

what happen bro......

anyway juz take it easy, anythings can happen here! but let us also enjoy the process of buying & selling of watch here as well

Comment

Originally posted by And6688 View Post
                          what happen bro......

anyway juz take it easy, anythings can happen here! but let us also enjoy the process of buying & selling of watch here as well
                          haha bro, long story la, anyways it was great dealing with you for my Sinn. Hows the watch? Enjoying it? Take care and see when U free, can meet up for kopi

Comment

caught 1 'bird' liao...Seagull....then hor i prefer catch mermaids than prawns....wahahaha....

0ops...paiseh....OT liao...sorry to TS ar..
                            hahaha no worries bro

Comment

Originally posted by exxondus View Post
                              I just told him he can try selling loh. Then a day later, he sms me say oh bracelet is wrong, not oriinal EZM3 bracelet blah blah blah and that he is perfectionist, if wrong bracelet he wont even wanna wear, etc etc etc. so I told him I got it as-is from THG. then a day later he finally say, he want refund cos its driving him crazy. WTF!!

In the end I took him to THG to prove that the watch is gotten as-is. He still go make a scene there and demand which watch was the bracelet intended for blah blah blah and how they can cheat me when its not an EZM3 bracelet and crap like that. In the end, I just told him, ok lets share and purchase an original leather strap for the EZM3. Case close from there but not after I fork out another 70 bucks.

(ang mo somemore. first time see this kinda pattern ang mo who come out so much pattern just cos his own mistake. the reason why he took 2 weeks to realise was that he was overseas, never touch the watch after buying). ...
                              wah like that also can! i would have told the guy, sorry, but buyer's remorse is a very common problem. learn to deal with it. you parted with your money happily after viewing, now you trying to pull a quickie.
                              [U]Currently wearing[/U]:
                              [SIZE="1"]TT Datejust with diamond dial - sold!
                              Blue 6694
                              Seiko SD-lookalike[/SIZE]
                              [U]"My collection"[/U]:
                              [SIZE="1"]Blue 6694; TT DJ w diamond dial.[/SIZE]

Comment

Originally posted by seiko.citizen View Post
                                wah like that also can! i would have told the guy, sorry, but buyer's remorse is a very common problem. learn to deal with it. you parted with your money happily after viewing, now you trying to pull a quickie.
                                haha, thinking back, mayb I should have.

I think that was the worse ang mo I ever met or dealt with tho.
                                I dont need another watch, I dont need another watch, I dont need another watch, I dont need another watch.........

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X