Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• KuchingKu
    replied
    New I buy, pre own I also buy. No prejudice as long as I like what I see and find it worth the price I have to pay. Mentally, must know that new sure dep more....just like car.

Leave a comment:

• Keith8896
    replied
    Now i know why Daywalker's watches SELL !!!

Condition am sure is good and the watch have good owner history too.

*he like MIA awhile, guess he is busy when market run up.

Leave a comment:

• triton
    replied
    my religion is BNIB whenever possible. this means if the watch is currently in production i will get it. as i dont buy and sell watches. to me a BNIB watch is ok. those who buy and sell would prefer to get preown in good condition because the bulk of depreciation has been absorbed by the first owner.

however, 3-4 years back, there was the black card day @ takashimaya. this would mean whatever purchase made on that day, you have an additional of 10% discount. so for those people who managed to buy watches then, they would have save quite a fair bit. say sinn watch, you managed to get 30% off the list, you get another 10% off.

so most important is you need to set a budget. with this then you can determine if the watch you want to get can come BNIB or preown.

Leave a comment:

• feilong108
    replied
    LOL....i tink if the person with that perception see the way how my manager treat his M series Datejust , he or she sure change that point of view pretty fast...lol

Leave a comment:

• k83
    replied
    i believe thats the general perception la, 1st owner = lesser abuse = better condition

Originally posted by feilong108 View Post
    hehehehe..1st owner more higher price?hehehe....lol...how many owner not a matter to me...as long watch is swee swee condition can liao

Leave a comment:

• feilong108
    replied
    hehehehe..1st owner more higher price?hehehe....lol...how many owner not a matter to me...as long watch is swee swee condition can liao

Leave a comment:

• pegasi
    replied
    Originally posted by Oceanklassik View Post
    I prefer new ones but do not mind pre-own if I know at least, who the owner is.
    Unless you are buying from people you know very well, as it is not uncommon that the seller pretend to be the first owner when he is maybe the 5th owner, because there is a common perception that lesser owners mean watch is better taken care of.

That is speaking from experience - I just bought a preowned watch last week from a bro in this forum who claim he is the first owner, but I later found out that he bought it a month ago from another seller in the same forum - not a problem for me 'cos what matters is the condition of the watch, but just don't understand why want to bluff lor.

Leave a comment:

• exxondus
    replied
    Originally posted by Oceanklassik View Post
    .. I had seen a ROLEX watch taken out of the wrist of a decomposed body, and it being auctioned off subsequently.
    wah serious ah!! i don mind spending an hour to read if you are willing to type out this story sia...sounds horrible to do that to a deceased, assuming don have permission

Leave a comment:

• Oceanklassik
    replied
    This is very personal; a 'religion', as someone here told me. I prefer new ones but do not mind pre-own if I know at least, who the owner is. I have seen how some people abused their watches, and done intentionally sometimes, in front of me.. . I had seen a ROLEX watch taken out of the wrist of a decomposed body, and it being auctioned off subsequently.

But of course, there are still many (like most of us here) who treat their watches well and good. If I can find and know of anyone who treasures his watch like I do, I really do not mind buying from him.

Leave a comment:

• turboducky
    replied
    Originally posted by commoner View Post
    Been lurking in this forum for sometime liao.

Except for my 1st pre-owned Rolex 6694 and IWC portofino (a gift), all my watches are bought new. 6694 is worn by my brother, and I knew my friend who gave me the IWC well.

Really love seeing many watches selling here, and ebay, but never get myyself to take a step further. Being a kiasu chinese middle age fellow, and to think myself going to spend multiple thousands to buy a 2nd hand watch, it is so damn difficult. Knowing myself, I will be wondering why the guy sells his watch (whether bad luck or something), lost on the race track or whatever if I buy it. Don't think I will have that peace of mind should something bad happens when wearing a pre-owned watch. not knowing its history. Don't think I wll ever buy from a pawn shop for sure.

So I will continue to save my blood and sweat money to pursue my new 14060m and solid gold rolex or give it all up for just a PP aquanaut/nautilus. It will be a slow and tedious process I am sure, but I will enjoy the fruits of the hard labor.

How many of you are of the same thinking?

Does the history of the watch affect your purchase?

cheers
    I think History only applies to a house or a car; stuff like did anyone commit suicide in it or did the car smash into somebody & resulted in death. I am totally fine having a pre-owned watch as long as it could be verified. It's not as if a car that would have 01 transfer when you are the 2nd owner, nobody ll know that my watch is 2nd hand!!

Leave a comment:

• feilong108
    replied
    hehehehe..stories can be quite interesting de...hehehehe... i dun mind spending 1 hr to hear the story behind the watch that i buy from the seller...hehehehe.....

Leave a comment:

• k83
    replied
    if i were to buy a pre own,i guess the most impt thing to look out for is authenticity and watch is in gd condt n working well. I wouldnt want to know the story behind the pre own watch, ignorance can be a blessing at times

Leave a comment:

• zidaneong
    replied
    I will buy the preowned piece if the condition is good, price is just/cheap and the history of the watch is still fine.

Leave a comment:

• feilong108
    replied
    yeah....my Dad have the same mentality...so he only goes for BNIB from Local ADs...

Well...he not a watch siao like me lar...hehehe..so i suppose it is okie for him as he buy 2 in the last 10 years or so i think..

Leave a comment:

• k83
    replied
    i do have a friend whos rather superstitous and will never buy any pre own watch, as he has the mentality that people only sell their watch fr bad reasons, thus he afraid he will inherit bad luck from pre own watches

Leave a comment:

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
Working...
X