X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• jayquak
    replied
    Originally posted by eping View Post
    bought my Ball 60sec 2nd hand in 2008 from ... erm that shop in Funan Level 2. as long its in a good condition and from a trusted source, i think its fine.
    is that shop Passions?How is it? I know there is a BNIB 2011 Hulk in their showcase.

Leave a comment:

• eping
    replied
    bought my Ball 60sec 2nd hand in 2008 from ... erm that shop in Funan Level 2. as long its in a good condition and from a trusted source, i think its fine.

Leave a comment:

• jojomojojo
    replied
    Used to have the same thinking that I can't wear anything that isn't new. Who knows what the watch has been through. But after lurking around, I found an owner that is into horology and really takes care of his watch.

Leave a comment:

• kroby
    replied
    Unless there's a streak of bad luck with the previous owner(s), I'm inclined to purchase pre-owned. For the simple reason that there's less loss incurred when selling!

Leave a comment:

• abjw_12
    replied
    Pantang or bad luck aside, my reasons are more practical having bought both BN n pre-owned watches before.
    Go for BNIB if:
    a) You cannot bear to see any scratch or dent on your watch
    b) You do not wish to spend extra on servicing or parts
    c) You are rich & do not mind spending extra few thousand to get peace of mind
    d) You are sure you do not mind your watch depreciating significantly as soon as you buy it

Go for pre-owned if:
    a) You do not mind slight scratches or dents
    b) You are buying from reputable place or if you can be sure watch is authentic
    c) The particular watch is no longer in production
    d) The savings compared to the new watch is most important to you

Leave a comment:

• xT0x1Cx
    replied
    will get pre-owned..
    but as mentioned by other members, what do i need to know from pre-owned watches? ( service history ? condition of the watch ? AD stamp ? will there be difficulties in getting the watch serviced, if name on warranty card differs from current owner? )

Sorry to have asked alot of noob question.

Leave a comment:

• blanko_87
    replied
    i get preown.... condition is good...

Leave a comment:

• penyekz
    replied
    If price is good and condition is better, I don't mind preowned.

Leave a comment:

• chiqinhan
    replied
    unless one is really very rich, if not the serious amount of depreciation jus doesn't justified for a brand new one

Leave a comment:

• Faithfu7
    replied
    Brand new

I think ladies tend to buy brand new watch and guys are ok with preowned watches .

Leave a comment:

• chiqinhan
    replied
    Originally posted by bangsar View Post
    I don't have any issue with pre-owned watches in good condition.
    totally agreed. its the condition tat matters. not whether its a brand new or pre-owned

Leave a comment:

• opchew
    replied
    Possible to get Brand New but from non-AD shops?

Read from other forums that AD offload some of the watches to grey market, with terms and conditions. Hence able to get better price from non-AD shops.

Leave a comment:

• hansen
    replied
    I have both BNIB and second, third or whatever, they are all lovely

Originally posted by Iceheller View Post
    Watch is something personnel to me so BN only. But never say never. Maybe would consider pre-owned only if i need it spare part to customize my other watch.

Leave a comment:

• Iceheller
    replied
    Watch is something personnel to me so BN only. But never say never. Maybe would consider pre-owned only if i need it spare part to customize my other watch.

Leave a comment:

• ngokyc
    replied
    A watch is a watch. It just needs to be in good condition and reasonable priced. If you have the cash and simply do not want anything preowned, then go for new. In that aspect, depreciation is not a consideration. Money many many.

Leave a comment:

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
Working...
X