Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• cortina watch

Comment

• ya i personally think selling on your own can be a saving for both seller and buyer to a certain extend. which makes me wonder why would anyone sell to preown shops then if they offer cutthroat price?

Comment

• Originally posted by fable View Post
        ya i personally think selling on your own can be a saving for both seller and buyer to a certain extend. which makes me wonder why would anyone sell to preown shops then if they offer cutthroat price?
        Why would anyone sell to pre-owned watch shops, even if they offer cut-throat prices?

1. Desperate for cash and time (to get the money) is of essence.
        2. To en-cash* using credit card payment.
        3. To trade-in for another watch or watches from the same shop.
        4. To get back some cash back for another 'urgent' watch purchase.

Good enough reasons?
        The Crown Of Achievement

Comment

• Hi, anyone knows anywhere else to sell brand new Rolex watches in store?

Comment

• Thanks for sharing 'watchpassionist', very informative. Kudos to the site creators for bringing the watch community together.

Comment

• This thread is so useful since I can learn from other people experience.

Comment

• I'm looking to sell my gmt master

Also looking for a buyer for my rolex

Comment

• good post! congra!

Originally posted by watchpassionist View Post
                  Recently i wanted to sell a few of my watches to upgrade to a AP bumblebee, a Patek 5712/1A and Rolex WG 116509 black.

For sale was a Pam311, Pam292, Pam 118, Patek 5167/1A and a AP Volcano, Rolex 116519. Total my cost estimated for all 6 watches were around $95k.

So with this lot i checked with few 2nd dealers shops. I was quoted in average....
                  Pam311....$18k
                  Pam118....$5.5k
                  Pam292....$8k
                  Patek 5167...$18K
                  Rolex 116519...$14.5k
                  Ap Volcano...$16k
                  Total $80k
                  A TOTAL loss of abt $15k

After consideration decided to sell here in this forum, going thru the hassle of taking photographs, postings, entertaining calls from genuine buyers, lowballers and enquiries calls at the wee hours.
                  Though is tiring, answering in the middle of the night and then meeting viewers in North south east west of Singapore, i sold 5 of my watches.

Pam311....$19.2k thks to 2 bros from Indon
                  Pam118....$6.3k thks 2 bro from indon
                  Pam292....$8.5k thks bro M
                  Patek.......Still pending at $19.3k
                  Rolex.......$16.5k thks bro E
                  Ap volcano....$19.2k thks bro D
                  Total got back $89k
                  Total loss of $6k

As compared to $15k loss i cut down to $6k. I was sad for losing $6000 but yet happy i saved $9000 posting and seling on my own.
                  It was real troublesome but it was fun and exciting at the same time. Getting to meet buyers and viewers, discussing on watches, making more like minded friends here who are like me crazy abt watches.

I went down to Sincere, Cortina and Hourglass preparing with cash to buy my dream watches, almost all told me no stocks and no discount, if have also retail price.

Went down again to preowned shops to check, was quoted Rolex 116509 for $26.5k preowned, PP $39k preowned and bumblebee $31.8k new. Not comfortable as i feel is above market prices.
                  Managed to get some offers in the end from some genuine sellers here after seeing my WTB watches,
                  so bought the AP at ....$30.5k bnib G series
                  Rolex 116509 D series...$25.5k
                  I have another savings of $2300.

Of course buying from the net have another hassle too, i had to go down Rolex centre and then AP centre to verify the watches.

All verified 100% authentic

Posting this topic is not to offend anyone and shops dealers, is just my true real life experience, i can understand your profit margins have to be high, you have rents to pay which easily above $10k every month, selling and buying thru shops dealers advantages are no hassle, just sell as one lot and you get cash fast, buying also less hassle with shops normally give you 3 to 6 months in house shop warranty. Any problem with the authentication you can just go back to the shops.

Posting here in SG-ROC selling and buying on your own is off course more troublesome and risk is alw there, so need to be careful and you save lots of money.

Conclusion, i just want to say thank you SG-ROC for this website, i have just saved a total of $9000 plus $2300 = $11300 which is a lot of money, along the way made some nice friends from this forum and many are real gentlemen

Comment

• thanks for sharing! tiring journey but a very fruitful one. Congratz!

Comment

• Originally posted by watchpassionist View Post
                      Recently i wanted to sell a few of my watches to upgrade to a AP bumblebee, a Patek 5712/1A and Rolex WG 116509 black.

For sale was a Pam311, Pam292, Pam 118, Patek 5167/1A and a AP Volcano, Rolex 116519. Total my cost estimated for all 6 watches were around $95k.

So with this lot i checked with few 2nd dealers shops. I was quoted in average....
                      Pam311....$18k
                      Pam118....$5.5k
                      Pam292....$8k
                      Patek 5167...$18K
                      Rolex 116519...$14.5k
                      Ap Volcano...$16k
                      Total $80k
                      A TOTAL loss of abt $15k

After consideration decided to sell here in this forum, going thru the hassle of taking photographs, postings, entertaining calls from genuine buyers, lowballers and enquiries calls at the wee hours.
                      Though is tiring, answering in the middle of the night and then meeting viewers in North south east west of Singapore, i sold 5 of my watches.

Total got back $89k
                      Total loss of $6k

As compared to $15k loss i cut down to $6k. I was sad for losing $6000 but yet happy i saved $9000 posting and seling on my own.
                      It was real troublesome but it was fun and exciting at the same time. Getting to meet buyers and viewers, discussing on watches, making more like minded friends here who are like me crazy abt watches.

I went down to Sincere, Cortina and Hourglass preparing with cash to buy my dream watches, almost all told me no stocks and no discount, if have also retail price.

Went down again to preowned shops to check, was quoted Rolex 116509 for $26.5k preowned, PP $39k preowned and bumblebee $31.8k new. Not comfortable as i feel is above market prices.
                      Managed to get some offers in the end from some genuine sellers here after seeing my WTB watches,

Of course buying from the net have another hassle too, i had to go down Rolex centre and then AP centre to verify the watches.

Posting this topic is not to offend anyone and shops dealers, is just my true real life experience, i can understand your profit margins have to be high, you have rents to pay which easily above $10k every month, selling and buying thru shops dealers advantages are no hassle, just sell as one lot and you get cash fast, buying also less hassle with shops normally give you 3 to 6 months in house shop warranty. Any problem with the authentication you can just go back to the shops.

Posting here in SG-ROC selling and buying on your own is off course more troublesome and risk is alw there, so need to be careful and you save lots of money.

Conclusion, i just want to say thank you SG-ROC for this website, i have just saved a total of $9000 plus $2300 = $11300 which is a lot of money, along the way made some nice friends from this forum and many are real gentlemen

Nice

Comment

• thanks for sharing

Comment

• I bought my watch from local AD cos I thought I can sell back to AD. though will incur a lost, it's convenient as I don't have to deal with alot of potential buyers and I can sell back any time. but I do agree that I can find bargains here sometimes.

Comment

• Hi how much for gmt2 ?

Comment

• Originally posted by Koala10 View Post
                              I bought my watch from local AD cos I thought I can sell back to AD. though will incur a lost, it's convenient as I don't have to deal with alot of potential buyers and I can sell back any time. but I do agree that I can find bargains here sometimes.
                              AD will not buy back from u.

Comment

• Originally posted by watchpassionist View Post

Pam311....$18k
                                Pam118....$5.5k
                                Pam292....$8k
                                Patek 5167...$18K
                                Rolex 116519...$14.5k
                                Ap Volcano...$16k
                                Total $80k
                                A TOTAL loss of abt $15k

Total got back $89k
                                Total loss of $6k

with a little patience and luck... lucky to get your dream watch n sales...

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X