No announcement yet.

Where to sell my Rolex watches

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Selling to 2nd hand shop definitely much lower price.

U can bring to a few for quotes.

What model u r selling?
    Audemars Piguet Ball Bell&Ross Cartier IWC Longines Omega Panerai Rolex Sinn Tissot

Alba Casio Citizen Roox Seiko

Wanted to add PP but bo lui

Comment

M-682736B with"W" serial
      M-68273 with "N" serial
      both with diamond

Comment

May I know any reliable pre-owned shop to recommend

Comment

Any pics? how much u selling

Comment

Peng Kwee is famous for selling high and buying low. NEVER go there.

I suggest you visit shops like Watch Arena, Chuan Watch.... let them offer you a price. Then post on the garage section of this forum with some mark up.

Logic is simple. These pre-owned shops are buying from you to sell so they must be confident of selling your watch at a mark up. So if they can offer you "X" price... you should be able to sell it at "X" price plus some mark up to direct buyers.

If you want to do more thorough research, you should go to even more shops and ask for the best prices for watch models/age similiar to yours. Then post in this forum to sell at a price in between the bid and offer price. That way.. its a win-win for both buyer and seller.

Good luck.

Comment

Thanks Ryan289 for your suggestion.

Comment

Comment

At SGROC's garage...can't go wrong man!

You post it at $200 above the dealer's buying price...trust me...within 3 hours sold!

Sometimes forgotten, but always contactable. Darkangel (2007-2014)

Comment

Like tat dealers here how to make money?

The Crown Of Achievement

Comment

Dealers got other lobangs mah... they buy from auctions, overseas, trade-ins, wholesalers...etc.

Comment

+1 ... If you really must sell it to a dealer, can try Top Hour, Visiotime, JW, etc.

Originally posted by Darkangel View Post
                        At SGROC's garage...can't go wrong man!

You post it at $200 above the dealer's buying price...trust me...within 3 hours sold!
                        运筹帷幄 决胜千里

Comment

Originally posted by psee View Post
                          +1 ... If you really must sell it to a dealer, can try Top Hour, Visiotime, JW, etc.
                          Hi psee,

May I know why particularly these dealers, pl?

Tx.
                          The Crown Of Achievement

Comment

Originally posted by watchpassionist View Post
                            Thank you all
                            I'm addicted to this forum so much that i gave up watching TV, glued myself to this forum hours after hours...
                            true true, me too. no more top gear. all recorded in scv but no time to watch. or switch on tv, eyes on laptop and ears on TV top gear, with my watch box beside me of cos!! haha
                            Daytona 116519 Meteorite, 16528 MK3 dia
                            Reb Sub 1680 MK2 x 2, mk4, MK6 BP ,116613LB Dia, 16610LV MK1
                            GMT 1675 Pepsi MK1, GILT BP,GMT 16753 Nipple Mocha x2 bp
                            GMT II 16760 Coke FAT Lady, 16758 nipple
                            DD 6611B x 2, 1803 RG, wide boy
                            DD 18038 Dia, 18039, 18308 dia
                            , 18238 malachite
                            DJ 6520, 6605, 6581, 1601/1603 x 6, 16220/30/34 cream
                            AP 15300 Black
                            Tudor 7016 small rose gilt dial
                            GP 18k RG
                            IWC Port 3714 Chrono
                            Chronoswiss Skeleton
                            Corum Bubble Lucifer

Comment

Originally posted by minimerc View Post
                              true true, me too. no more top gear. all recorded in scv but no time to watch. or switch on tv, eyes on laptop and ears on TV top gear, with my watch box beside me of cos!! haha
                              Welcome to this forum... you will fall head over heels for it, u willl feel on top of the world surfing here... wat m i talking abt? think i'm crazy already cos of this forum.....hahahaha. enjoy surfing your new founded love ... SG-ROC
                              [IMG]http://i1149.photobucket.com/albums/o590/photosnphotos/rolex-submariner-116619lb-021.jpg[/IMG]
                              [IMG]http://i1149.photobucket.com/albums/o590/photosnphotos/Rolex-Black-Dial-Daytona-116520.jpg[/IMG]
                              [IMG]http://i1149.photobucket.com/albums/o590/photosnphotos/Originals_23.jpg[/IMG]
                              [IMG]http://i1149.photobucket.com/albums/o590/photosnphotos/IMG_0491.jpg[/IMG]

Comment

Originally posted by watchpassionist View Post
                                Recently i wanted to sell a few of my watches to upgrade to a AP bumblebee, a Patek 5712/1A and Rolex WG 116509 black.

For sale was a Pam311, Pam292, Pam 118, Patek 5167/1A and a AP Volcano, Rolex 116519. Total my cost estimated for all 6 watches were around $95k.

So with this lot i checked with few 2nd dealers shops. I was quoted in average....
                                Pam311....$18k
                                Pam118....$5.5k
                                Pam292....$8k
                                Patek 5167...$18K
                                Rolex 116519...$14.5k
                                Ap Volcano...$16k
                                Total $80k
                                A TOTAL loss of abt $15k

After consideration decided to sell here in this forum, going thru the hassle of taking photographs, postings, entertaining calls from genuine buyers, lowballers and enquiries calls at the wee hours.
                                Though is tiring, answering in the middle of the night and then meeting viewers in North south east west of Singapore, i sold 5 of my watches.

Pam311....$19.2k thks to 2 bros from Indon
                                Pam118....$6.3k thks 2 bro from indon
                                Pam292....$8.5k thks bro M
                                Patek.......Still pending at $19.3k
                                Rolex.......$16.5k thks bro E
                                Ap volcano....$19.2k thks bro D
                                Total got back $89k
                                Total loss of $6k

As compared to $15k loss i cut down to $6k. I was sad for losing $6000 but yet happy i saved $9000 posting and seling on my own.
                                It was real troublesome but it was fun and exciting at the same time. Getting to meet buyers and viewers, discussing on watches, making more like minded friends here who are like me crazy abt watches.

I went down to Sincere, Cortina and Hourglass preparing with cash to buy my dream watches, almost all told me no stocks and no discount, if have also retail price.

Went down again to preowned shops to check, was quoted Rolex 116509 for $26.5k preowned, PP $39k preowned and bumblebee $31.8k new. Not comfortable as i feel is above market prices.
                                Managed to get some offers in the end from some genuine sellers here after seeing my WTB watches,
                                so bought the AP at ....$30.5k bnib G series
                                Rolex 116509 D series...$25.5k
                                I have another savings of $2300.

Of course buying from the net have another hassle too, i had to go down Rolex centre and then AP centre to verify the watches.

All verified 100% authentic

Posting this topic is not to offend anyone and shops dealers, is just my true real life experience, i can understand your profit margins have to be high, you have rents to pay which easily above $10k every month, selling and buying thru shops dealers advantages are no hassle, just sell as one lot and you get cash fast, buying also less hassle with shops normally give you 3 to 6 months in house shop warranty. Any problem with the authentication you can just go back to the shops.

Posting here in SG-ROC selling and buying on your own is off course more troublesome and risk is alw there, so need to be careful and you save lots of money.

Conclusion, i just want to say thank you SG-ROC for this website, i have just saved a total of $9000 plus $2300 = $11300 which is a lot of money, along the way made some nice friends from this forum and many are real gentlemen

What a great news to share. Though i'm relatively new in this forum, i can genuinely feel your joy and sincerity. Tangible gains ain everything.

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X