X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Try selling forum is the best !

Comment

• Originally posted by triton View Post
      singapore rolex club thank members like you who have managed to sell their watches and made new friends.

besides knowing new people, it is also an enriching experience to handle different types of customers.

more importantly, hope everyone managed to learn something no matter how small it is along the way.
      good reply 2 tumb up

Comment

• Just sell on this forum, don't sell to dealer, you will receive lesser than it's supposed value

Comment

• I'm really hoping to find a good watch here on the forum.

Comment

• Need to send 10 posts before can sell in the forum.?

Comment

• Originally posted by watchpassionist View Post
              Recently i wanted to sell a few of my watches to upgrade to a AP bumblebee, a Patek 5712/1A and Rolex WG 116509 black.

For sale was a Pam311, Pam292, Pam 118, Patek 5167/1A and a AP Volcano, Rolex 116519. Total my cost estimated for all 6 watches were around $95k.

So with this lot i checked with few 2nd dealers shops. I was quoted in average....
              Pam311....$18k
              Pam118....$5.5k
              Pam292....$8k
              Patek 5167...$18K
              Rolex 116519...$14.5k
              Ap Volcano...$16k
              Total $80k
              A TOTAL loss of abt $15k

After consideration decided to sell here in this forum, going thru the hassle of taking photographs, postings, entertaining calls from genuine buyers, lowballers and enquiries calls at the wee hours.
              Though is tiring, answering in the middle of the night and then meeting viewers in North south east west of Singapore, i sold 5 of my watches.

Pam311....$19.2k thks to 2 bros from Indon
              Pam118....$6.3k thks 2 bro from indon
              Pam292....$8.5k thks bro M
              Patek.......Still pending at $19.3k
              Rolex.......$16.5k thks bro E
              Ap volcano....$19.2k thks bro D
              Total got back $89k
              Total loss of $6k

As compared to $15k loss i cut down to $6k. I was sad for losing $6000 but yet happy i saved $9000 posting and seling on my own.
              It was real troublesome but it was fun and exciting at the same time. Getting to meet buyers and viewers, discussing on watches, making more like minded friends here who are like me crazy abt watches.

I went down to Sincere, Cortina and Hourglass preparing with cash to buy my dream watches, almost all told me no stocks and no discount, if have also retail price.

Went down again to preowned shops to check, was quoted Rolex 116509 for $26.5k preowned, PP $39k preowned and bumblebee $31.8k new. Not comfortable as i feel is above market prices.
              Managed to get some offers in the end from some genuine sellers here after seeing my WTB watches,
              so bought the AP at ....$30.5k bnib G series
              Rolex 116509 D series...$25.5k
              I have another savings of $2300.

Of course buying from the net have another hassle too, i had to go down Rolex centre and then AP centre to verify the watches.

All verified 100% authentic

Posting this topic is not to offend anyone and shops dealers, is just my true real life experience, i can understand your profit margins have to be high, you have rents to pay which easily above $10k every month, selling and buying thru shops dealers advantages are no hassle, just sell as one lot and you get cash fast, buying also less hassle with shops normally give you 3 to 6 months in house shop warranty. Any problem with the authentication you can just go back to the shops.

Posting here in SG-ROC selling and buying on your own is off course more troublesome and risk is alw there, so need to be careful and you save lots of money.

Conclusion, i just want to say thank you SG-ROC for this website, i have just saved a total of $9000 plus $2300 = $11300 which is a lot of money, along the way made some nice friends from this forum and many are real gentlemen

Actually Just go to any pawn shops. Tell them u want to pawn e.g S$2k. they need to verify the watch before the allow pawning. Once u get the money, pay the amt to the seller. Next day then redeem back the watch. Ur cost is only 20 dollars VS 107 charged by RSC

Comment

• would recommend to sell online. no "middle man fee"

Comment

• its a give and take thing..

Sell to dealer will lose more but u get the watch off immediately...

Sell online and u have to face low-ballers and ppl who simply can MIA after commitment... worst is after a price has been agreed upon...

Crossing fingers and hope I wont meet too many of such ppl....

Comment

• just to add on.... I sold one of my watches to Bronze Age at Hong Lim... They do take in at reasonable prices....

Comment

• Sian.. Why need to have 10 posts before can sell in the forum? Looking to sell 1 watch but have to go through this trouble..

Comment

• My first watch sell at ( watchforum.sg)

Comment

• Yes posting reply here to up the 10 post prereq. 1 down

Comment

• Thank you for your informative post

Thank you for your detailed and informative post, found it very helpful and relevant since I am new to this because I have a Rolex Cellini that I intend to put up on sale soon. I too have been to some shops locally here and found their offers so ridiculous that for a moment it was even offensive.

So will be trying my luck here... and then lets see.

Best.

Originally posted by watchpassionist View Post
                            Recently i wanted to sell a few of my watches to upgrade to a AP bumblebee, a Patek 5712/1A and Rolex WG 116509 black.

For sale was a Pam311, Pam292, Pam 118, Patek 5167/1A and a AP Volcano, Rolex 116519. Total my cost estimated for all 6 watches were around $95k.

So with this lot i checked with few 2nd dealers shops. I was quoted in average....
                            Pam311....$18k
                            Pam118....$5.5k
                            Pam292....$8k
                            Patek 5167...$18K
                            Rolex 116519...$14.5k
                            Ap Volcano...$16k
                            Total $80k
                            A TOTAL loss of abt $15k

After consideration decided to sell here in this forum, going thru the hassle of taking photographs, postings, entertaining calls from genuine buyers, lowballers and enquiries calls at the wee hours.
                            Though is tiring, answering in the middle of the night and then meeting viewers in North south east west of Singapore, i sold 5 of my watches.

Pam311....$19.2k thks to 2 bros from Indon
                            Pam118....$6.3k thks 2 bro from indon
                            Pam292....$8.5k thks bro M
                            Patek.......Still pending at $19.3k
                            Rolex.......$16.5k thks bro E
                            Ap volcano....$19.2k thks bro D
                            Total got back $89k
                            Total loss of $6k

As compared to $15k loss i cut down to $6k. I was sad for losing $6000 but yet happy i saved $9000 posting and seling on my own.
                            It was real troublesome but it was fun and exciting at the same time. Getting to meet buyers and viewers, discussing on watches, making more like minded friends here who are like me crazy abt watches.

I went down to Sincere, Cortina and Hourglass preparing with cash to buy my dream watches, almost all told me no stocks and no discount, if have also retail price.

Went down again to preowned shops to check, was quoted Rolex 116509 for $26.5k preowned, PP $39k preowned and bumblebee $31.8k new. Not comfortable as i feel is above market prices.
                            Managed to get some offers in the end from some genuine sellers here after seeing my WTB watches,
                            so bought the AP at ....$30.5k bnib G series
                            Rolex 116509 D series...$25.5k
                            I have another savings of $2300.

Of course buying from the net have another hassle too, i had to go down Rolex centre and then AP centre to verify the watches.

All verified 100% authentic

Posting this topic is not to offend anyone and shops dealers, is just my true real life experience, i can understand your profit margins have to be high, you have rents to pay which easily above $10k every month, selling and buying thru shops dealers advantages are no hassle, just sell as one lot and you get cash fast, buying also less hassle with shops normally give you 3 to 6 months in house shop warranty. Any problem with the authentication you can just go back to the shops.

Posting here in SG-ROC selling and buying on your own is off course more troublesome and risk is alw there, so need to be careful and you save lots of money.

Conclusion, i just want to say thank you SG-ROC for this website, i have just saved a total of $9000 plus $2300 = $11300 which is a lot of money, along the way made some nice friends from this forum and many are real gentlemen

Comment

• I understand why the moderator wants to do by implementing the 10 post rule - keep the spammers out, but also do feel that 10 is a high number - Agree with you.

Originally posted by ctg123sg View Post
                              Yes posting reply here to up the 10 post prereq. 1 down

Comment

• so SRC is the best place to sell/buy pre-owned watches!

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X