• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by triton View Post
    Sennheiser still better lah...
    Hahhaha...NOTED!

Originally posted by seiko.citizen View Post
    my favorite cans was my recabled DT880.... ultermately the best esp. with the canare cabling .............. but sold most of my rig since, and moved to vintage loudspeaker. luckily for me, I have neighbours who are very accomodating of my music (hokkien)

my current rig is as follows:
    source: laptop via AlianDAC, or DVD
    amp: kenwood KS-3k
    EQ: JVC
    Speakers: Celestion S15............ Made in UK

All vintage except my source. Also looking to building TWO mini^3 headphone amps ......... something gotta drive those Ety er4p/s
    Hahha u listen hokkien song 1 ah? Same here..hehe

Sometimes forgotten, but always contactable. Darkangel (2007-2014)

Comment

All vintage except my source. Also looking to building TWO mini^3 headphone amps ......... something gotta drive those Ety er4p/s
      Etymotics good? I'm using Shures. SE530, Love them, but have heard its better with headphone amps. Any to recommend?

Comment

Basically IMHO, brands like Bose and B & O are really 'nice to look at' only.
        I find them a bit ordinary perhaps I like bright cans. I'm more into John Grado.
        The Grado RS1 I find exceeds in audio fidelity. YMMV
        "夫君子之行:静以修身,俭以养德;非淡泊无以明志,非宁静无以致远。" - 诸葛亮

One should seek serenity to cultivate the body, thriftiness to cultivate the morals. Seeking fame and wealth will not lead to noble ideal. Only by seeking serenity will one reach far. - Zhugeliang

Comment

Originally posted by cmsoh View Post
          Etymotics good? I'm using Shures. SE530, Love them, but have heard its better with headphone amps. Any to recommend?
          Ety wise is more for outdoors usage as such IMO headphone amps are not necessary, amps works better at home with cans like Senn or any brands u prefer, it is really ur ears that judge. someone may like particular brands but u may not as u may find e sound not suited to ur taste.
          "夫君子之行:静以修身,俭以养德;非淡泊无以明志,非宁静无以致远。" - 诸葛亮

One should seek serenity to cultivate the body, thriftiness to cultivate the morals. Seeking fame and wealth will not lead to noble ideal. Only by seeking serenity will one reach far. - Zhugeliang

Comment

Anyway...how you guys find Sonic Gear ?

Comment

Originally posted by Darkangel View Post
              Hahha u listen hokkien song 1 ah? Same here..hehe
              yes, because my old man listen to hokkien song a lot... so i listen. However out of my sibling, only I will listen to hokkien song. The tune is very nice and sweet to listen to.

Originally posted by cmsoh View Post
              ety not bad, like mentioned it is for outdoor use. I use *when/if* i commute on public transport. a) it stop outside noise disturbing me and b) it stop my music disturb others.
              I use my ipod to drive my ety directly........ since the 30mWx2 is more then enough umph to drive them.

Originally posted by Nooch View Post
              Ety wise is more for outdoors usage as such IMO headphone amps are not necessary, amps works better at home with cans like Senn or any brands u prefer, it is really ur ears that judge. someone may like particular brands but u may not as u may find e sound not suited to ur taste.
              I have previously DIY my own tube setup and prefered the sound of tubes over SS for some time. Now im back to SS for the time being, somehow my ears twitching to build a monoblock (tube) for my newly acquired vintage speakers
              [U]Currently wearing[/U]:
              [SIZE="1"]TT Datejust with diamond dial - sold!
              Blue 6694
              Seiko SD-lookalike[/SIZE]
              [U]"My collection"[/U]:
              [SIZE="1"]Blue 6694; TT DJ w diamond dial.[/SIZE]

Comment

yes, because my old man listen to hokkien song a lot... so i listen. However out of my sibling, only I will listen to hokkien song. The tune is very nice and sweet to listen to.
                Well..that i have to agree...some how I really like them.

Comment

Well..that i have to agree...some how I really like them.
                  But harder and harder to find in S'pore now. Any tips where to find good and cheap? My old man go to AMK to buy, all kenna expensive and "buey tia" (lousy type).
                  nnb.... somemore some are oldies song remix
                  [U]Currently wearing[/U]:
                  [SIZE="1"]TT Datejust with diamond dial - sold!
                  Blue 6694
                  Seiko SD-lookalike[/SIZE]
                  [U]"My collection"[/U]:
                  [SIZE="1"]Blue 6694; TT DJ w diamond dial.[/SIZE]

Comment

But harder and harder to find in S'pore now. Any tips where to find good and cheap? My old man go to AMK to buy, all kenna expensive and "buey tia" (lousy type).
                    nnb.... somemore some are oldies song remix
                    True...really good 1s are hard to come by. For me I was lucky,my first CD I bought ..coz I was eating at kopitiam halfway..then i suddenly heard the song i was looking for all the while It was the pasar malam next to the kopitiam...then chiong there go and buy. I think $5 only.

2nd CD I bought was from Toa Payoh,TS video I think....I was there walking then I heard another song i was looking for. Of course I straight away chiong and buy on the spot without looking at the price. To my surprise...$3.50 only !! ohmygoodness! Damn cheap man! HEhe the cashier there asked me if i was buying for my mum...i just said yes...hahaha

But if you dun hav as much time to look ard for treasures like those...then I suggest maybe u can try People's Park Centre or ard there...I know there hav but how much i m not sure

Comment

How u find B&O? B&O better or Sennheiser?

Personally I hav a Sennheiser,the sound quality is there but funny leh the rubber is pathetic la...not even 1 year the wire inside is popping out already. Seen my friend using the B&O,design not bad but dunno about the sound
                      Which Senn model do you have? Quality can really vary between series.

Let's put it this way... It's like BMW 323 or 523. Essentially, they are 325 or 525 respectively. But it's created to fill in a price gap... a very good marketing ploy though. So... Sennheiser in that sense produced a lot of models to fill in every price range. Sennheiser is probably the only cans company that has covered every blade of grass for the cans market. And no one does it better.

So.... the real deals are the upscale models (like the HD650 as I mentioned). If budget is lower, you'll probably be better off with other makes.

Eerrr... the above is just IMHO... Beemer and/or Sennheiser fans don't flame me hor...
                      The ArmchairEconomist

Comment

Originally posted by armchaireconomist View Post
                        Hi,

Newbie here. This is my virgin post.

I'm into:
                        1) hifi
                        - 2 channel only, not home theatre. Still very much into LPs.
                        - So much so that I started a biz 4 years back. So-called retirement plan pushed 30 years ahead.
                        You got a hifi biz? Share share where is it located leh. Maybe I pay you a visit when free. I got an entry level rig at home ( mixture of CAL, Channel Islands, Audionote, JM labs).
                        Submariner 14060
                        Breitling Colt Auto II
                        Chopard Mille Miglia GMT
                        Bell & Ross BR03-92
                        MM20

Comment

Originally posted by bEnd1ck View Post
                          You got a hifi biz? Share share where is it located leh. Maybe I pay you a visit when free. I got an entry level rig at home ( mixture of CAL, Channel Islands, Audionote, JM labs).
                          My shop is at Beauty World. Just moved there...

BTW... your gear is hardly entry level.

I once owned CAL transport/DAC combo also. Very very nice...
                          As for Channel Island, it's only one of the two digital amp that I'm been impressed with. The other being Bel Canto. As for the other digital amps, I'll reserve my comments.

Like I said... Hardly entry level lah...
                          The ArmchairEconomist

Comment

wow..all the audio experts are in here eh...it seem there are are many high flyers in this forum...lolz....
                            Courage is what it takes to stand up and speak

Courage is also what it takes to sit down and listen

Quoted from Sir Winston Churchill

Comment

wah... Guru! another nice bike! bet u know Adrian and Ben then

Originally posted by sci70716 View Post
                              Toy collecting

12 inch military figures, saint seiya, transformers, 1/48 Macrosses, Zoids, Chogokins and recently, GI Joes. Pics below have not been updated for at least 2-3 yrs.

http://community.webshots.com/user/sci70716

Doing tri too since 2 yrs back. am riding a customised Guru Aero ti.

http://www.trifuel.com/Detailed/Aero_Ti-541.php

Comment

Audio Trio?

Originally posted by armchaireconomist View Post
                                My shop is at Beauty World. Just moved there...

BTW... your gear is hardly entry level.

I once owned CAL transport/DAC combo also. Very very nice...
                                As for Channel Island, it's only one of the two digital amp that I'm been impressed with. The other being Bel Canto. As for the other digital amps, I'll reserve my comments.

Like I said... Hardly entry level lah...

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X