Yours Truly...
    The ArmchairEconomist

Comment

haha...small world... i bought my SB3 from you

Originally posted by armchaireconomist View Post
      Yours Truly...

Comment

bro,

u are using CI Audio D-100 or D-200 mono?

cheers

Originally posted by bEnd1ck View Post
        You got a hifi biz? Share share where is it located leh. Maybe I pay you a visit when free. I got an entry level rig at home ( mixture of CAL, Channel Islands, Audionote, JM labs).

Comment

Originally posted by bEnd1ck View Post
          You got a hifi biz? Share share where is it located leh. Maybe I pay you a visit when free. I got an entry level rig at home ( mixture of CAL, Channel Islands, Audionote, JM labs).
          Entry level mine then is kenna rubbish tip level.

Originally posted by Darkangel View Post
          True...really good 1s are hard to come by. For me I was lucky,my first CD I bought ..coz I was eating at kopitiam halfway..then i suddenly heard the song i was looking for all the while It was the pasar malam next to the kopitiam...then chiong there go and buy. I think $5 only.

2nd CD I bought was from Toa Payoh,TS video I think....I was there walking then I heard another song i was looking for. Of course I straight away chiong and buy on the spot without looking at the price. To my surprise...$3.50 only !! ohmygoodness! Damn cheap man! HEhe the cashier there asked me if i was buying for my mum...i just said yes...hahaha

But if you dun hav as much time to look ard for treasures like those...then I suggest maybe u can try People's Park Centre or ard there...I know there hav but how much i m not sure
          thanks Darkie I know PPC got a few, also oldies remix type Me looking for something more updated. But I buy also no use, since my chinese not very strong, maybe my old man come back I ask him go and see.

IIRC tuas/jurong point also got, the price not so bad, about $3-5. Unlike the one at AMK.... at least $12+++
          [U]Currently wearing[/U]:
          [SIZE="1"]TT Datejust with diamond dial - sold!
          Blue 6694
          Seiko SD-lookalike[/SIZE]
          [U]"My collection"[/U]:
          [SIZE="1"]Blue 6694; TT DJ w diamond dial.[/SIZE]

Comment

Originally posted by Nooch View Post
            Ety wise is more for outdoors usage as such IMO headphone amps are not necessary, amps works better at home with cans like Senn or any brands u prefer, it is really ur ears that judge. someone may like particular brands but u may not as u may find e sound not suited to ur taste.
            Looks like more people into ear-muffler type headphones. What's the general comments of the sound quality as compared to in-ear types like Shure, Ety, Westones, etc?

I kind of like IEM as they're very comfortable to wear all day, those ear-muffler types are very uncomfortable as I wear spectacles, and they tend to press down on the specs.

Comment

Originally posted by seiko.citizen View Post
              thanks Darkie I know PPC got a few, also oldies remix type Me looking for something more updated. But I buy also no use, since my chinese not very strong, maybe my old man come back I ask him go and see.

IIRC tuas/jurong point also got, the price not so bad, about $3-5. Unlike the one at AMK.... at least $12+++
              No prob

My shop is at Beauty World. Just moved there...

BTW... your gear is hardly entry level.

I once owned CAL transport/DAC combo also. Very very nice...
              As for Channel Island, it's only one of the two digital amp that I'm been impressed with. The other being Bel Canto. As for the other digital amps, I'll reserve my comments.

Like I said... Hardly entry level lah...
              Hahaha...Beauty world...kinda close to my sch..lol I am at NP.

Which Senn model do you have? Quality can really vary between series.

Let's put it this way... It's like BMW 323 or 523. Essentially, they are 325 or 525 respectively. But it's created to fill in a price gap... a very good marketing ploy though. So... Sennheiser in that sense produced a lot of models to fill in every price range. Sennheiser is probably the only cans company that has covered every blade of grass for the cans market. And no one does it better.

So.... the real deals are the upscale models (like the HD650 as I mentioned). If budget is lower, you'll probably be better off with other makes.

Eerrr... the above is just IMHO... Beemer and/or Sennheiser fans don't flame me hor...
              mine is the earphone kind hahaha...sry la not as pro as u guys. Cannot afford too many hobbies also hehehe.OMX 50 IIRC?

But i do agree with you that Sennheiser has products which fill in every price range. Mine not that upscale yet..hehe maybe next time la..

Sometimes forgotten, but always contactable. Darkangel (2007-2014)

Comment

Originally posted by pingpong View Post
                haha...small world... i bought my SB3 from you
                Ya man... small world! And thank you so much for your support! SB3 is really a wonderful and innovative product... Really glad to be able to bring that in a couple of years back when no one really understood its potential. But I really think that it was the start of an era. But unfortunately we are not doing that anymore since Logitech took over SlimDevices. Sigh...
                The ArmchairEconomist

Comment

Originally posted by cmsoh View Post
                  Looks like more people into ear-muffler type headphones. What's the general comments of the sound quality as compared to in-ear types like Shure, Ety, Westones, etc?

I kind of like IEM as they're very comfortable to wear all day, those ear-muffler types are very uncomfortable as I wear spectacles, and they tend to press down on the specs.
                  In ear types are limited in freqency response because of the size of the driver. Vs the "muffler" type, the drivers can be much bigger so naturally, the highs will be higher and the lows are lower. Just a matter of physics. So in terms of sound quality, they sound better than in-ears. So more meant for serious listening...

As for in-ears, smaller lah. Easier to bring along to travel. If wear king size muffler type walking on the street look damn kuku man...
                  The ArmchairEconomist

Comment

Originally posted by Darkangel View Post
                    Hahaha...Beauty world...kinda close to my sch..lol I am at NP.
                    But i do agree with you that Sennheiser has products which fill in every price range. Mine not that upscale yet..hehe maybe next time la..
                    wait you go and visit the shop to listen to the high end stuff... but let me warn you, ignorance is BLISS ...... or as some people say, sorry about your wallet, since this is a never ending acquire of audio products.

of course sennheiser has products for every budget, just like rolex ..... Airking - base model > datejust - mid range > president - high end range.

I think one company good performance is Audio Technica... whether you are using the A900 or if you have money to spend, you can always get the W1000 series ....... ultimate bliss ...... someday I plan to buy back those W1000, but first need to get a amp that I can be happy with
                    Blue 6694
                    [U]"My collection"[/U]:

Comment

Originally posted by cmsoh View Post

i personally uses a Westone U1, was my first IEM. The thing abt IEMs are that they can list out all the fine notes and if u use the TRi-flange or a soft buds it'll block out all the noise ie to use in buses or MRTs.

For amps wise, it is better suited for cans IMO.
                      "夫君子之行:静以修身,俭以养德;非淡泊无以明志,非宁静无以致远。" - 诸葛亮

One should seek serenity to cultivate the body, thriftiness to cultivate the morals. Seeking fame and wealth will not lead to noble ideal. Only by seeking serenity will one reach far. - Zhugeliang

Comment

Originally posted by Nooch View Post
                        i personally uses a Westone U1, was my first IEM. The thing abt IEMs are that they can list out all the fine notes and if u use the TRi-flange or a soft buds it'll block out all the noise ie to use in buses or MRTs.

For amps wise, it is better suited for cans IMO.
                        but if you use the ER4S, amping almost becomes a requirement
                        Blue 6694
                        [U]"My collection"[/U]:

Comment

Audio Trio?
                          Yours Truly...
                          Alex?

bro,

u are using CI Audio D-100 or D-200 mono?

cheers
                          Oh, its my DAC that is CI Audio. VDA2. My poweramp is DIY by EAM, using Hypex Ucd180AD, dual mono config.
                          Submariner 14060
                          Breitling Colt Auto II
                          Chopard Mille Miglia GMT
                          Bell & Ross BR03-92
                          MM20

Comment

All you guys hav healthy hobbies..fishing, cycling, golfing, toy modelling etc.

Mine is mostly indoor,

- Stock speculation (been doing that since my poly days, and i really enjoy the process of buy-sell)
                            - computer gaming (wasting time, but just can't stop)
                            - lim beer, lim wine..
                            - swimming (seldom do so now, as the public pool water near my house is getting dirtier).
                            Current Inventory
                            Explorer II Black (M)
                            Submariner LV (M)
                            Datejust TT
                            Omega Speedmaster Date
                            Adidas (my 10yrs workhorse)

Comment

Originally posted by seiko.citizen View Post
                              wait you go and visit the shop to listen to the high end stuff... but let me warn you, ignorance is BLISS ...... or as some people say, sorry about your wallet, since this is a never ending acquire of audio products.

of course sennheiser has products for every budget, just like rolex ..... Airking - base model > datejust - mid range > president - high end range.

I think one company good performance is Audio Technica... whether you are using the A900 or if you have money to spend, you can always get the W1000 series ....... ultimate bliss ...... someday I plan to buy back those W1000, but first need to get a amp that I can be happy with
                              i have to agree with you about this being a never-ending cycle in order to attain audio nirvana. I lost count the amount of amps, speakers, cables, etc that has gone thru' my system. End of the day, it's about contentment. At this point of time, I'm happy with my system and have no plans to muck around with it...

It's the same as any hobby... contentment is important. So it's not really about cost if you look at it that way. That's why I believe in building systems on a budget, small or big and bringing that smile on my face.

Anyway... agree with you on AT.. they do have some really good budget cans. Beyer Dynamics as well... but I prefer their pro series.
                              The ArmchairEconomist

Comment

i have to agree with you about this being a never-ending cycle in order to attain audio nirvana. I lost count the amount of amps, speakers, cables, etc that has gone thru' my system. End of the day, it's about contentment. At this point of time, I'm happy with my system and have no plans to muck around with it...

It's the same as any hobby... contentment is important. So it's not really about cost if you look at it that way. That's why I believe in building systems on a budget, small or big and bringing that smile on my face.

Anyway... agree with you on AT.. they do have some really good budget cans. Beyer Dynamics as well... but I prefer their pro series.
                                as ive said.....ignorance is bliss ............. but the human being never content, therefore no matter how hard you try, impossible to be happy. It is a matter of time.
                                Blue 6694
                                [U]"My collection"[/U]:

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X