Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pls suggest a watch you would buy for your wife

Hiya...

Thinking of getting my wife an expensive time piece (>S$5,000) cos she dun even have a single exquisite time piece. Actually, she is not a watch person but all the more I feel like buying something for her. Also she has been a good mother to my boy and now carrying my little gal.

Looking at getting a nice dress ladies watch which she can wear to work and dinners, she likes one with diamond (as she like the chorpards with diamond inside) and not those chuncky types. Also I would want it to be an automatic watch... I didn't want to get her a Chorpard as I dun feel its worth the $$ its commanding AND their movement is nothing to shout about lah.. (I may be wrong here though....)

Some of the brand and models I've considered are :

1) Rolex lady datejust with diamond markers and MOP dial in TT bracelet
    2) JLC but have not narrowed on any particular model as I hear most of the ladies watch models are NON-automatic???

Pls suggest the models, prices and even pictures of the timepieces you intend to get your wife / mistresses / XMM or fiancee etc.. and maybe share share why you decided on it?? Cheers!!!

Desired horologes ...

- IWC Portuguese Automatic
    - GMT II
    - GMT IIc TT
    - Reverso Squadra Hometime (7008620)/ Reverso Squadra
    - Master Eight Days (1608420)
    - U1
    - IWC Aquatimer

An exquisite timepiece, brings timeless memories and precious moments...

Originally posted by jazz_samz View Post
    Hiya...

Thinking of getting my wife an expensive time piece (>S$5,000) cos she dun even have a single exquisite time piece. Actually, she is not a watch person but all the more I feel like buying something for her. Also she has been a good mother to my boy and now carrying my little gal.

Looking at getting a nice dress ladies watch which she can wear to work and dinners, she likes one with diamond (as she like the chorpards with diamond inside) and not those chuncky types. Also I would want it to be an automatic watch... I didn't want to get her a Chorpard as I dun feel its worth the $$ its commanding AND their movement is nothing to shout about lah.. (I may be wrong here though....)

Some of the brand and models I've considered are :

1) Rolex lady datejust with diamond markers and MOP dial in TT bracelet
    2) JLC but have not narrowed on any particular model as I hear most of the ladies watch models are NON-automatic???

Pls suggest the models, prices and even pictures of the timepieces you intend to get your wife / mistresses / XMM or fiancee etc.. and maybe share share why you decided on it?? Cheers!!!

i think girls are more into jewellery leh... my wife like tht 1... also usually dont wear watch cos they carry babe/ kids mah, scare kanna/ scratch them...

if i say buy here watch, she can hv or dont hv, really does matter, also girl fussy 1, u better let her choose ( least frm pic, later u buy leow, she dont like )...

Comment

since it is the first one and this being the rolex forum - MOP with diamond markers since u say more than 5k no say limit.

alternatively UN caprice
      if you have issues with your account, click here for self help and read forum rules here. 90% of your answers can be found in Forum FAQ

i DO NOT respond to any pm regarding account issues

kindly email with
      1. subject heading indicating your issue
      2. your nick
      3. your corresponding email address
      4. state what you were trying to do and what the system prevented you to do

if you receive no response in pm or email, it means your answers can be found in the Forum FAQ here

your kind understanding is very much appreciated.

disclaimer : all opinions expressed are personal

Comment

UN Caprice.. hmm.. go check it out.. hehe thanks triton..

Aiya for wife, but of course I dun wana go >$15k lah.. since I believe it would be her 1 and only expensive watch.. moreover, it can be a heirloom for my daughter to come... kill 2 bird with 1 stone. ahahahaha

Desired horologes ...

- IWC Portuguese Automatic
        - GMT II
        - GMT IIc TT
        - Reverso Squadra Hometime (7008620)/ Reverso Squadra
        - Master Eight Days (1608420)
        - U1
        - IWC Aquatimer

An exquisite timepiece, brings timeless memories and precious moments...

Comment

then one of the models of caprice within budget. plain one is less than 10k with diamonds is <15k

it is a squarish face watch. there is also the ladies' divers model which is round shape. also within 15k

but hor, if <15K,go for the MOP diamond markers lah. if u need me to go down with u, give me a tinkle.

Originally posted by jazz_samz View Post
          UN Caprice.. hmm.. go check it out.. hehe thanks triton..

Aiya for wife, but of course I dun wana go >$15k lah.. since I believe it would be her 1 and only expensive watch.. moreover, it can be a heirloom for my daughter to come... kill 2 bird with 1 stone. ahahahaha
          if you have issues with your account, click here for self help and read forum rules here. 90% of your answers can be found in Forum FAQ

kindly email with
          2. your nick

if you receive no response in pm or email, it means your answers can be found in the Forum FAQ here

Comment

I had similar budget early this year and bought my wife a EXP I

Comment

Hv similar sentiments; to get my wife a good n branded watch. I'm tilted more towards ROLEX. If nt, Omega. Will save up for a diamond ladies' model.
              The Crown Of Achievement

Comment

how about this one?

Frédérique Constant's Chocolate Double Heart Beat with all the blings blings, automatic inhouse movement and it's unique.
                d e a r.l y - because they are worth it...

w a s t i n g m y t i.m e

Comment

For the ladies...Rolex TT MOP is the way to go Diamond dial

Can also get a Chopard Happy Sport,Happy diamond,Happy Heart also that time I showed the pics...very nice also!

Sometimes forgotten, but always contactable. Darkangel (2007-2014)

Comment

So you intend to get her
                    1) something she wants
                    2) something you want but you cant wear
                    3) or something you want her to want?

Most of us will pick a Rolex ah, I also dont understand what's the big deal with designer boutique watches. But girls want watches for the "pretty factor", i feel.

Chopard Happy Sport, u dont pay for the quartz mechanism, but for the superb workmanship surrounding the exquisite dancing diamonds. If u tilt it really slightly, it will spin and dance. No one could replicate that.

My gf's first chopard was a nightmare, but she still like Chopard. And she still got another Chopard for herself in the end. Take a look at Happy Sport Mark II, with MOP dial, and 7 diamonds, after less, only 6K. And got upgrade possibility; she intends to add a heart.

Another nice watch is the El Primero Glam Rock with the open Star. My gf likes that too
                    Just a 16613 Blue TT Sub

Comment

heng my wife's sinn MOP is less than 2k....

kindly email with
                      2. your nick

Comment

Hi Sam,

how abt a Cartier Santos?

"夫君子之行:静以修身,俭以养德;非淡泊无以明志,非宁静无以致远。" - 诸葛亮

One should seek serenity to cultivate the body, thriftiness to cultivate the morals. Seeking fame and wealth will not lead to noble ideal. Only by seeking serenity will one reach far. - Zhugeliang

Comment

Originally posted by Bluedevil View Post
                          So you intend to get her
                          1) something she wants
                          2) something you want but you cant wear
                          3) or something you want her to want?

Most of us will pick a Rolex ah, I also dont understand what's the big deal with designer boutique watches. But girls want watches for the "pretty factor", i feel.

Chopard Happy Sport, u dont pay for the quartz mechanism, but for the superb workmanship surrounding the exquisite dancing diamonds. If u tilt it really slightly, it will spin and dance. No one could replicate that.

My gf's first chopard was a nightmare, but she still like Chopard. And she still got another Chopard for herself in the end. Take a look at Happy Sport Mark II, with MOP dial, and 7 diamonds, after less, only 6K. And got upgrade possibility; she intends to add a heart.

Another nice watch is the El Primero Glam Rock with the open Star. My gf likes that too

I love this too

Sometimes forgotten, but always contactable. Darkangel (2007-2014)

Comment

How about a GĂ©rald Genta "Bi-Retrograde" or "Retrograde" ??

Very nice and unique ....
                            Body Of Fat, Heart Of Gold.

Comment

Originally posted by Nooch View Post
                              Hi Sam,

how abt a Cartier Santos?

highly reccomended
                              Opportunities come once

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile