Discussion : Singapore Property

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by 116520 View Post
    I will just assume your combined salary is $8k+ (since you mentioned that) and if you don't own a car or buy many rolex watches every month, I think you can look at those (not new one) 99-yr apts in suburban areas, I think you still can get 2 or even 3 rooms apt (depends on location and facing).

Also the there is no correlation between of number of rooms you have vs. number of kids you can have. I have friends staying in big house with 10 rooms but have no kids and I have friends staying in 2 room but having 4 kids....
    Bro, I have a car and I don't buy many watches a year. And I don't even have a daytona (like you)... haha...

A 99 years apt say in district 5, Clementi, size 1000sqft, costs about $800k to $900k for a new or slightly new. A 20, 30 years old costs abt $700k++.

A 5rm, 30 years old flat costs abt $500k, 4rm costs abt $400k++, 3rm around $230k++. Now I need to have a rm for my mum, plus my mother-in-law, plus kids in the future. I agree with you that you don't need to have a big house to have kids, but I want to provide a decent quality living for my family. I'm just hoping to get reasonably priced house this year w/o forking out too much dough. And I do not want to be a house slave.

Bro, you should know how much it costs to have a kid in Singapore.

Comment

• Originally posted by exxondus View Post
      Hao Lian King can only buy resale due to his combined income. Hence, def not new ones even at suburban areas.

and he cant get grant as well I think. Not sure about HDB loan tho. In govt eyes, he is considered v v rich le (of cos, they don look at their own minister's pay as comparison lah.)
      Bro, I am not rich. Other bros here who own many watches are richer than me... I am one of those stuck in between. Not rich enough to buy pte housing and not eligible to buy new hdb. Well 3 years ago, with what I have now I can easily buy a freehold condo 1300sqft in district 5. You understand the feeling?

Comment

• Bro, I totally understand how you feel. I am a house slave too. I am having a 35-year loan and during that time my loan was also 80%.

When I bought my house in 2004, the property market was "dead". When I bought my house, many of my older relatives ask me why I buy a house when market was so bad, etc... now I consider myself lucky. On the other hand, most of the property prices in sg will only go up and never come down. So if you need to buy a house for own use, just buy it. If you buy one for investment, I believe many bros will tell you wait and see. If you are really not comfort with the present prices, I think you should wait for another 3-4 months and see. But I think property will not go back to 03 or 04 level in near future.

Originally posted by Haolian King View Post
        I agree with you that you don't need to have a big house to have kids, but I want to provide a decent quality living for my family. I'm just hoping to get reasonably priced house this year w/o forking out too much dough. And I do not want to be a house slave.

Comment

• Originally posted by Haolian King View Post
          Bro, I am not rich. Other bros here who own many watches are richer than me... I am one of those stuck in between. Not rich enough to buy pte housing and not eligible to buy new hdb. Well 3 years ago, with what I have now I can easily buy a freehold condo 1300sqft in district 5. You understand the feeling?
          yeh, i understd fully. I also stuck in a 30 year loan with HDB. haiz...
          I dont need another watch, I dont need another watch, I dont need another watch, I dont need another watch.........

Comment

Bro, I totally understand how you feel. I am a house slave too. I am having a 35-year loan and during that time my loan was also 80%.

When I bought my house in 2004, the property market was "dead". When I bought my house, many of my older relatives ask me why I buy a house when market was so bad, etc... now I consider myself lucky. On the other hand, most of the property prices in sg will only go up and never come down. So if you need to buy a house for own use, just buy it. If you buy one for investment, I believe many bros will tell you wait and see. If you are really not comfort with the present prices, I think you should wait for another 3-4 months and see. But I think property will not go back to 03 or 04 level in near future.
            totally agree !! bro u sure made a hefty sum ha !!
            i only think that price will only rise this yr, the more u wait the more u pay.

Comment

no point looking back bro. if u dun act now, 3 yrs later u will tell urself that 6 yrs ago u can get a 3000sqft in D5 with wat u hv then.
              i think we are lucky to be living in this era, if Singapore property market were to become like Japan(which will happen one day), don say buy, rent also siong man !!

Comment

• ha ha.... that time we will have to stay in JB.... ha ha....

Originally posted by jamhoe2 View Post
                no point looking back bro. if u dun act now, 3 yrs later u will tell urself that 6 yrs ago u can get a 3000sqft in D5 with wat u hv then.
                i think we are lucky to be living in this era, if Singapore property market were to become like Japan(which will happen one day), don say buy, rent also siong man !!

Comment

ha ha.... that time we will have to stay in JB.... ha ha....
                  JB can buy bangalow with a merc and hire a ahmad...

Comment

• On a serious note, I feel that Malaysia now is like Sin in the 80s, 90s, in our parents' era. So if really one day Sin become like Japan, HK, then I really think more S'porean will buy houses there and stay there. No joke...

Comment

JB can buy bangalow with a merc and hire a ahmad...
                      ya loh, dont understand how they can build so cheap .. .like rm200k for a terrace... tht's abt 80k sg$.
                      tok abt construction nia for a terrace( less land )... at least also 5x the price.

Originally posted by Haolian King View Post
                      quite alot and my 4th one coming

Comment

• Wow! 4th one!! Congrats!! PAP love you...

Originally posted by pet View Post

Comment

Wow! 4th one!! Congrats!! PAP love you...
                          ya loh...my 1 and only vote....i vote for them wht... hahaha... but donkey yrs ago... hahaa

i doing my part for singapore at night mah ...

now, for my own interest ... please raise the cda for 4th child to 18k

Comment

• wait long long....
                            Originally posted by pet View Post
                            please raise the cda for 4th child to 18k

Comment

• Originally posted by pet View Post

Faint.... I can't imagine me having 4! Although I would love to, but costs of living really too high here.

A CPA friend once told me even if I win the Toto top prize S$6M, I cannot afford to retire at 45. And that's not including having kids! I think he exagerates a bit, but sadly he is right...

Comment

• Back to the topic, reading the title of this thread again, "Measures to cool property market needed to avoid drastic measures later: PM Lee", I think it is not the 2 new measures that will scare away foreign or local property investors. I think it is the "to avoid DRASTIC MEASURES LATER" that could kill the market.

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X