This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thread Closed : Per TS Request

Hi everyone ! I am just curious if we could organize a watch fair in Singapore for secondhand dealers ( only secondhand dealer )& watch fanactics to show & sell their watches ? I guess it's going to be the first in SG as far as I am concern ( I have got no idea if we had ever had this before ) . People could bring their watches there to sell & trade , who knows ! You may learn more knowledge about watches from there !!! We could also imply admission fees to cover the cost as well as balance for charity ! Just my 2 cent worth of thoughts , anyway if I had post in the wrong section ( seems like here are more popular ) I am really sorry & I hope moderator could shift for me . Thanks for reading .

Hmm 1 issue, those who have 1 or 2 watches to sell, compared to big timers...will be abit...out of place don't you think so?

It would be cool but to have something big scale I don't think it's recommended, small scale better lah. Easier to control.

Sometimes forgotten, but always contactable. Darkangel (2007-2014)

Comment

There is a flea market at china square central every sunday. There are 3 to 4 stalls selling preowned rolex, hublot, omega, seiko and many vintage watches.

Comment

if it is for private sellers exclude commercial sellers, it would be interesting. however, for commercial sellers, most of them have shops already.
        if you have issues with your account, click here for self help and read forum rules here. 90% of your answers can be found in Forum FAQ

i DO NOT respond to any pm regarding account issues

kindly email with
        1. subject heading indicating your issue
        2. your nick
        3. your corresponding email address
        4. state what you were trying to do and what the system prevented you to do

if you receive no response in pm or email, it means your answers can be found in the Forum FAQ here

your kind understanding is very much appreciated.

disclaimer : all opinions expressed are personal

Comment

I think it is a good idea. I recalled having brought this almost similar idea up to be included as one of the features for an anniversary gathering but there was no follow-up. A small scale, 'garage-like' sale is more feasible. It should not also limit to just private sellers as anyone who wishes to buy/sell/trade can take part. I believe some of the local car forums are doing that, i.e. someone organises a gathering/meet-up and welcomed people to sell their items at the gathering.

Tx for the suggestion.
          The Crown Of Achievement

Comment

hmm its a good idea, but on a secondary level, would there be the potential issue of dispute on watches?
            Most of the buyers now, verify their watches at RSC or somewhere. So if you have a fair, some users might not be able to verify the watches at that moment in time. Ends up, its more of a show casing what stock the dealers or sellers are having on hand?

Plus such a event, even on small scale, it would have to be a hush hush event for security purpose?
            Don't trust anyone too much, even your own shadow leave you when you are in darkness.

Comment

Originally posted by MsLucifer View Post
              hmm its a good idea, but on a secondary level, would there be the potential issue of dispute on watches?
              Most of the buyers now, verify their watches at RSC or somewhere. So if you have a fair, some users might not be able to verify the watches at that moment in time. Ends up, its more of a show casing what stock the dealers or sellers are having on hand?

Plus such a event, even on small scale, it would have to be a hush hush event for security purpose?
              maybe we could invite some watch technicians maybe 1 or 2 to be on site with their tools to do vertification and we pay the technicians a nominal fee and for those who need this services also pay the vertification fee to the technicians.

The event if held, had to be near CBD during weekend will be good as buyer might not bring so much cash on hand to do transaction and if near CBD, most of the banks are there for them to complete the transaction and CBD area usually are not that crowded during weekend.
              累了才放慢脚步; 错了才想到后悔;苦了才懂得满足;伤了 才明白坚强; 醉了才知道难忘 ; 笑了才体会美丽!

是否我沉默了,你才能听到我的心声?是否我停止了,你才能看到我的眼泪?是否我心碎了,你才会摸到我的心痛?是否我消失了,你才会知道我的存在?

Comment

Maybe we can have an independent watch serviceman/expert to open up case and verify it? But that's also up to the buyer & seller cos some of them want to bring to RSC.

Sometimes forgotten, but always contactable. Darkangel (2007-2014)

Comment

Verification or not depends heavily on buyers. If one is bent on doing a verification of authenticity, will an 'independent' watch technician there help? The idea of having one present at the sale is good but the hassle of it all may not be worth. I feel that sellers/traders can be innovative. He/she can choose to bring just few watches and have a catalogue for the other watches he/she wishes to sell. The catalogue can be in the form of a book/note/net-book, even an iPad. Moreoever, if a buyer wants to buy a watch at the sale and needs verification, he/she can place a deposit for it and arrange for another appointment with the seller/trader to do the verification. To me, it is like SG-Roc's sales sections in physical form.

The Crown Of Achievement

Comment

This is a great idea and I think there will be good respond when time goes on.

As mention by Bro illusion84,CBD will be a good spot during weekend.Maybe can try getting a small portion in flea market at china square central.They have this market almost every weekend saturday and sunday.It will be good for a start.

Just a suggestion.Interested buyers and seller can bond their deal thru a transaction with SG-ROC with a minimum sum.Then this dollars will go for the rental charges.

As for verification,I think Darkangel is right because it still depends on buyer decision.Some just want to have the peace of mind by going to RSC.

Comment

let me try to work with some companies who are willing to authenticate the watches for a nominal sum. however, most are for rolex watches only.
                      if you have issues with your account, click here for self help and read forum rules here. 90% of your answers can be found in Forum FAQ

i DO NOT respond to any pm regarding account issues

kindly email with
                      1. subject heading indicating your issue
                      2. your nick
                      3. your corresponding email address
                      4. state what you were trying to do and what the system prevented you to do

if you receive no response in pm or email, it means your answers can be found in the Forum FAQ here

your kind understanding is very much appreciated.

disclaimer : all opinions expressed are personal

Comment

Security part .. no worries .. i can arrange that

Comment

Great idea! Sometimes i bought in bulk from pakistan dealers. They come in every 2 months. I also dun know where to sell mix brand watches which i've 80pcs. Some r not seen here.

Comment

Action speaks louder than words ! I think we start off by contributing money !
                            I start off by $200 , I know it's not big amount but with the number of participants , we should be Able to rent a good place to do this .
                            1) Reymon
                            2) ...

Comment

Oops sorry forgotten to highlight ! I am not going to be in-charge of handling of money , someone must do the dirty job hehehe

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X