Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

yes, can hold it in a hotel room if someone is kind enough to pay for room cost. if you say each seller pay $2 to contribute to the room cost, how many people needed? then again? there is a max number of participant in a room due to SCDF guidelines for fire safety. i am just being realistic.

i got no confidence that the media will turn up.

Originally posted by wong View Post
    Agreeded !!! But can we still held the event in the hotel ? Look we are talking about thousands of dollars with all the expensive watches that is going to be display in the fair , it's not a pasar malam thingy & if media happen to know about this , I am sure they will come & film too don't you guys agreed ? ( of course I don't want to be shown on tv ) but if we could capture their attention , if so more people will know our existence & to do a big scale next time will be much easier .
    Last request , can all personel interested to meet up & maybe we could hang around somewhere to discuss about this & I think it will be much better ! I suggest Tuesday 7:00pm . What do you think ?
    if you have issues with your account, click here for self help and read forum rules here. 90% of your answers can be found in Forum FAQ

i DO NOT respond to any pm regarding account issues

kindly email with
    1. subject heading indicating your issue
    2. your nick
    3. your corresponding email address
    4. state what you were trying to do and what the system prevented you to do

if you receive no response in pm or email, it means your answers can be found in the Forum FAQ here

your kind understanding is very much appreciated.

disclaimer : all opinions expressed are personal

Comment

Hotel room too small.

Convention room too big n ex.

I will go for start small at some cafe like at regular meet up.
      Maybe hotel cafe / brunch ? Each just pay their own
      Audemars Piguet Ball Bell&Ross Cartier IWC Longines Omega Panerai Rolex Sinn Tissot

Alba Casio Citizen Roox Seiko

Wanted to add PP but bo lui

Comment

Sorry guys I don't know what to suggest anymore ..... Suriously speaking , if I know of a fair with location like cafe or so , do you think I would bring all my 8 watches with boxes along ? I won't feel safe either . If itis in hotel function room , I can feel it's something more grand & watch fanactic that comes in will not be those of a passer by to see what's going on ...... At least those that come for the fair we are confident that they are there to buy some nice and good watches ..... Well anyway good luck guys , I look forward for your call ......

Comment

Triton by the way I think you have to read my message again , I mention that all brothers in here contribute $200 and those that comes in to buy watches at the fair pay $4 .....

Comment

Sorry I don't mean all brothers !!! It's all those brothers that is willing and wanna sell their watches contribute $200 . this amount may just gone to the drain but we should have achieve something in return ....

Comment

are you referring to this post that i have to read again? it is mentioned that there is a cover charge of at least $4 sg. i guess you say at least $4 which is $2 to charity and $2 to preparation for next one. orh. but then again you also mention that go and buy watches. so those who go and dont buy dont need to to pay right?

Darkangel if fund is enough , I think we book a room in some hotel with refreshment as well but than I would like to have cover charge of at least $4 sg , we shall give $2 to charity & $2 for preparation for the next one is everything runs well ! What do you think ! At the same time , for those bro that manage to sell their watch , we should charge a small fees as well like example :
              1) $2000 - $100
              2) $3000 - $150
              Etc........
              This fund is to support for the next fanactic fair . No body can excuse including organiser ....... Do you think my idea is good ?
              Triton by the way I think you have to read my message again , I mention that all brothers in here contribute $200 and those that comes in to buy watches at the fair pay $4 .....
              if you have issues with your account, click here for self help and read forum rules here. 90% of your answers can be found in Forum FAQ

kindly email with
              2. your nick

if you receive no response in pm or email, it means your answers can be found in the Forum FAQ here

Comment

so now is all who is willing even those not participating can contribute? if this is the case, i am not willing because i did not achieve something in return as i cannot visualize how but confirm go down the drain as you mentioned.

or you mean those who are selling @ the watch event who are willing to contribute 200? in this scenario, if all sellers not willing to contribute, how ah? the cost of room who pay ah? do you know the cost of booking a hotel room?

Sorry I don't mean all brothers !!! It's all those brothers that is willing and wanna sell their watches contribute $200 . this amount may just gone to the drain but we should have achieve something in return ....

kindly email with
                2. your nick

Comment

you don't feel safe ah? just to share with you, couple of friday ago, our post anniversary gathering @ a local cafe, there was a member who brought 4 watches to share with us. we were not in any hotel function room. i agree with you, it is grand to hold in a hotel function room.

however, i am not confident that if they are there, they will buy. why? i can safely tell you that some of the local AD located in orchard road where they had close to 100 walk-in customers daily and not all 100 of them buy watches. i have attended the big 3 AD annual sales last year, i did not buy any watches @ the event either.

so can you tell me on what grounds when you say " we are confident that they are there to buy some nice and good watches"? who are the 'we'. also what is nice and good watches to you may not be nice and good watches to me.

Sorry guys I don't know what to suggest anymore ..... Suriously speaking , if I know of a fair with location like cafe or so , do you think I would bring all my 8 watches with boxes along ? I won't feel safe either . If itis in hotel function room , I can feel it's something more grand & watch fanactic that comes in will not be those of a passer by to see what's going on ...... At least those that come for the fair we are confident that they are there to buy some nice and good watches ..... Well anyway good luck guys , I look forward for your call ......

kindly email with
                  2. your nick

Comment

Mr wong, though I do favour your suggestion initially, I think you are getting a little too ambitious here. The big & richer watch companies do hold such events at the hotel venues. We are simply a very localized, warm and friendly forum and to have a large scale, profiteering activity as what you seem to be suggesting may not go well with the forum. But it is not that we do not want to do this at all, take it easy dude. One step at a time.
                    The Crown Of Achievement

Comment

It's ok bro , I rest my case ...... I am wrong from the beginning ok ? Take it that I had never raise this topic , I am out ..... Cheers !

Comment

Please close tread thanks .

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
                        Working...
                        X