No announcement yet.

Some 10 weird questions people asked and answers when buying watches

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1...I received buyers who want to reserve a watch i m selling for a week to two. Asked him for a meagre $100 deposit but no time to do transfer. Tht here Singapore have atms everywhere? Regardless u walk, take bus, mrt or drive.

2... Buyers who MIA! Fly plane , grandfather grandmother stories, even a buyer who told me he needs to sell family heirloom to get my watch i wonder is he referring to his family jewels in between the legs?

3...As usual the same old tricks ..haggle and haggle to ask for bargain. After that needs to ask wife, treasurer, finance minister, paymaster to ask for permit to go ahead with the deal. Are u a henpecked or pussy-whipped? Don't forget u are the one who poked!

Above just a joke, gentlemen and Mrs.... dun get offended

Comment

• ...LIKE!

Comment

• Seems like some buyers really go all out to piss ppl off.

Comment

• Originally posted by steve1968tan View Post
          Recently been posting some watches for sale

Weird questions i received regards my sales like...

1... how many winds your watch reach max? can tell me exactly when the watch stops after your max winding? total how many hours and minutes till it stop? seriously how many of us keep track?

2.... after agreeing price, need to wait for finance minister (wife) to agree some more? Next time ask your treasurer/finance minister/daddy/mummy first la

3.... installment plan ? reserve till pay day? i now oversea can reserve for me till i come back? very common 'potential' buyers are asking...Full installment paid up then u get the watch

4... can get the original box and certificate for me then i buy..box still can get, original cert gone beyond the winds how to get?

5.... you accept other country currencies? i got no time to go money changer. I'm curious, the buyer has thousands of foreign currencies and free time to view sg-roc but no time to go money changer

6....super low ballers who can slash your price by 50%! try your luck somewhere else, u are wasting your time more by doing this to everybody

7....usual questions... any digit of 4? pls... Panerais come in size 44mm, before u buy, is already double 44 .

8...can tell me the s/no of your watch? the shop u buy? got original purchase of receipt, how much u pay? The watch for sale is preowned at 2nd price, if you expecting all these documents, suggest you buy brand new and pay 1st hand price lei

9....bargain over $50 when the sales of watch is above $10k....If you are dealing with thousands of dollars, pls don't bargain over $50 la

10...using a low value watch market of $2k to $3k to trade straight a panerai....There is this thing call internet and sg-roc. The price of your watch can check in the market easily lor

No offence to anybody just posting this thread for humourous purposes and readings only

Comment

• Buying luxury watch...be it new or used, is just like renovating your HSE.If you dun have the money, then dun push yourself too hard to impress others...however, I noticed that 60~70% are such....well... I guess you know who u re....

Comment

• Just to add on...many people said buying certain luxury watch is a `investment`...which I think its amusing...maybe for some...in my humble opinions ,watches are for visual and emotional appreciation..another word..rubbing your ego when u have the money...I dun think buying a Rolex @ $8k~$30k , hold for 10~20 years and sell it can consider as an investment...(have we considered the servicing fee?)..no offence to anyone out there....just my 2 cents...

Comment

• Truly amusing and honestly valid points. I guess it is not on selling/buying watches but in general everything the DNA is always there.

Comment

• That's the freedom of the buyer, they can ask and ask and the seller always have to answer if he would like to sell his watch.

Comment

• Originally posted by bamdazzle View Post
                    1...I received buyers who want to reserve a watch i m selling for a week to two. Asked him for a meagre $100 deposit but no time to do transfer. Tht here Singapore have atms everywhere? Regardless u walk, take bus, mrt or drive.

2... Buyers who MIA! Fly plane , grandfather grandmother stories, even a buyer who told me he needs to sell family heirloom to get my watch i wonder is he referring to his family jewels in between the legs?

3...As usual the same old tricks ..haggle and haggle to ask for bargain. After that needs to ask wife, treasurer, finance minister, paymaster to ask for permit to go ahead with the deal. Are u a henpecked or pussy-whipped? Don't forget u are the one who poked!

Above just a joke, gentlemen and Mrs.... dun get offended

But why cant meet and deal? got to verify the watch anyway

Comment

• Heard from a friend , new trend now is some buyer tends to offer a price and when seller agrees. The buyer will answer i am in oversea now, tell seller to hold watch for weeks till he is back And then MIA.

Comment

• lol than how

Comment

• Haha true

So true... especially the negotiating for $50 when buying something over 10K !!! Haha

Comment

• Somebody asked my friend what the '200m' marking on dial means. He thought it means how many meters from shore you can go.

Comment

• Originally posted by tikonen View Post
                              Somebody asked my friend what the '200m' marking on dial means. He thought it means how many meters from shore you can go.
                              No. It is how many metres you should keep away from the sea when you are wearing the watch
                              The Crown Of Achievement

Comment

• yup i have one guy asking me....

is your rolex made in Switzerland?
                                i almost vomit blood...

another asking me the COSC number(not the serial number) of my rolex movement in the watch.
                                Er...I really dont know haha.

I have one question that I think quite a few people ask for the sake of asking.
                                'Why do you want to sell your watch'

I was wondering is the person looking for answers like
                                1. Because I drop my watch
                                2. Because there is a dent
                                3. Because i lose a lot of money in my business (people are quite superstitious picking up watches which bring them bad luck)
                                4. Because i think the longer I hold on to the watch, the more I will lose in its value.

but yes, usually i will answer all question politely regardless the person is a genuine buyer. Because not all buyers are seasoned watch people. I was once very ignorant too.

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X