Nice Car or watches?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Lison30E View Post
    Thank you bro rougehog for your feedback on VW. I was seriously considering the scirocco
    because of the coming Coe changes but now steering far far away from this brand!!
    No worries. Usually I would tell people not to base on my opinion alone but this time around, I'd dare say you should not even consider VW. although their 6-spd box is more reliable with the wet clutch, you might never know what else could be wrong with the car.

Originally posted by Trinidad View Post
    At one point i also considered to buy the scirocco for my wife.
    But decided against wasting money.
    Bot her a Jap to ferry the kids daily.
    Easy to maintain and easy to drive
    you made the best choice of your life.

Since we are on this topic, I might as well repeat what were replaced on my golf:
    1) clutch changed 2 times. When I relieved it, it was already running on the 3rd set of clutch.
    2) mu changed 2 times.
    3) headlamp condensation. changed.
    4) water pump changed (old one caused another infamous issue called the bird chirping issue).
    5) auxiliary fan not working. replaced.
    6) air-cond unit faulty. replaced.
    7) both front window winders faulty. replaced.
    8) Steering rack faulty. replaced.
    9) both brake light holders burnt out/ melted. replaced.
    10) major leak through gap between chassis and rear door during first month of ownership. Door realigned but not flushed. looked like it had an accident and was badly repaired.

all these within the first 3 year warranty period. tranmission warranty was extended for another 2 years with no cap on mileage.
    I don't have enuf watches but I will stop buying now!
    http://roguehogticktock.blogspot.sg/

Comment

• Originally posted by roguehog View Post
      No worries. Usually I would tell people not to base on my opinion alone but this time around, I'd dare say you should not even consider VW. although their 6-spd box is more reliable with the wet clutch, you might never know what else could be wrong with the car.

Since we are on this topic, I might as well repeat what were replaced on my golf:
      1) clutch changed 2 times. When I relieved it, it was already running on the 3rd set of clutch.
      2) mu changed 2 times.
      4) water pump changed (old one caused another infamous issue called the bird chirping issue).
      10) major leak through gap between chassis and rear door during first month of ownership. Door realigned but not flushed. looked like it had an accident and was badly repaired.

all these within the first 3 year warranty period. tranmission warranty was extended for another 2 years with no cap on mileage.
      Thats terrible.

The time and effort wasted to right those issues are already crazy.
      I hope you didnt have to pay a cent.

Comment

• Indeed. I've never owned a car that was warded so often.

Comment

• Originally posted by roguehog View Post

2) mu changed 2 times.

sorry to hear about this.
          the VW golf GTi was around when I was looking to sell my 156 then. It had the infamous selespeed problem but none as bad than this. I did consider the GTI back then but am glad I didn't.

good thing u didn't have to pay since its under warranty.....
          swift1.0/sunny1.6/sonata2.0/156JTS/Brera3.2V6/MINI cooper S cabrio/Grand Picasso/S300L

Comment

• Originally posted by Lison30E View Post
            Thank you bro rougehog for your feedback on VW. I was seriously considering the scirocco
            because of the coming Coe changes but now steering far far away from this brand!!
            I know one guy who has 2 red VW (a polo and a roc) and is always showing them off.......

Now I think I know why he needs 2 cars LOL!!!
            swift1.0/sunny1.6/sonata2.0/156JTS/Brera3.2V6/MINI cooper S cabrio/Grand Picasso/S300L

Comment

• Originally posted by yattokame View Post
              sorry to hear about this.
              the VW golf GTi was around when I was looking to sell my 156 then. It had the infamous selespeed problem but none as bad than this. I did consider the GTI back then but am glad I didn't.

good thing u didn't have to pay since its under warranty.....
              Now you drive S300, you need to note the air suspension and the control arm bushings and auto window pulleys.

I think i might end up with an S too in time to come

Or who knows maybe a Panamera like Daywalker!

Comment

• Originally posted by yattokame View Post
                I know one guy who has 2 red VW (a polo and a roc) and is always showing them off.......

Now I think I know why he needs 2 cars LOL!!!
                Maybe two not enough....haha.

Late vw owners come in a flame us, hah

Comment

• the gti's 6-spd box is a lot more reliable. so far the problem is limited to the 7-spd dry box.

Comment

• Hi, I am a Jetta Sports owner for near to 3 years.

After 15k, air con unit spoil, wait for them to order and changed. Asked my salesman to pay for cleaning the unit as there was bad smell from the air con.

Just after 45k, the radiator leak! Have to stay at the shop for 3 days! The rep gave me $50 rebate for taxi fare.

Now decided to change my car before going for the next 60k service. Gave up on the $50 rebate.
                    Collections:

Panerai Luminor Singapore Edition PAM00432
                    Rolex 1680 Red Sub MKI
                    Rolex 1680 Red Sub MKII Tropical
                    Rolex 5513 Maxi MK1 Sub
                    Rolex 1665 Great White MKII Rail Dial
                    Rolex Daytona 16523 MKI Porcelain Dial
                    Rolex Submariner 16610LV MK1 Y Series
                    Rolex Daytona 6265 Big Red
                    Patek Philippe Nautilus 5980/1A
                    Omega Speedmaster Professional Snoopy White

Comment

• Someone in the vagsg forum actually commented that Vw should change their slogan from "Das Auto" to "Dust Auto".

Comment

• dude, I can confirm even the 6 wet speeder also have problems.

I know one of them personally.

Car was down in bolehland.....

Originally posted by roguehog View Post
                        the gti's 6-spd box is a lot more reliable. so far the problem is limited to the 7-spd dry box.

Comment

• **** that's bad what kinda issues with the tranny in the 6-spder?

Comment

• Car to me more impt than watch/......but life is a balance...so u need a gd watch too

Comment

• think i'll say something positive on VW
                              i drive a Golf R32. one of the nicest cars i've had to be honest, in terms of performance and practicality. sure, it's a bit of a gas guzzler with its 3.2 V6, but it's hard to go back to driving 4cyl cars after driving V6s and V8s.

save for the normal wear and tear stuff (engine oil, transmission fluids, battery, brake pads etc), i've not had a major issue or breakdown (touchwood!) with the car so far. the 6spd DSG gearbox is silky smooth, and there's no way I can outshift a DSG with a manual tranny. the boot space is more than ample and a godsend, considering the fact that i had a 2-seater before the R.

so i for one wouldn't mind getting a VW again in future.
                              at the end of the day, regardless of the brand/make, sometimes it's down to luck of the draw and also how the owner drives/maintains the car. there're some 20-30yr old cars out there that easily put some 3-4yr old cars to shame
                              What's in the box:
                              • Patek Philippe 5726A
                              • IWC Portu Chrono 3714-14
                              • Panerai 187 Subzilla
                              • Garmin Fenix 3

Comment

• Nice watches because... a car is soul-leeching.

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X