Nice Car or watches?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by retrovox View Post
    You don't really own a car in Singapore. You merely rent it for 10 years and that's it.
    TRUE..... and it drops 30% in value the day u drive it from showroom...... Rolex? nope plus only needs a service every 5 years... no car does that
    ROLEX.

Comment

For those who are willing to spend 90k on a piece of paper instead of a watch, I really have nothing to say.

Comment

Cars of course! our whole family can enjoy the ride, and sit comfortably in it, right?

Watches ?? can only wear on your own wrist, maybe sometimes our dads will borrow for dinners

Comment

The government needs to make adjustment to the coe formula... Now it already efeats the purpose of coe. Imagine this. A 4.3L ferrari pays the same as a 2.0 camry for coe, doesnt make sense at all

The 2 ways i think will fine tune the system are:
          1) the more ex the car is, the more coe it will be. Perhaps coe of 30-40k for a toyota altis as benchmark.

2) coe remains at 30-40k for 1st car n it gets more expensie for 2nd car onwards

Someone who earns 50k pays a different tax rate from someone who earns 1.5mil wat

Obviously the 90k coe doesnt bother those useless sit there do nothig ministers like tin pei lin...... Ministersssss, u r getting way too much salary n this is the reason u dun feel the pain we r facing in life!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by eastsider View Post
            The government needs to make adjustment to the coe formula... Now it already efeats the purpose of coe. Imagine this. A 4.3L ferrari pays the same as a 2.0 camry for coe, doesnt make sense at all

1) the more ex the car is, the more coe it will be. Perhaps coe of 30-40k for a toyota altis as benchmark.

2) coe remains at 30-40k for 1st car n it gets more expensie for 2nd car onwards

Someone who earns 50k pays a different tax rate from someone who earns 1.5mil wat

Obviously the 90k coe doesnt bother those useless sit there do nothig ministers like tin pei lin...... Ministersssss, u r getting way too much salary n this is the reason u dun feel the pain we r facing in life!!!!!
            TPL is Member of parliament leh... She is not minister...

Comment

Ok pls allow me to correct my statement.

I was refering to all ministers, members of parliament, top ranked top salary government servants etc....

Comment

I don't agree with you on the more ex the car is the more coe it will be. The purpose of coe is to control the number of cars on road and not to control the number of ferrari or camry on road...

I also don't agree with you on coe remains at 30-40k for 1st car n more ex for 2nd car onwards... I use my name to buy my "1st" car to drive on road, then when my wife needs a car, I use her name to buy her "1st" car to drive on road, then when I get richer, I use my grandfather's name (obviously not driving anymore) to buy his "1st" car for me to drive on road...

get the picture?

Originally posted by eastsider View Post

Comment

Nobody really owns a car here in sg for coe being a factor.
                  10yrs up and you pay god knows how much to keep it for another 10yrs.

Therefore the term buy a car might have to be changed.
                  The coe system doesn't work, everybody who has some sense will know that.

As much as i hate to say this, the erp system might be a better way to control the number of vehicles entering certain areas during certain times.
                  Proper road planning is critical, the percentage of citizens who are qualified (right age with driving license) to own a car is pretty much known.
                  Therefore max number of cars on the road at 1 time can be calculated. You can own 10 cars, but can you drive all 10 at the same time?

Watch is different, you buy it, its yours, forever. Until the day you decide to part with it.
                  And if you have fore sight, you might even make a handsome profit. I have made good profits over a couple of watches, e.g. sea dweller, bought $4950 in 2006, sold $6500 late last year.

I have a friend, he can well afford to get a car but he doesn't. He spends it on watches and has built up quite a collection today, he is also a member of these forum. Over the 10 years i have known him, i dare say the value of his watches has probably increased by at least 25%, try that on a car, a $300k 7 series would be worth $50k at the end of 10years.

What i am saying is, my take on this topic is a no brainer, watches anyday over a car....

You can own a 1m lambo, it stays in the parking lot, my $100k patek goes with me to the restaurant and makes the chicks all giddy...

Comment

Agreed, different view points but at the end of the day everyone would love to own something that isn't theirs.... As long as we live life without regrets that is the most important

Comment

Im diving out to get at Patek and a Lambo..... raining chicks !! LOL !!!!
                      ROLEX.

Comment

That is correct. You cannot fake a Lamborghini.

When you press "unlock" on a lambo for chicks to ride.
                        You "unlock" other stuff to ride too.

No need risk go court.

See news on sg female about blue collar.
                        Audemars Piguet Ball Bell&Ross Cartier IWC Longines Omega Panerai Rolex Sinn Tissot

Alba Casio Citizen Roox Seiko

Wanted to add PP but bo lui

Comment

Originally posted by Watcha View Post
                          That is correct. You cannot fake a Lamborghini.

When you press "unlock" on a lambo for chicks to ride.
                          You "unlock" other stuff to ride too.

No need risk go court.

See news on sg female about blue collar.
                          yes you can... see this

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DyQX0hRaf-g
                          ROLEX.

Comment

Originally posted by Dfive View Post
                            Im diving out to get at Patek and a Lambo..... raining chicks !! LOL !!!!
                            Please check their identification to ensure that they are over 18 lols.....

Comment

Well, u meet the girl with the patek first, before getting to pick her in the lambo.
                              Chicks that r easy to unlock, you better don't enter, if not you might come out with a lot of unwanted extras.

If a chick don't know what a patek is, then u don't need a lambo, a nissan 200sx with bodykit and loud exhaust will do.

We love fine watches, fine cars and of course fine chicks, not rubbish bins.... hahaha

Comment

Originally posted by jinchua View Post
                                Well, u meet the girl with the patek first, before getting to pick her in the lambo.
                                Chicks that r easy to unlock, you better don't enter, if not you might come out with a lot of unwanted extras.

If a chick don't know what a patek is, then u don't need a lambo, a nissan 200sx with bodykit and loud exhaust will do.

We love fine watches, fine cars and of course fine chicks, not rubbish bins.... hahaha
                                Cool but not all fine chicks know about pateks bro or even so Lambos.... there was recently a 'fine chick' unmarried that came out on the papers who owned a ferrari and know about the better things in life, is she your kettle of fish??lol....

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X