No announcement yet.

Nice Car or watches?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

between car and watch, i would go for watch.

buy the 'right' brand and/or 'right' model, the depreciation should be lesser than that of a car.

for those whose members in a family is either under 12 or above 55 or certain medical condition, a car is some what a necessity especially during an medical emergency or visit to any health care service provider. (nice car does not apply here, have car can already)

for those in outdoor sales doing at least 3 multiple stops and/or picking up clients, a car is 'must' as well. (nice car maybe necessary especially if there is a need to project professional image)
    if you have issues with your account, click here for self help and read forum rules here. 90% of your answers can be found in Forum FAQ

i DO NOT respond to any pm regarding account issues

kindly email with
    1. subject heading indicating your issue
    2. your nick
    3. your corresponding email address
    4. state what you were trying to do and what the system prevented you to do

if you receive no response in pm or email, it means your answers can be found in the Forum FAQ here

your kind understanding is very much appreciated.

disclaimer : all opinions expressed are personal

Comment

Originally posted by triton View Post
      why cannot import?
      cannot get complied. even if i wait until the car is 15 years old, cannot import.
      [U]Currently wearing[/U]:
      [SIZE="1"]TT Datejust with diamond dial - sold!
      Blue 6694
      Seiko SD-lookalike[/SIZE]
      [U]"My collection"[/U]:
      [SIZE="1"]Blue 6694; TT DJ w diamond dial.[/SIZE]

Comment

cannot get compliance is due to no dealer attempt to get it complied or till today no one attempts to do so?

if attempted and does not get complied, then any reason given if any

Originally posted by seiko.citizen View Post
        cannot get complied. even if i wait until the car is 15 years old, cannot import.
        if you have issues with your account, click here for self help and read forum rules here. 90% of your answers can be found in Forum FAQ

i DO NOT respond to any pm regarding account issues

kindly email with
        1. subject heading indicating your issue
        2. your nick
        3. your corresponding email address
        4. state what you were trying to do and what the system prevented you to do

if you receive no response in pm or email, it means your answers can be found in the Forum FAQ here

your kind understanding is very much appreciated.

disclaimer : all opinions expressed are personal

Comment

As for car and watch, I currently wearing a sieko premier and driving a Honda crv. I am thinking of getting my 1st Rolex soon but all sports models are great. A tough decision to decide.
          [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
          A Crown for Every Achievement
          Life is Nothing Without Style

Comment

Originally posted by triton View Post
            cannot get compliance is due to no dealer attempt to get it complied or till today no one attempts to do so?

if attempted and does not get complied, then any reason given if any
            If im not wrong, got dealer attempt to bring in, but cannot get approved. not sure of reason why. however for those thinking of migrating, can buy one, use for one year and bring it in as personal import (yellow plate)
            Blue 6694
            [U]"My collection"[/U]:

Comment

buy mark X. i reckon should give the scirocco/c class a run for its money, still got change left over to upgrade some parts

tbh, i wouldnt mind a mark X in perth. too bad my country wont allow me to import
              Bro they have the celsior or mark v tourer!

Comment

Or if you own the car in another country for a number of years? Studied and lived in Perth for the first half of my Australia stay and you guys don't have to get an rwc for cars for that state?

Anyway why bother as a scirocco R only cost 49k new?

Comment

Originally posted by Throttle
                  Actually, what is considered a nice car and what is a nice watch?

All relative, aint it?
                  Dreams are no longer dreams when it becomes a reality!

Comment

Originally posted by monstaR View Post
                    Bro they have the celsior or mark v tourer!
                    no point getting celsior since insurance will be a ***** to deal with. easier to buy a LS400 and mod to celsior specs (such as rear massaging seats), as for mark V; its aged abit. i have soft spot for mark X.

Or if you own the car in another country for a number of years? Studied and lived in Perth for the first half of my Australia stay and you guys don't have to get an rwc for cars for that state?

Anyway why bother as a scirocco R only cost 49k new?
                    Problem is you have to be in that country and own the car for one full year. Whilst we may not have RWC, there is limited choice in compliance workshops for imported cars. common imports like skyline, celsior. more "exotic" imports like elgrand need to have compliance in sydney, registered in sydney, and transferred/couriered to perth

should go and try out a scirocco one of these days. no chance to try.
                    Blue 6694
                    [U]"My collection"[/U]:

Comment

Heard that the wait list is long for the scirocco R nowin Australia.... Given that they have waited for 4 years before deciding to bring in only the R model but @ 49k AUD that is lesser than 1/3 of the price when converted to SGD equivalent....

Also rego/ road tax is same for all capacities . As for insurance, I normally go third party for Celsior or Mark V in Australia....

Comment

... for insurance, I normally go third party for Celsior or Mark V in Australia....
                        what about comprehensive insurance? i had my car bang by an idiot who tried to push me out whilst merging (wheel already cross white line) and caused damage. with comprehensive insurance, i just give rego + driver details and let them deal with it.
                        Blue 6694
                        [U]"My collection"[/U]:

Comment

Originally posted by Throttle
                          for many of us, reality is not fulfilling the dream becos that would be simple.

reality is choosing not to fulfil the dream.

hoho
                          Ha ha! Good one....

Comment

what about comprehensive insurance? i had my car bang by an idiot who tried to push me out whilst merging (wheel already cross white line) and caused damage. with comprehensive insurance, i just give rego + driver details and let them deal with it.
                            Not much of an issue... Had third party for one of my cars in Perth and this lady took me out from the back on the kwinana(forgot how to spell) freeway. I took down her details and insurance coy and did the claim myself.... Unless you meet some fella without insurance, then making the claim will be very difficult.

Comment

Tough call. Wouldn't give up my subclv & gmt2c for dream merc c class. Wouldn't give up my vw golf for dream patek either.

Comment

Originally posted by dennistwc View Post
                                Agreed with u provided you hv thick pocket...
                                My take is to utilize the energy, time and resources to earn more $ instead of thinking, comparing and being stuck in the dilema. That way, can make pocket thick thick.
                                [FONT="Tahoma"]Without Passion, life is only Motion! [/FONT]

[IMG]http://i456.photobucket.com/albums/qq284/billykueek/Enter%20the%20Dragon%202012/395563_10150512819558051_2012130430_n-1-1.jpg[/IMG] [IMG]http://i456.photobucket.com/albums/qq284/billykueek/Enter%20the%20Dragon%202012/405925_10150512819323051_580368050_8870312_1160894759_n-1-1.jpg[/IMG]

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X