No announcement yet.

europe in feb

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi, don't know much about watch prices in Europe, but can offer a little insight about prices in Switzerland.

You see, 90% of my ang-moh colleagues are from different parts of Switzerland (Zurich, Bern, Luzern etc you name it), all gave me the same answer: "Buy it here!"

My boss who is also quite a watch fan said that in Singapore, the AD are smarter as they give you some discount, make you happy, they clear their stock and increase their turnover. Back home, the "snob" factor is higher and it's a "take it or leave it" mentality. Even he himself buy his watches here.

However, if it's a model w/o any discount given in here or Europe, then you will most likely benefit from the saving on the VAT.
    If I manage to go Italy next year, I will check out the prices there and keep you all updated.
    Pam 232
    Pam 164
    Pam 49

Comment

Originally posted by ghost View Post
      Then someone saw my LV sub a year ago and started asking me how much i'd paid. I told him 8800, and he started chuckling, saying he got his SS black daytona for abt 11-12K in switzerland (darvos? i think). He said over there prices are a lil higher than here but there's no "towkay premium"....

Also, one of my bosses told me (now this must be 2004) that he paid 3000 bucks for his black roly explorer 2....amidst some chuckling with glee as well....

So i dunno......but my buddy says its cheapest in HK. He paid 1G less than me for his LV sub!

CCB. I'm not bitter
      moral of the story is ......some ppl get all the luck. so long as you are happy with ur purchase, that is most important
      if you have issues with your account, click here for self help and read forum rules here. 90% of your answers can be found in Forum FAQ

i DO NOT respond to any pm regarding account issues

kindly email with
      1. subject heading indicating your issue
      2. your nick
      3. your corresponding email address
      4. state what you were trying to do and what the system prevented you to do

if you receive no response in pm or email, it means your answers can be found in the Forum FAQ here

your kind understanding is very much appreciated.

disclaimer : all opinions expressed are personal

Comment

From what i've gleaned from the people i've met along the way:

My german colleague used to trash his watch around all the time. The strap itself reminded me of some colour club (remember them?) watch i won 20 years ago....i was like what the hell man, what kinda watch is it that he was abusing so? Then on closer inspection, it turned out to be an IWC! Holy crapola! He told me he stays in a town in germany just on the precipice of the border with switzerland (not sure if it was schauffhausen itself), and the watches there go on PUSSY BLOWOUT in the summer!

Then someone saw my LV sub a year ago and started asking me how much i'd paid. I told him 8800, and he started chuckling, saying he got his SS black daytona for abt 11-12K in switzerland (darvos? i think). He said over there prices are a lil higher than here but there's no "towkay premium"....

Also, one of my bosses told me (now this must be 2004) that he paid 3000 bucks for his black roly explorer 2....amidst some chuckling with glee as well....

So i dunno......but my buddy says its cheapest in HK. He paid 1G less than me for his LV sub!

CCB. I'm not bitter
        if i can find the daytona you mentioned at 12k i sure grab!keeping my fingers crossed.
        Rolex TTsub
        Rolex precision
        Rolex air king
        Rolex ss datejust
        Rolex explorer II
        IWC Portofino Chrono

[U][I][B]Wishlist
        Breitling Avenger
        Rolex GMT master II
        Sinn Tempus Edt

Comment

Originally posted by terencehu18 View Post
          if i can find the daytona you mentioned at 12k i sure grab!keeping my fingers crossed.
          12k @ SGD or USD?

list price of black face 116520 is S$12900
          if you have issues with your account, click here for self help and read forum rules here. 90% of your answers can be found in Forum FAQ

i DO NOT respond to any pm regarding account issues

kindly email with
          1. subject heading indicating your issue
          2. your nick
          3. your corresponding email address
          4. state what you were trying to do and what the system prevented you to do

if you receive no response in pm or email, it means your answers can be found in the Forum FAQ here

your kind understanding is very much appreciated.

disclaimer : all opinions expressed are personal

Comment

Originally posted by triton View Post
            12k @ SGD or USD?

list price of black face 116520 is S$12900
            considering ghost said his friend got one at 12k and its a good price i assume should be sing la.if
            US12k or EURO12k(worse)then there is no difference from local premium prices.
            Rolex TTsub
            Rolex precision
            Rolex air king
            Rolex ss datejust
            Rolex explorer II
            IWC Portofino Chrono

[U][I][B]Wishlist
            Breitling Avenger
            Rolex GMT master II
            Sinn Tempus Edt

Comment

Hi terrence, actually, it was a patient's father, not a friend.....and this was about a year ago...those rotten swiss buggers may have raised the prices by now.....

Heh, ive been bugging my air stewardess friend to go investigate for me too!
              There is no true love, just a finely tuned jealousy

Comment

Hi terrence, actually, it was a patient's father, not a friend.....and this was about a year ago...those rotten swiss buggers may have raised the prices by now.....

Heh, ive been bugging my air stewardess friend to go investigate for me too!
                do hope that i come back with good news.
                Rolex TTsub
                Rolex precision
                Rolex air king
                Rolex ss datejust
                Rolex explorer II
                IWC Portofino Chrono

[U][I][B]Wishlist
                Breitling Avenger
                Rolex GMT master II
                Sinn Tempus Edt

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop