Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Way sound like a china car

Comment

But i m still seeing lts of VW on the road leh.
      I dont need another watch, I dont need another watch, I dont need another watch, I dont need another watch.........

Comment

Originally posted by exxondus View Post
        But i m still seeing lts of VW on the road leh.
        It's the 4th best selling car in Sg, its just the 7 speed gearbox giving a hell of a lot of problems for some bros.
        Lucky thing I got the 6 speed, so far, no major issues. My heart goes out to Bro Rougehog...
        Sweet 16:
        PP Aquanaut
        VC Overseas
        AP ROO Black Themes
        A.Lange & Sohne 1815
        Breguet Type XXI
        Blancpain 50 Fathoms
        JLC Navy Seals
        GO Senator 60s
        GP Laureato
        Zenith Pilot Extra Special
        Rolex DSSD
        IWC Big Pilot
        Pam 112
        Omega Ploprof
        Breitling Super Avenger
        Glycine F104

Comment

Heard so many negative things abt vw 7 speed dsg...but ppl are stil buying it!

Comment

Originally posted by jster View Post
            Heard so many negative things abt vw 7 speed dsg...but ppl are stil buying it!
            cos it conti mah... sgreans all want face but vw is just a b&b brand in europe...

than it come with warranty, so they think it ok... but they nv think of the time wasted visiting & waiting @ the workshop.....
            buy a watch u like & please wear it......

Comment

wow... didn't know vw 7speed so problematic !!!

Comment

Originally posted by toffeesthings View Post
                It's the 4th best selling car in Sg, its just the 7 speed gearbox giving a hell of a lot of problems for some bros.
                Lucky thing I got the 6 speed, so far, no major issues. My heart goes out to Bro Rougehog...
                Oh ic. Anyway cant afford. I stick with my asian cars for now haha.
                I dont need another watch, I dont need another watch, I dont need another watch, I dont need another watch.........

Comment

Wah, so many negative response... Think will stick to my Jepun car till the end of the COE (anyway now also cannot afford the down payment )

Comment

you made my day

Originally posted by roguehog View Post
                    They offer the following absolutely free!

1) free flow of no big deal coffee and lousy nespresso coffee.
                    2) free wifi at their facility.
                    3) free walking time bomb - the flash of death will come without warning ( the infamous 7-speed transmission).
                    4) unlimited blood boiling experience dealing with most of the service staff and management.
                    5) an opportunity to familiarize yourself with the staff and the vcs facilities with countless visits to vcs.
                    6) free heart attacks through the faults you will experience from the car and through dealing with vcs staff.
                    7) free long wait till your coming service booking ( at least 1 1/2 to 2 months).
                    8) a car to bring home for test drives ( if you are really, really lucky).
                    9) a Very Worrisome total ownership experience you will never ever forget.
                    10) free visits to the vcs workshop time and again.

All the best to your foray into our world. Won't be in the same club as you for long cos I have had enuf if their freebies. Decided to move on.

Comment

Just to share more juicy stuff with you guys.

I hitch a ride with the truck driver back to vcs last Thursday. He told me mine was the second car he picked up wth the same problem that day. As of last Thursday, he had already picked up 5 cars with the same transmission problem. He added ghat he recently picked up a new golf ( test drive car) from tangling road. It was stalled by the same mechatronic unit problem.

So to those who believe their sales men that the new golf is different, you be the judge.

Picked up my Golf today. Straight away, slight juddering detected. But I'll just live with it till my new ride is ready.
                      I don't have enuf watches but I will stop buying now!
                      http://roguehogticktock.blogspot.sg/

Comment

dwdwdwd

Comment

My VW Jetta broke down when I was helping my bro on his wedding day, so pai sei! It was about 30k mileage and less than 2 years old. The repair took 3 days though and no problem since then excerpt for the juddering at 2nd gear. The engine is really quite amazing, for 1.4l to produce that kind of torque and power. Was wondering why can't they just use a conventional autobox or CVT?
                          Submariner 16610
                          Datejust 16014

Comment

Originally posted by Minimalist Zen View Post
                            My VW Jetta broke down when I was helping my bro on his wedding day, so pai sei! It was about 30k mileage and less than 2 years old. The repair took 3 days though and no problem since then excerpt for the juddering at 2nd gear. The engine is really quite amazing, for 1.4l to produce that kind of torque and power. Was wondering why can't they just use a conventional autobox or CVT?
                            The juddering us a symptom of the clutch slip. Please do not associated this with a trait of the dsg. It's not. It's the symptom Of a fault.

I'd strongly suggest you send it back to Vcs for a clutch replacement.

Comment

Look at Ford for alternative. Their direct injection engine with dual clutch (aka Powershift) has less (or no) issues.
                              My Humble Collection :
                              PAM 320
                              Rolex Submariner Ceramics
                              Laco Pilot Type B Dial

Comment

Originally posted by Minimalist Zen View Post
                                The dsg strikes a good balance between economy and performance.
                                These is hardly any loss of power during gear shifts in a dsg box. A cvt is noisier usually. But more economical. But performance wise, not in the same league as a dsg. A conventional auto with a torque converter is lower and not as economical. Also, it tends to be heavier.

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X