No announcement yet.

VW new car purchase

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Heard earlier on radio vw doing a big recall.
    Audemars Piguet Ball Bell&Ross Cartier IWC Longines Omega Panerai Rolex Sinn Tissot

Alba Casio Citizen Roox Seiko

Wanted to add PP but bo lui

Comment

It's in today's papers as well. VW is recalling 6,000 cars to fix gearbox flaw.
      The Crown Of Achievement

Comment

all the recall cars are in the Macpherson workshop. Any of you guys kenna?
        Enicar Sherpa 147 R.I.P.
        Omega Constellation 168.045 - 368.845
        Omega Constellation 168.059 - 368.0852
        Omega Speedmaster Automatic (“Reduced”) 3510.50.00
        Omega Planet Ocean Big Size 2208.50.00
        Omega Railmaster XXL 2806.52.37
        Tag Heuer WN2111

Comment

anyway, just want to add on about this 7 DSG. They are going to research and increase it to 10. Maybe, that will give you more coffee at VW WS? Just like one of the bros said in this thread, they tested it on a non-stop highway. Singapore also a start stop environment, thus got so much problem. One of my guys, his golf drives until got burnt smell coming out from its gearbox.

You say leh? I think I shall stick to my 6 DSG better.
          Enicar Sherpa 147 R.I.P.
          Omega Constellation 168.045 - 368.845
          Omega Constellation 168.059 - 368.0852
          Omega Speedmaster Automatic (“Reduced”) 3510.50.00
          Omega Planet Ocean Big Size 2208.50.00
          Omega Railmaster XXL 2806.52.37
          Tag Heuer WN2111

Comment

that is quite bad for new car......

Comment

Was thinking of getting a VW, not having doubts.

Comment

Think twice, bros... It's not problem of the quality of their car but also their service advisor. They will brush you off...

Comment

Originally posted by ops9 View Post
                  Think twice, bros... It's not problem of the quality of their car but also their service advisor. They will brush you off...
                  Ya man, when their golf 6 just launched, I went during a weekday and they simply cannot be bothered till I went to counter and check with them. Guessed what they told me. " this car still not in production line must wait for at least 3 months"

Comment

Originally posted by reego View Post
                    Ya man, when their golf 6 just launched, I went during a weekday and they simply cannot be bothered till I went to counter and check with them. Guessed what they told me. " this car still not in production line must wait for at least 3 months"

Lousy sales and aftersales service...

Comment

When everything works it's a fun drive. But when problems come, it's really horrible.

The vcs workshop attitude and speed in resolving issues are notorious.

The whole car ownership experience is the worst I have ever had.

No vw or 7dsg for me ever again.

Comment

Yes based on the experience I had as a golf sport owner, the golf sport was a dream to drive. But it's a nightmare to own. The severity and magnitude of the dag7-speeder box, primarily the clutch and mu issues overwhelmed the other issues with the car.
                        I don't have enuf watches but I will stop buying now!
                        http://roguehogticktock.blogspot.sg/

Comment

am a scirocco owner with the infamous 7sp dsg gearbox, is a really great car to have despite the gearbox issues.

Comment

I drive an 2012 Audi A1 with a 7-spd DSG gearbox. Earlier this year I experienced jerkiness when moving off from standstill, and pickup was laggy. After flashing updated software for the gearbox, the problems have gone away and no new issues since.

Comment

Originally posted by genie View Post
                              I drive an 2012 Audi A1 with a 7-spd DSG gearbox. Earlier this year I experienced jerkiness when moving off from standstill, and pickup was laggy. After flashing updated software for the gearbox, the problems have gone away and no new issues since.
                              Keep monitoring closely. The juddering usually recurs and it's usually from D2-D3 upshift. They might have resolved it temporary with a software upgrade. But this is inherently a hardware issue. The first time the juddering went away on my old golf was through a software upgrade but the gremlin resurfaced more venomously about a year later.
                              I don't have enuf watches but I will stop buying now!
                              http://roguehogticktock.blogspot.sg/

Comment

Originally posted by patclay View Post
                                I heard volkswagen gearbox has problems. Don't know how true this is.
                                Yes, my friend VW also has gearbox problem, probably due to the 7 speed not suitable for Singapore start stop traffic, and very ex to change to a new one.

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X