VW new car purchase

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by roguehog View Post
    The juddering us a symptom of the clutch slip. Please do not associated this with a trait of the dsg. It's not. It's the symptom Of a fault.

I'd strongly suggest you send it back to Vcs for a clutch replacement.
    No use one lah, my friend don't know send it how many time liao, according to him after you send in, the problem will be cured only for 2 weeks and then it come back again .. He gave up long long time ago

Comment

Originally posted by dtctan View Post
      No use one lah, my friend don't know send it how many time liao, according to him after you send in, the problem will be cured only for 2 weeks and then it come back again .. He gave up long long time ago
      I have sent in 3 tones for transmission issues. Changed 2 clutches and 2 mu's already. It's only a temporary fix but at least you minimize the. Chances of having to call for a tow truck.
      I don't have enuf watches but I will stop buying now!
      http://roguehogticktock.blogspot.sg/

Comment

Y cant they just freaking fix this prob once n for all? Have a version 2 transmission then can liao lo since the problem surface for a few yrs liao

Arghhh

Went to vw n benz yesterday on my off day. Really eyeing for the c-class but money worth wise its definitely the vw jetta comfort version but i think comfort rims like **** lah (like copy from civic 1.8), definitely prefer jetta sports rims

Comment

Originally posted by eastsider View Post
          Y cant they just freaking fix this prob once n for all? Have a version 2 transmission then can liao lo since the problem surface for a few yrs liao

Arghhh

Went to vw n benz yesterday on my off day. Really eyeing for the c-class but money worth wise its definitely the vw jetta comfort version but i think comfort rims like **** lah (like copy from civic 1.8), definitely prefer jetta sports rims
          Before you part wi your $, I'd strongly suggest that you check out the vagsg forum and get a feel of what owners of golf and jetta and roc shares on the forum first.

Comment

Originally posted by tyongchi View Post
            Look at Ford for alternative. Their direct injection engine with dual clutch (aka Powershift) has less (or no) issues.
            Haha Joe, you know I know Ford is a good car, but to somebody the name not there, this is sg, can't help hehe..

Comment

Originally posted by BenCheong View Post
              Haha Joe, you know I know Ford is a good car, but to somebody the name not there, this is sg, can't help hehe..
              Ford's quality is good. Mine wifey's mondeo is running strong, warranty good too. They replaced the engine mount recently when I just commented that the engine vibrates a little bit at idle. In fact, I feel it drives better than my 3er, handles as well, other than the branding.

service's center is perpetually quiet unlike performance's mach am like consulting

Comment

Originally posted by Plasmared View Post
                Ford's quality is good. Mine wifey's mondeo is running strong, warranty good too. They replaced the engine mount recently when I just commented that the engine vibrates a little bit at idle. In fact, I feel it drives better than my 3er, handles as well, other than the branding.

service's center is perpetually quiet unlike performance's mach am like consulting
                Tried the previous model mondeo. I didn't enjoy the drive that much. Suspension was a tad soft and pliant. Wife said she felt seasick in the back.

Comment

Haha precisely Plasmared, Mondeo is probably the best car in it class, value for money, and good agent support.
                  Brand is another thing, just wondering is brand that important?

Comment

My doctor used to drive a ford in the past. He said he had to send it in rather frequently.he said his mechanics told him that ford stands for fix or repair daily. Haha! Just sharing a joke bros.

Comment

My doctor used to drive a ford in the past. He said he had to send it in rather frequently.he said his mechanics told him that ford stands for fix or repair daily. Haha! Just sharing a joke bros.
                      You have to be in the driver's seat to enjoy the Mondeo. It's value for $$$. You get loads of car for the $$ + loads of air bags and loads of room. We got it as the boot can fit in a "double stroller" and an additional single stroller. We were comparing with another VW, the Passat CC.

It's quite hardy too, i hit a wall the first time I drove my wife's car to my office while negotiating a tight ramp and the bumper came off with light scratches. My wife didn't even noticed itI returned it. =P

Comment

Haha ya those older Ford very temperamental, the newer gen Ford is different, the ecoboost engine and powershift gearbox really not bad, just sharing, MHO.

Comment

Originally posted by Plasmared View Post
                          You have to be in the driver's seat to enjoy the Mondeo. It's value for $$$. You get loads of car for the $$ + loads of air bags and loads of room. We got it as the boot can fit in a "double stroller" and an additional single stroller. We were comparing with another VW, the Passat CC.

It's quite hardy too, i hit a wall the first time I drove my wife's car to my office while negotiating a tight ramp and the bumper came off with light scratches. My wife didn't even noticed itI returned it. =P
                          Haha I was doing the test drive I thought the steering was too pliant too. Lacks feel.

Comment

Haha I was doing the test drive I thought the steering was too pliant too. Lacks feel.
                            Back in Jan last year, I was evaluating between Skoda Superb Wagon (2L turbo 6 gears DSG) and Ford Mondeo Wagon (2L Ecoboost and 6 gears Powershift) before I decided on the Ford. I was worn over by their engine and gearbox advancement, their 5 years 100,000 km warranty, and it's much cheaper!
                            My Humble Collection :
                            PAM 320
                            Rolex Submariner Ceramics
                            Laco Pilot Type B Dial

Comment

Vw afterall not that bad. Dont think till so jia lat that most bro and sis posted here. .

Comment

Originally posted by Markie View Post
                                Vw afterall not that bad. Dont think till so jia lat that most bro and sis posted here. .
                                which model u drive?

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X