Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Darkangel View Post
    Heh....we dun have cows here wad...hav to import 1
    but i think your steaks come from Brazil whereas Oz much closer, but more expensive
    [U]Currently wearing[/U]:
    [SIZE="1"]TT Datejust with diamond dial - sold!
    Blue 6694
    Seiko SD-lookalike[/SIZE]
    [U]"My collection"[/U]:
    [SIZE="1"]Blue 6694; TT DJ w diamond dial.[/SIZE]

Comment

Originally posted by seiko.citizen View Post
      but i think your steaks come from Brazil whereas Oz much closer, but more expensive
      But it's nice la the Oz tastes quite gd...

Sometimes forgotten, but always contactable. Darkangel (2007-2014)

Comment

I used to like Lawry's, but its really overpriced.

Outback is okay, so-so only.

Raffles Hotel Long Bar Steakhouse is good. And not that expensive if you're going for weekday lunch.

My current favourite is still Hog's Breath, decent steak, value for money. Best value-to-price ratio for me right now.

Alternatively, sometimes I actually like to cook my own. Get my fix from Espirito Santo down at Great World City. Get a couple of their seasoned ribeyes, then go home and grill it lightly with some olive oil.

Comment

Originally posted by seiko.citizen View Post
          Huh? I thought would be cheaper in Oz? for things like steak and red wine?
          How come more ex leh?
          Submariner 14060
          Breitling Colt Auto II
          Chopard Mille Miglia GMT
          Bell & Ross BR03-92
          MM20

Comment

Its Borsch steak house.. wah.. that place DAMN long man.. it was there since like 19 yrs ago man... Still alive eh??

Originally posted by Darkangel View Post
            I think Serangoon Gardens have some good steak...Astons and Borsche ( dunno if spelt right)

Desired horologes ...

- IWC Portuguese Automatic
            - GMT II
            - GMT IIc TT
            - Reverso Squadra Hometime (7008620)/ Reverso Squadra
            - Master Eight Days (1608420)
            - U1
            - IWC Aquatimer

An exquisite timepiece, brings timeless memories and precious moments...

Comment

Originally posted by jazz_samz View Post
              Its Borsch steak house.. wah.. that place DAMN long man.. it was there since like 19 yrs ago man... Still alive eh??
              Ooops added an extra "e" haha...yup still going strong man.

Sometimes forgotten, but always contactable. Darkangel (2007-2014)

Comment

Originally posted by bEnd1ck View Post
                Huh? I thought would be cheaper in Oz? for things like steak and red wine?
                How come more ex leh?
                i think imported beef from south america cheaper due to cheaper feed and costs. aussie beef quite expensive , also cost us about A$26/kilo.
                Blue 6694
                [U]"My collection"[/U]:

Comment

Originally posted by jazz_samz View Post
                  Black Angus?? Use to love that place especially at Orchard Parade Hotel (or is it Orchard hotel.. the place where RED CAFE is) but have since CONDEMN it when I had TERRIBLE service at their Fullerton branch sometime back.. never been back since... (complain to Manager, he also never apologise and told me that there is nothing he can do... WTF!!!)

I love steak.. best so far for me has to be Morton's!!!

Wife bought me there for my birthday 2/3yrs ago and we have been back there every 6mths since that visit..

dig up old thread ah...
                  but what i experienced was bad bad service at their ochard parade hotel..
                  maybe the same manager was transfered there..

anyway
                  Part 1

Last saturday i was there with my wife and auntie and bf.
                  Aunt and BF reach early and the waitress went by their table to ask if they wanted to order, they said, please hold on we are waiting for 2 more guests..

Fine

5 min later, she came again, still the two of them and she still asked if they wanted to order..

No water was served even when my aunt sounded like she was coughing out badly.. thats one strike

5 min later she comes again and this time we are still there so they say again
                  please hold on we are waiting for 2 more guests..

Then they had to request for a glass of water....

Finally we came and the waitress came to our table, i of course asked for 5 min to decide..

So she said ok but again no water was served...

NVM...

5 min she came again asked if we were ready and being a steak house, we had to choose the type of steak, the size of steak, the side dishes, the entree the sause etc.... you get what i am trying to say ??

well she said ok but only with a face longer than an mrt track ..

when we were finally ready, she took our orders ...
                  but failed to reconfirm and left without asking if we wanted to drinks..

and when my wife wanted to order the drinks, the waitress was more interested in collecting the menus and ignored my wife...

When we made a complain another server was given to us and all was better and this waitress did what a waitress should do at such an establishment..

nonetheless the manager popped by and when we decided to inform him of his staffs behaviour, all he could do was ignore it and said he will teach his staff what to do and not us and if we are not happy to just write in..

even when all he needed to do was say sorry and walk off even if it was just for formalilty sake

when we told him that what he was doing was so unlike a manager and we were going to tell him to all our friends, he just said fine, if we are not hapy, no need to eat in HIS restaurant!

wtf........

we just got up and left.

and had the best dinner at Lawry's !!!!!!!!
                  SRC is bad dealer !

Comment

Originally posted by seadweller View Post
                    dig up old thread ah...
                    but what i experienced was bad bad service at their ochard parade hotel..
                    maybe the same manager was transfered there..

anyway
                    Part 1

Last saturday i was there with my wife and auntie and bf.
                    Aunt and BF reach early and the waitress went by their table to ask if they wanted to order, they said, please hold on we are waiting for 2 more guests..

Fine

5 min later, she came again, still the two of them and she still asked if they wanted to order..

No water was served even when my aunt sounded like she was coughing out badly.. thats one strike

5 min later she comes again and this time we are still there so they say again
                    please hold on we are waiting for 2 more guests..

Then they had to request for a glass of water....

Finally we came and the waitress came to our table, i of course asked for 5 min to decide..

So she said ok but again no water was served...

NVM...

5 min she came again asked if we were ready and being a steak house, we had to choose the type of steak, the size of steak, the side dishes, the entree the sause etc.... you get what i am trying to say ??

well she said ok but only with a face longer than an mrt track ..

when we were finally ready, she took our orders ...
                    but failed to reconfirm and left without asking if we wanted to drinks..

and when my wife wanted to order the drinks, the waitress was more interested in collecting the menus and ignored my wife...

When we made a complain another server was given to us and all was better and this waitress did what a waitress should do at such an establishment..

nonetheless the manager popped by and when we decided to inform him of his staffs behaviour, all he could do was ignore it and said he will teach his staff what to do and not us and if we are not happy to just write in..

even when all he needed to do was say sorry and walk off even if it was just for formalilty sake

when we told him that what he was doing was so unlike a manager and we were going to tell him to all our friends, he just said fine, if we are not hapy, no need to eat in HIS restaurant!

wtf........

we just got up and left.

and had the best dinner at Lawry's !!!!!!!!
                    sounds like a sh*tty experience you had, in Oz such service, when you write in, you will get full refund PLUS a free meal on them.

Like I told my staff, it is easy to chase customers out the door, but very damn difficult to get them to even step in, this rule for every business, whether in food or otherwise. But it apply even more in food industry.
                    Blue 6694
                    [U]"My collection"[/U]:

Comment

Hi, but is thre anyway to 'wack' such a company? Do we just rant out here n close te case? I think such poor service n arrogant attitude shld be highlighted publicly..
                      The Crown Of Achievement

Comment

Originally posted by Oceanklassik View Post
                        Hi, but is thre anyway to 'wack' such a company? Do we just rant out here n close te case? I think such poor service n arrogant attitude shld be highlighted publicly..
                        STOMP ... but that is waste of time really. Plenty of crap post, so stopped visiting the site. You could write to the office of the eatery in question (typical Oz behavior)
                        Blue 6694
                        [U]"My collection"[/U]:

Comment

Morton's for me
                          Rolex Submariner 16610 LV

Rolex SS GMT II 116710 LN

Comment

I would recommend Mariner's Corner Restaurant at cantonment Rd. Decent steak @ economical price. I like their tenderloin steak set, abt $25 (inc tax and gst). THere's a 10% discount with DBS cc.

Think this place has been around since 1984, so the deco is rather retro. It's like bringing back childhood memories.
                            Current Inventory
                            Explorer II Black (M)
                            Submariner LV (M)
                            Datejust TT
                            Omega Speedmaster Date
                            Adidas (my 10yrs workhorse)

Comment

Morton's, The Steakhouse and Just Steak
                              I can resist anything but temptation. - Oscar Wilde

Current collection
                              A.Lange & Sohne Grand Langematik
                              Audemars Piguet ROO
                              Blancpain Fifty Fathoms (Dark Knight)
                              De Bethune Titan Hawk (DB27)
                              Habring2 Pilot Time Date
                              Harry Winston Midnight Big Date
                              Hublot Aerobang Skeleton
                              IWC Portuguese Perpetual Calendar
                              Panerai 270
                              Patek Philippe 5711/1a
                              Rolex 116610LV