• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Oceanklassik View Post
    Saw few recommending Morton. Where huh?
    Morton's is at Mandarin Oriental bro
    运筹帷幄 决胜千里

Comment

WTF!!! I sympathise with you bro.. They used to be so good and offer reasonable priced steak... I doubt same bloody manager went there lah bro.. My encounter was in 2003.. If they still keep this kind of F-up service MANAGER, then they would have been BANKRUPT by now...

Like I suggested.. go Morton's.. won't go wrong there.... at least I hope that they stay as good...

Originally posted by seadweller View Post
      dig up old thread ah...
      but what i experienced was bad bad service at their ochard parade hotel..
      maybe the same manager was transfered there..

anyway
      Part 1

Last saturday i was there with my wife and auntie and bf.
      Aunt and BF reach early and the waitress went by their table to ask if they wanted to order, they said, please hold on we are waiting for 2 more guests..

Fine

5 min later, she came again, still the two of them and she still asked if they wanted to order..

No water was served even when my aunt sounded like she was coughing out badly.. thats one strike

5 min later she comes again and this time we are still there so they say again
      please hold on we are waiting for 2 more guests..

Then they had to request for a glass of water....

Finally we came and the waitress came to our table, i of course asked for 5 min to decide..

So she said ok but again no water was served...

NVM...

5 min she came again asked if we were ready and being a steak house, we had to choose the type of steak, the size of steak, the side dishes, the entree the sause etc.... you get what i am trying to say ??

well she said ok but only with a face longer than an mrt track ..

when we were finally ready, she took our orders ...
      but failed to reconfirm and left without asking if we wanted to drinks..

and when my wife wanted to order the drinks, the waitress was more interested in collecting the menus and ignored my wife...

When we made a complain another server was given to us and all was better and this waitress did what a waitress should do at such an establishment..

nonetheless the manager popped by and when we decided to inform him of his staffs behaviour, all he could do was ignore it and said he will teach his staff what to do and not us and if we are not happy to just write in..

even when all he needed to do was say sorry and walk off even if it was just for formalilty sake

when we told him that what he was doing was so unlike a manager and we were going to tell him to all our friends, he just said fine, if we are not hapy, no need to eat in HIS restaurant!

wtf........

we just got up and left.

and had the best dinner at Lawry's !!!!!!!!

Desired horologes ...

- IWC Portuguese Automatic
      - GMT II
      - GMT IIc TT
      - Reverso Squadra Hometime (7008620)/ Reverso Squadra
      - Master Eight Days (1608420)
      - U1
      - IWC Aquatimer

An exquisite timepiece, brings timeless memories and precious moments...

Comment

Thank you psee.
        The Crown Of Achievement

Comment

Jack's Place

Bar n Billiard Room - nice buffet with a outdoor grill section...the steaks are superb!

Comment

Originally posted by wean_sg View Post
            Jack's Place

Bar n Billiard Room - nice buffet with a outdoor grill section...the steaks are superb!
            Jack's place is not bad I have to say,been there several times

Sometimes forgotten, but always contactable. Darkangel (2007-2014)

Comment

Tenderloin Steak

The last time at Cairnhill Rd there was a Steak house called Kobe Steak House, they served very tender & tasty steak, my wife loved that place, unfortunately in the name of progress that restuarant was gone!

Now we found another very good delicious steak at Pasir Panjang junction of South Bouna Vista Rd, the steak house is called "Hooha Cafe" very popular with the Caucasian and locals...can be crowded especially weekend, why there "jam" session on Friday and Saturday nite after 10pm, live band and you can sing, ppl "Q" up just to take turn to sing, Victor will plays the Guitar he's very good if you sing out of tune he can follow your song and correct your singing...

You can go to Yahoo..search "hoohacafe" there a satelite map to guide you there too. There a forum write out about this restuarant..I am not in any way related or owner of this place..just love to eat the steak there..200 gm enough for me..

ha ha ..

cheers

Comment

Takashimaya

Originally posted by louisoh View Post
                Where is your fav place for steaks?.....

Personally, i like black angus yumyum..
                Im fond of Angus Steak House, 4th floor takashimaya right at the end past tonkichi. Not related to Black Angus.

Japanese style steaks and service. Not very pricey either and very good service.

regards,
                inf1d3l

Comment

Originally posted by inf1d3l View Post
                  Im fond of Angus Steak House, 4th floor takashimaya right at the end past tonkichi. Not related to Black Angus.

Japanese style steaks and service. Not very pricey either and very good service.

regards,
                  inf1d3l
                  agree....great steaks...

i used to like black angus...now i find them too "dry"....out of my list liao...

The Steakhouse at Clarke Quay is great...
                  I can resist anything but temptation. - Oscar Wilde

Current collection
                  A.Lange & Sohne Grand Langematik
                  Audemars Piguet ROO
                  Blancpain Fifty Fathoms (Dark Knight)
                  De Bethune Titan Hawk (DB27)
                  Habring2 Pilot Time Date
                  Harry Winston Midnight Big Date
                  Hublot Aerobang Skeleton
                  IWC Portuguese Perpetual Calendar
                  Panerai 270
                  Patek Philippe 5711/1a
                  Rolex 116610LV
                  Vacheron Constantin Overseas

Comment

Morton's at Oriental Hotel - weekday happy hours 5-7pm. Great place to be for a martini and free-flow of steak sandwich. If you can get there early, you will be at least half full from those sandwiches.

Comment

Pietrasanta - Tenderloin

Thumbs up for the grilled tenderloin at Pietrasanta - off Portsdowns Road - at Wessex Estate.

When done "Medium", what arrives is a sliced tenderloin nicely grilled on the outside and slightly (only slightly) pink on the insider. Delicious without being raw.

Comment

Hock Lam Beef Noodles? At Purvis St..I think?
                        "Once is happenstance, twice is coincidence,
                        three times is enemy action and
                        over 600 is clearly the work of an ancient Sumerian demon or some sh*t
                        ."

Comment

Originally posted by Ender View Post
                          Hock Lam Beef Noodles? At Purvis St..I think?
                          They've got one at Far East Square and the other around the Circular Road area? There is some debate as to which is the original/better one.

Comment

I think Hougang there got Hock Lam Beef Noodles also!

Sometimes forgotten, but always contactable. Darkangel (2007-2014)

Comment

Originally posted by 2277 View Post
                              They've got one at Far East Square and the other around the Circular Road area? There is some debate as to which is the original/better one.
                              They are owned/ operated by 2 bros who fell out with each other after their father, who started the original biz, passed on and now, each claimed to be the 'true', 'authentic' and 'original' hock lam beef noodles...
                              ."

Comment

Originally posted by Darkangel View Post
                                I think Hougang there got Hock Lam Beef Noodles also!
                                Not sure about that, possible cause one of the 2 clans (the one who operated the Far East Sqaure one) is opening up a few outlets all over the island...
                                ."

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X