Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by m33pok View Post
    wah toffee bro your experience is really bad
    served you so many times still can get the wrong order... if not happy with the service you can always dun pay the service charge
    cheers!
    Haha, thanks Bro M33pok...yeah, that was the most baffling part! When the uncle took such lengths to confirm the order and it still came out wrong, my wife said it was a bad sign already...
    To be fair to them, the chicken was indeed quite tender and who knows, the food, service (and chicken rice knowledge!) could be better in other S(t)in Kee outlets.
    But yesterday, the stingy sauce provision was a deal breaker for me. White chicken when not soaked in sauce can be quite tasteless. Of course I could've asked for more sauce but by then, my mood was already soured and my aim was to just finish up and F off from the place.
    Sweet 16:
    PP Aquanaut
    VC Overseas
    AP ROO Black Themes
    A.Lange & Sohne 1815
    Breguet Type XXI
    Blancpain 50 Fathoms
    JLC Navy Seals
    GO Senator 60s
    GP Laureato
    Zenith Pilot Extra Special
    Rolex DSSD
    IWC Big Pilot
    Pam 112
    Omega Ploprof
    Breitling Super Avenger
    Glycine F104

Comment

Originally posted by triton View Post
      no lah. just like to cook.
      Hey, I like to cook too! I haven't made chicken rice yet but I'm pretty alright with my mince pork noodles and char kway teow. Only problem with char kway teow is it makes the kitchen like a war zone after cooking!
      Sweet 16:
      PP Aquanaut
      VC Overseas
      AP ROO Black Themes
      A.Lange & Sohne 1815
      Breguet Type XXI
      Blancpain 50 Fathoms
      JLC Navy Seals
      GO Senator 60s
      GP Laureato
      Rolex DSSD
      IWC Big Pilot
      Pam 112
      Omega Ploprof
      Breitling Super Avenger
      Glycine F104

Comment

Originally posted by toffeesthings View Post
        Hey, I like to cook too! I haven't made chicken rice yet but I'm pretty alright with my mince pork noodles and char kway teow. Only problem with char kway teow is it makes the kitchen like a war zone after cooking!
        for mince pork noodles. the critical is the seasoning. if you get it right, it is nice. else, it will end up so-so. the mixture of soya sauce, pork lard, vinegar, chilli sauce. need a right balance. also, marinated mushroom is a must.

for char kway teow, why war zone? i cook is pretty alright. i usually add chinese pork sausage, sea hum, bean sprout.

fried rice also quite easy.

lor mee not too hard also.
        if you have issues with your account, click here for self help and read forum rules here. 90% of your answers can be found in Forum FAQ

i DO NOT respond to any pm regarding account issues

kindly email with
        1. subject heading indicating your issue
        2. your nick
        3. your corresponding email address
        4. state what you were trying to do and what the system prevented you to do

if you receive no response in pm or email, it means your answers can be found in the Forum FAQ here

your kind understanding is very much appreciated.

disclaimer : all opinions expressed are personal

Comment

erm triton... have you ever considered starting a section that compiles all the food recipe?
          want to learn how to cook such food also but dun have the correct proportion for the various ingredient
          cheers!

Comment

i find the downtown east chicken rice ( ex-chef chatter box ) very good... espcially when the price + its air-con come in a
            reasonable +/- $5 per head.

Comment

...lor mee not too hard also.
              can share your lor mee recipe? im seriously craving for decent lor mee. as you know, want to get locally (perth) also cannot

By the way, when my old man cook chicken rice, he will usually take the knife to the drumstick/thigh joint and separate the two. You may find that it works for you; depending on how you serve it.
              If you are serving the chicken as per hawker style then maybe it wont work. My old man usually just whack breast/wing/thigh/drumstick so everyone just takes a piece, much easier
              [U]Currently wearing[/U]:
              [SIZE="1"]TT Datejust with diamond dial - sold!
              Blue 6694
              Seiko SD-lookalike[/SIZE]
              [U]"My collection"[/U]:
              [SIZE="1"]Blue 6694; TT DJ w diamond dial.[/SIZE]

Comment

for mince pork noodles. the critical is the seasoning. if you get it right, it is nice. else, it will end up so-so. the mixture of soya sauce, pork lard, vinegar, chilli sauce. need a right balance. also, marinated mushroom is a must.

for char kway teow, why war zone? i cook is pretty alright. i usually add chinese pork sausage, sea hum, bean sprout.

fried rice also quite easy.

lor mee not too hard also.
                Bro Triton,
                You're right about the seasoning. When I make mince pork noodles, I'll also add a dash of ketchup and a little mince garlic to add a subtle flavor. As for Fried Kway Teow, I discovered that if you add in a handful of preserved radish and simmer it in the oil to fry with the garlic for a while, it enhances the taste rather well! : )
                Sweet 16:
                PP Aquanaut
                VC Overseas
                AP ROO Black Themes
                A.Lange & Sohne 1815
                Breguet Type XXI
                Blancpain 50 Fathoms
                JLC Navy Seals
                GO Senator 60s
                GP Laureato
                Rolex DSSD
                IWC Big Pilot
                Pam 112
                Omega Ploprof
                Breitling Super Avenger
                Glycine F104

Comment

i find ketchup & chilli sauce have a conflicting aroma. i prefer the stronger kick of chilli, esp those extra hot ones .
                  Blue 6694
                  [U]"My collection"[/U]:

Comment

Originally posted by pegasi View Post
                    Got it, tks bro!
                    http://www.streetdirectory.com/asiat.../52603/127145/

Map for you

Sometimes forgotten, but always contactable. Darkangel (2007-2014)

Comment

lor mee's winning or losing formula is the sauce. usually i fry garlic and small onion until the fragrance come out. then add flour to water and add thick dark soya sauce into it and simmer. however, you need to add them slowly and continue to stir well. as it will stick to the base and there goes your lor mee. u need to add one clove of those spice *the star shape and cinnamon if that is what you call * that you do the braised duck.

then usually add fish cake, then i do some pork chop, add some salted fish also.

Originally posted by seiko.citizen View Post
                      can share your lor mee recipe? im seriously craving for decent lor mee. as you know, want to get locally (perth) also cannot
                      if you have issues with your account, click here for self help and read forum rules here. 90% of your answers can be found in Forum FAQ

kindly email with
                      2. your nick

if you receive no response in pm or email, it means your answers can be found in the Forum FAQ here

Comment

haha. compile receipe? dont need lah. u google can liao. proportion i use estimate. i dont follow to say use 10ml of this and that. it is based on 'instinct'. sometimes good. sometimes bad. haha. turn out too salty or too bland. but that is how i learn.

Originally posted by m33pok View Post
                        erm triton... have you ever considered starting a section that compiles all the food recipe?
                        want to learn how to cook such food also but dun have the correct proportion for the various ingredient
                        cheers!

kindly email with
                        2. your nick

Comment

Originally posted by Darkangel View Post
                          is it around the back, about a block away from the cpf building rite?

lor mee's winning or losing formula is the sauce. usually i fry garlic and small onion until the fragrance come out. then add flour to water and add thick dark soya sauce into it and simmer. however, you need to add them slowly and continue to stir well. as it will stick to the base and there goes your lor mee. u need to add one clove of those spice *the star shape and cinnamon if that is what you call * that you do the braised duck.

then usually add fish cake, then i do some pork chop, add some salted fish also.
                          one day i shall try. the star shape spice, i think you may what in hokkien we call "buei kak" if so, that i sure have at home.

you must be quite a chef at home not bad. on the other hand, kitchen is the last place you will see me in (unless cooking something one off)
                          Blue 6694
                          [U]"My collection"[/U]:

Comment

yes. that is the name.

im not a chef lah. i only cook occassionally. im just a lazy bum. mum or wife cook. i eat. maid clears the dishes.

one day i shall try. the star shape spice, i think you may what in hokkien we call "buei kak" if so, that i sure have at home.

you must be quite a chef at home not bad. on the other hand, kitchen is the last place you will see me in (unless cooking something one off)

kindly email with
                            2. your nick

Comment

is it around the back, about a block away from the cpf building rite?
                              Yeap about there

Sometimes forgotten, but always contactable. Darkangel (2007-2014)

Comment

The Sin Kee that TS went is not the original one. There's some story behind that caused the take over by "new" owner. The original one has shifted to the food market in Mei Ling Street.
                                Current Inventory
                                Explorer II Black (M)
                                Submariner LV (M)
                                Datejust TT
                                Omega Speedmaster Date
                                Adidas (my 10yrs workhorse)

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
                                Working...