Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ok, thanks!

Comment

• such a pity this thread no longer active , SOMEBODY BRING IT BRING TO LIFE !

Comment

• Bangkok :

Just becauseful at 4 Face Buhda, some guys or ladies will pose as Doctor of rxxxx...walking aroudn there to help those tourists who need help and he/she will strongly recommend you to visit Gem/Ruby factory. That is the time you will get con.. ( A friend with wife n teenage kid follow his suggestion n jump up the Tuktu he call, just Baht 20 n brought them to the factory, he paid Bhat 7 to 8,000 for 2 pcs..and street value may cost 1/4 or so......) Don't talk to them nothing will happen..

Go to Back-packer street name Khansan, find good english speaking short tour is very good n reasonable since dealing with ang-mo all the time, Won't kena-kutog lah.. Also good pub n food there by night.

Comment

• Sirocco dining on the 64th floor usually needs advance booking of at least 2-3 months. the last dinner i had there was on the 30 something floor. 4 pax, service was solid ( IMHO ) each pax ordered a main course, 1 glass of wine each and 1 platter of dim sum. comes up to about close to SGD 1100. I went twice to the SKY bar which is on the 64th floor, dinner needs reservation, but to chill at the extended bar where u can see the ** whole ** of BKK, is shiok shiok. drinks for 4 pax each a glass of cocktail is SGD 120.

Usually after dinner from here, I would go either RCA ( route 66 ) or Ekkamai ( Funky Villa ), since I will dress abit presentable at Sirocco.

Chinatown has a very famous wanton noodle store, along the street, 2 weeks back I was there, quite not bad for a thai cooking WANTON noodle. Fillings was fresh.

Fri and Saturday after dinner, I would either head to KlongTom ( if i nv spell wrongly ) a night market for the thais, very near to Chinatown. Klongtom sells practically everything that you can think of, from a mechanical pencil to a industrial drill bit ! Both new and second hand. ( Please be prepared to wear shorts and singlets / tee shirt, cos the place is usually very packed with human traffic, shoulder to shoulder.

Patpong as usual, for a quick drink, see girls doing pole dancing, after which i would always pop by the opposite streets where all the GAYs are. Visit their dream boys, ( i am no gay, but i always like to experience thrill shows ) inside the bar, the show usually starts at SIN 1200mid night, thailand 11pm. starts with shower show, all the way till boy penetrating boys

Anymore exciting shows i am missing out from thailand ? Maybe someone can share here ?

Pingpong shows, girl shows, boy shows I have experienced. Perhaps something else can add on to my itinery, my next trip should be March this year.

Comment

• You miss out eating pork leg rice at MBK food court.....hahaha

Comment

• U mean the classic food court or the thai food court ? not forgetting the steamboat buffet in MBK. Japanese name, buffet style on a sushi belt. each pax is 298 Baht, eat till u drop. i love their chilli sauce which they serve with it.

Comment

• Going there in 2nd week of march.
                Besides chatuchak, any markets to recommend?
                Anyone been to the river market where they sell things on boats along the river?

Cheers

Comment

• i am there again this 8-11th march with a friend.

weekend fri and sat evening, u can try the night market.

1. Klongtom ( very near to chinatown )
                  2. Sa pan pot ( dont know the spelling )

Floating marketing usually i wake up too late to go. but if u can wake up as early as 5 plus am, i guess there are still something for u to see. ask the hotel reception, they will be friendly enuf to intro u a few places.

Do enjoy your trip. any new discover please share with us

Comment

• Go the the place called AMPHAWA on Sat only and stay for a night, I guarantee you will love the food and the atmosphere
                    Try google this place.

Comment

• Thanks but looks far from Bkk?

I only got one day free during that week. Gotta work.

Originally posted by Noriki View Post
                      Go the the place called AMPHAWA on Sat only and stay for a night, I guarantee you will love the food and the atmosphere
                      Try google this place.

Comment

• with the current flood now, not sure if i should cancel my trip on the 23 Oct??

Comment

• Bangkok Dangerous

Comment

• If can cancel now with refund do it asap or postpone the flight. If not wait a few more days and see. But definitely for me its a no go now. Somemore with the water from the north flowing downstream, there might be more floods to come....

"For now, major city tourist areas such as Sukhumvit Road, Khao San Road and Silom are unaffected by the floods."

http://disaster.go.th/dpm/flood/floodEng.html
                            http://www.thailandtourismupdate.com/

Comment

• Remember to buy medical insurance hor.

Comment

• going bangkok this sunday, wonder if it will be flooding in central area...

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X