No announcement yet.

Bangkok thread....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I was just back from Bangkok on the 7th this month. Nothing to worry about. Suwanabumi airport is safe, hotels and shopping all round platinum mall area, MBK, Chinatown all dry and safe, palace has a bit of flood thou, but last heard is subsiding. This trip is far better because there are fewer cars on the road to cause much traffic jams. Most Thais drove up to pattaya and nearby beaches.

The seriousness report from Channel News Asia mostly are reports of floods of near the old airport and slightly outskirts which really has up to chin water level. I hope that everything would be back to normal soon for Thailand. Tourist there I should say has not much been affected, not as bad as the red clash earlier this year.

Comment

• Appreciate the update. And yes, let's hope things turn out well for them ..
      The Crown Of Achievement

Comment

• i be going to bangkok this weekend with my wife for her shopping spree at ctc....
        hope everything there
        "soon soon"..........
        will be staying area near mbk shopping mall
        Last edited by jeremayer; 29-02-12, 09:30 AM. Reason: add-on
        Current - Rolex Deepsea Sea Dweller

Comment

• i just came back February. Stayed Pratumwan Princess and I love it.

Previously i always stay amari watergate, but princess decor and bed more comfy. Now watergate's price down a lot due to Novotel Platinium open directly opposite them.

enjoy your trip

Comment

• Nothing much. Its still safe to travel around in bkk despite all the little news.

Comment

• Just back from Bangkok.. Very safe to travel..

Comment

• i am back from bkk... stayed at centrepoint, good breakfast and nice shopping under hot weather...
                bad traffic experience and alot of ladyboy.....
                Current - Rolex Deepsea Sea Dweller

Comment

• the ladyboy is not a selling point for bkk, but thanks for the heads up anyway
                  [U]Currently wearing[/U]:
                  [SIZE="1"]TT Datejust with diamond dial - sold!
                  Blue 6694
                  Seiko SD-lookalike[/SIZE]
                  [U]"My collection"[/U]:
                  [SIZE="1"]Blue 6694; TT DJ w diamond dial.[/SIZE]

Comment

• Ladyboy is a well documented Thailand attraction, which is a regionally well known.....the shows they put up are very professionally done up and great entertainment which is popular among tourists for a long time. Cheers

Comment

• Where in Bangkok is a good place to buy branded used watches? Thanks.

Comment

• Don't waste your time searching used watch in Bkk. IMHO

Comment

• Originally posted by gregsng View Post
                          Where in Bangkok is a good place to buy branded used watches? Thanks.
                          cannot la second hand watches, i rather spend a whole day at MBK's electronics level. got many eye candy to see too.

Comment

• a friend told me its cheaper to buy Grand Seikos in Bangkok. Any1 know if this is true? aiming for GS GMT

Comment

• thanks for the info.. might be planning a hols there soon

Comment

• IMO, i would not recommend anyone to buy used watches in BKK. End of the day, you might get yourself an immitation stuff instead of an authentic one. 2nd hand price for something which is fake is definitely not worth it.

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X